shape
carat
color
clarity

More Fun Things on Etsy

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
After getting inspired here and finally understanding how to see the sold items I finally ordered something. I am planning a reset of my engagement ring but the fiance want's to wait until after christmas.

So after finding out the lovely pave and milgrain custom work danielm does I got into talks with them. Since I would prefer to see there work in person, before taking on that type of project, I just ordered an amethyst bezel pendant with milgrain. Ok, if we are completly honest that is an excuse.

Now the problem is I want it NOW! Oh and I am a bit worried that I will regret not plunking down more time and money to get another
gem. I am one of those wierdos who likes some brown or greys in their stones.

By the way I seem to remember someone getting milgrain bezel studs from danielm, anyone remember who?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh MTG that sapphire bezel is gorgeous!!

natascha - I think it was Jax172, don't know if she ever posted them on PS though..

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pieces MTG....I have so many projects for Daniel M...just need the funds!

Here are a pair of fingerless gloves that I just got from Etsy...love them! This is the artisan wearing them....beekisses.

Lori

fingerless gloves from beekisses.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
loriken214|1290234709|2773802 said:
Gorgeous pieces MTG....I have so many projects for Daniel M...just need the funds!

Here are a pair of fingerless gloves that I just got from Etsy...love them! This is the artisan wearing them....beekisses.

Lori

okay those are just *adorable* Lori :bigsmile:

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I could have used those when I was delivering rural mail! I had to make due with shooter's mitts, and they are horribly unfeminine. I can't wait to show the female carriers those gloves!

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
I had such a bad experience on Etsy. I ordered and paid for a set of stacking rings and then waited and waited. I emailed the seller and she said she needed more time to make the rings so I was patient. I never received the rings and now PayPal and Etsy won't help because it was paid for more than 45 days ago. I'm out the money, have no rings and no hope of getting either. I don't think I would order on Etsy again. They know little about the sellers and basically if you have a problem you are on your own.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have a problem with Etsy's website crashing on you? It happens ALL THE TIME for me and makes me so sad! I'm using Chrome.

I heart Etsy and have been perusing more lately, so hopefully I'll have stuff to share!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Lori, I've been thinking about those fingerless gloves (thanks for the idea!). It's been unseasonably cold in northern CA, and the heater in my apartment isn't much better than one of those little portable space heaters. If you're not right next to it, you don't get any heat...you know? Anyway, I found these from another seller, which I like a lot, and they're just $10! I'm going to order a pair, just not sure which color.

wrist-warmers.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pixgirl|1291170243|2783661 said:
I had such a bad experience on Etsy. I ordered and paid for a set of stacking rings and then waited and waited. I emailed the seller and she said she needed more time to make the rings so I was patient. I never received the rings and now PayPal and Etsy won't help because it was paid for more than 45 days ago. I'm out the money, have no rings and no hope of getting either. I don't think I would order on Etsy again. They know little about the sellers and basically if you have a problem you are on your own.

Etsy is like eBay in a lot of ways - it's a marketplace, and there are trustworthy - and not so - sellers. If you paid with a credit card (or even a check card from some issuers, BoA for one) you may be within the period to do a chargeback, depending on how much you paid and whether the hassle is worth it to you.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
jstarfireb|1291179518|2783799 said:
Lori, I've been thinking about those fingerless gloves (thanks for the idea!). It's been unseasonably cold in northern CA, and the heater in my apartment isn't much better than one of those little portable space heaters. If you're not right next to it, you don't get any heat...you know? Anyway, I found these from another seller, which I like a lot, and they're just $10! I'm going to order a pair, just not sure which color.

OOOOHHHH...I love these....thank you for sharing them Jstar!!! These would be VERY easy to wear. Please let me know how you like them.

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

Wish I knew who the seller is....I've ordered tons of stacking rings from many sellers on Etsy. There is NO excuse for this! :nono:

Lori

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I would order on Etsy again. They know little about the sellers and basically if you have a problem you are on your own.

I understand your feeling that way, but if you ever change your mind, you might want to consider using a vendor who has proven

trustworthy to people who post here. There are a few Etsy vendors who make jewelry who have been used by many Pricescopers.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
loriken214|1291351322|2785950 said:
jstarfireb|1291179518|2783799 said:

OOOOHHHH...I love these....thank you for sharing them Jstar!!! These would be VERY easy to wear. Please let me know how you like them.

Lori

No problem! I like that they're pretty sleek and practical, and the fleece material looks nice. I haven't ordered yet, as I'm convoing the seller (AlyTheRed) about other color options.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Any new finds?

Lori

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
<---- Wants a dragonfly wing ring!!!! :((

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
sparklyheart|1293222505|2805563 said:
I just received this ring and I love it! I fell in love with the style about a year ago and have been looking for the perfect one.. It fits great and is very delicate.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/59101990/on-sale-pink-gold-twist-14k-band

I have that in yellow! I got it secondhand from D&T. I also have this one in rose from blazerarts, not perfectly straight but elegant and inexpensive.

roseskinny.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here is my latest Etsy project. The gemstone is an amethyst with a spider/web design cut into it by Cindi Stair. I sent it to DanielM to have it made into a sterling silver bezel ring. Merry Christmas to me!

Lori

LORI SPIDER RING.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: I wondered if that was yours!!

smoke and diamonds

Rough_Rock
Re:

Hello :wavey:! I am very new to this forum and to gemstone jewelry as well, but I am trying my best to educate myself with books and the help of the internet. So happy to have found this thread - there are some etsy designers that I adore and I am glad that such a platform exists, I don't how much luck finding designs I love in stores where I live... I like natural (florals, organic designs) themed jewelry, but also also very classic, minimalstic pieces... and stuff that has a patina, is oxidized... you get it...

Anyway, I hope nobody minds me quoting some posts from ealier in this thread, maybe the OPs are still reading this or someone else can help me! It's so nice to have found people with similar tastes!

AGBF|1235298601|1808733 said:
esdesigns on Etsy is one vendor who works primarily in sterling silver, but will also work in gold and who often makes pieces in sterling silver with gold (real gold) accents. She does custom work. This ring is a garnet. The shank is sterling silver and the head is gold.

Has anyone approched a seller with such a distinctive style like hers to make a custom piece that you want to be very close to an existing design? I have found a silver ring by a luxury company that isn't for sale anymore and I can never find it on any reselling sites... and I have looked through many shops to find someone who I think does have the skills to make a similar piece - I am very impressed with the detail on esdesigns's botanical pieces, so I would like to ask her because it's a flower ring, but I afraid my request will sound like I have no respect for her work. What do you think?

Addy|1242484084|1978508 said:
How much are you ladies willing to pay for silver pieces on etsy? I know this will be different for everyone, but I found a pair of earrings I love that cost $150 plus international shipping. That seems expensive to me. Has silver gone up a lot in price the past couple of years? I''d post the listing, but I''m still considering buying them.

That's something I would love to know, too. I am aware that difficult designs might cost more because their is a lot more time (and skill?!) involved, but how do you determine if something is totally overpriced or a good deal?!

arjunajane|1245760239|2048328 said:
I will also recommend Julia Kay Taylor, she is super easy to work with and I think she has great skill.

Thinking about asking her to make me a key, too. How much did you have to pay for them? What is the approx. size?

bean|1254352785|2216368 said:

I have read your post following this one and it seems like you are not 100% satisfied with the rings you got from kyleannemetals.
If I have understood everything correctly one of the rings you ordered is the pink amethyst - which I am thinking of ordering from her, too. But I couldn't find that ring in your wearing pics...? It looks stunning in her shop pic , I wonder if it looks like that in real life too.

loriken214|1294886640|2821270 said:
Here is my latest Etsy project. The gemstone is an amethyst with a spider/web design cut into it by Cindi Stair. I sent it to DanielM to have it made into a sterling silver bezel ring. Merry Christmas to me!

Loving the spider cut into it, didn't even know that was possible! Seems like possebilities are endless :twisted:

Lee Little

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Now that is practical. I like to see pieces like this that will last. Lee

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

smoke and diamonds|1295721181|2829756 said:
Hello :wavey:! I am very new to this forum and to gemstone jewelry as well, but I am trying my best to educate myself with books and the help of the internet. So happy to have found this thread - there are some etsy designers that I adore and I am glad that such a platform exists, I don't how much luck finding designs I love in stores where I live... I like natural (florals, organic designs) themed jewelry, but also also very classic, minimalstic pieces... and stuff that has a patina, is oxidized... you get it...

Anyway, I hope nobody minds me quoting some posts from ealier in this thread, maybe the OPs are still reading this or someone else can help me! It's so nice to have found people with similar tastes!

AGBF|1235298601|1808733 said:
esdesigns on Etsy is one vendor who works primarily in sterling silver, but will also work in gold and who often makes pieces in sterling silver with gold (real gold) accents. She does custom work. This ring is a garnet. The shank is sterling silver and the head is gold.

Has anyone approched a seller with such a distinctive style like hers to make a custom piece that you want to be very close to an existing design? I have found a silver ring by a luxury company that isn't for sale anymore and I can never find it on any reselling sites... and I have looked through many shops to find someone who I think does have the skills to make a similar piece - I am very impressed with the detail on esdesigns's botanical pieces, so I would like to ask her because it's a flower ring, but I afraid my request will sound like I have no respect for her work. What do you think?

Addy|1242484084|1978508 said:
How much are you ladies willing to pay for silver pieces on etsy? I know this will be different for everyone, but I found a pair of earrings I love that cost $150 plus international shipping. That seems expensive to me. Has silver gone up a lot in price the past couple of years? I''d post the listing, but I''m still considering buying them.

That's something I would love to know, too. I am aware that difficult designs might cost more because their is a lot more time (and skill?!) involved, but how do you determine if something is totally overpriced or a good deal?!

arjunajane|1245760239|2048328 said:
I will also recommend Julia Kay Taylor, she is super easy to work with and I think she has great skill.

Thinking about asking her to make me a key, too. How much did you have to pay for them? What is the approx. size?

bean|1254352785|2216368 said:

I have read your post following this one and it seems like you are not 100% satisfied with the rings you got from kyleannemetals.
If I have understood everything correctly one of the rings you ordered is the pink amethyst - which I am thinking of ordering from her, too. But I couldn't find that ring in your wearing pics...? It looks stunning in her shop pic , I wonder if it looks like that in real life too.

loriken214|1294886640|2821270 said:

Loving the spider cut into it, didn't even know that was possible! Seems like possebilities are endless :twisted:

Hi Smoke!

I spend lots of time just looking around Etsy and have found some interesting things there. The spider amethyst was found on Customgemstones website and I'm sure they could cut one for you, too, if you asked.

As for the JKT key pendants, I have two and they vary in price. It depends upon how fancy the design is and how much time Julia spends on the piece. Contact her with your ideas and she'll let you know all about her process. The keys are amazing!

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!

Lori

smoke and diamonds

Rough_Rock
Hi Lori :))

Please post if you find any new shops. I browse the recommended sellers page religiously, but I love to find new shops.

I have looked on the Customgemstones site right after I saw your amethyst, but they don't have a section for gemstones with symbols cut into them on their website I guess or I just can't find it? I can't seem to find other non-esoteric designs on other websites, too, so cutting a design into the surface of stones seems to be rare, even on Etsy...?!
I have another jewelry idea in mind with a spider that is a bit... uhm...... let me see if I can find pics.

JKT isn't doing key pedants anymore as I have read on another forum. ;(

My problem at the moment is to not send custom requests on Etsy left and and right, so I am writing the sellers one by one. Kyleannemetals is the first one, I hope she gets back to me soon, I want to get two stackable rings from her!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Spiders and such are novelty cut which generally are slow to sell, making them hard to find. Litnon.com had several a while back. I wold contact them and ask.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Any new things to share??? I just got another spider gem and will be sending it to DanielM before long.

Lori

SPIDER QUARTZ 607CT3.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I've got a new ring coming from Onegarnetgirl. It is the blue, green and white gemstone version in the photo. I'm really excited!

Show me your new goodies, please and thank you!

Lori

Attachments

• Maddy Band Ring2.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,586
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results