Packy - that's such a sweet thing to put on your ring
5.gif

Jax, WHERE are those baby bezels???

I want to see!!!

11.gif
9.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lori and Yssie! I took a couple pics today. I''m so happy with it! It''s super thin so it doesn''t cover any of the scroll work in my ering at all.

100_089011.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s hard to see the words, and the spinel covers the ring from the top view, but *I* know the words are there, and it makes me smile to see them. Ha, you can see how it makes my finger poke out above the rings.

And actually, I''d requested 3mm width, but after it was made, the bottom of the *y* didn''t show, so they remade it wider at no extra charge. I think it''s close to 4mm now..kids took my ruler so I can''t check.

I''m super impressed w/DanielM and am looking forward to working w/them again soon!

100_08951.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE it, packrat!! It looks awesome with your gorgeous Ering!! And thanks for the comments about Daniel''s work, I''ve been emailing him for quotes to reset my two OECs for a while now, and his prices are amazing! His work looks great too, so I''m excited!
9.gif
Thanks for sharing!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2010 2:30:10 PM
Author: loriken214
Date: 5/23/2010 2:16:59 AM

Author: arjunajane

This is not jewellery related, but I recently discovered Necklush on etsy, I ordered two and could not be happier!!

I LOVE this product, they are so fun and versatile and it''s great to have something different..

It''s difficult to wear traditional - type scarves where I live, as even in the winter it still tends to get a bit warm / muggy for lots of layers and you end up just taking them off..

So seeing as these ''breathe'' better, they suit that issue perfectly.
5.gif

The guys that own the company, Troy and Stefano, were also so excellent to work with - super friendly, helpful and readily made up a custom order for me.

I can''t wait to order more
36.gif

Hi AJ....long time no talk to!
35.gif

Thank you for sharing these....they are awesome and I''m going to place an order, too!

Lori

You''re welcome Lori!
I know, I haven''t been in a thread with you recently, I''m sorry to read of your re-broken toe
39.gif

Did you end up ordering a Necklush?

I''ve been bad
11.gif
I love mine so much, I ordered two more - should be here ~week.
First is a blue I had the boys create custom for me, as I wasn''t loving the shades of blue they had. They nailed the colour
5.gif

blue lush 1.jpeg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
...and second is the "bumblebee" - yellow with black stripe pattern.
Can''t wait to get these!
I can attest they are super versatile and go with nearly everything.

bumblebee 1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I also thought I would include a link to my recent dress thread for consistency's sake, as on pg 2 I ended up finding a couple lovely etsy vendors for custom made dresses and separates..(thread)

Specifically, Ureshii

and CASTcouture

I purchased this tie-front dress from Cat at CAST, and have a feeling I will be buying a couple more of her designs
5.gif

khaki fall dress etsyaj.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
And last new fun etsy thing from me, promise!

For anyone that loves a good leather handbag like me, you must check outChic Leather - 100% handmade, real leather - lined handbags, laptop bags, totes etc for such decent prices.

I am seriously eying this tote for only $135..

I''ve convo''d with them, and they can also make any design or style you want custom - colour, finish, hardware etc, you name it..and they''re made in Paris - tre chic''! lol..

Okay, that''s it from me for now
9.gif

chic leather tote.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooh aj, I LOVE that dress, so stylish and chic!! I may just have to check out that store!
9.gif

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
aj, do you have any pics of those necklushes on? They look so cool!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 5:28:02 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Ooooooh aj, I LOVE that dress, so stylish and chic!! I may just have to check out that store!
9.gif

You should Andi - major plus, she is just over the pond in NZ too..And I though $60 for a handmade dress was pretty decent.
If I like the work and fit of this first dress, I plan to order a couple more in different styles/colours..
Love pockets on dresses!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 6:45:30 AM
Author: lizzyann01
aj, do you have any pics of those necklushes on? They look so cool!!!

Hey lizzyann, I don''t I''m sorry atm - I''m not a big one for posting pics of meself online (apart from my hands, ha ha)..but if you go to google images and look up necklush, there are literally pages of photos, including plenty of ''real people'' wearing them (from their blogs etc)..

So far, I''ve found I like to wear it with the simple "double loop" (one hanging lower than the other), or this knotted style (below)..
Other good ideas I am yet to try, is to pin a broach or, leather flower or other accessory onto it..
at first I thought it would be complicated, but its not at all - very intuitive and fun, promise!

Also, here is a video from them on the different ways to style/wear one:

instructional video

Sorry, I know I''m sounding a little schill-like, but they are my new favourite thing after all
2.gif

bumblebee 2.jpg

Supers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 7:17:07 AM

9.gif

You should Andi - major plus, she is just over the pond in NZ too..And I though $60 for a handmade dress was pretty decent.

If I like the work and fit of this first dress, I plan to order a couple more in different styles/colours..

Love pockets on dresses!

36.gif

I can second Cast Couture - I''ve bought one of her dresses and it''s great.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 1:58:02 AM
Author: Supers
Date: 6/19/2010 7:17:07 AM

9.gif

Love pockets on dresses!

36.gif

I can second Cast Couture - I''ve bought one of her dresses and it''s great.

oh cool supers -which style did you get?

Supers

Shiny_Rock
AJ - I just checked - it''s the Lily dress with flutter sleeves.

I''ve also had custom dresses and a top from Lirola. Although she is based in Israel, the items arrived really quickly and they are very well made.

The other store I''ve been eyeing off but have not bought from yet is Sandmaiden.

I love Etsy! :)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I posted my two OEC rings to DanielM today after seeing his lovely work on here, to be reset. I''m super duper excited!!
36.gif
36.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
loving the knecklush!

however, was unable to find out materials used? any ideas? synthetic? cotton? rayon?

and how does one clean these? careful handwash?

mz

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 4:34:35 AM

This is not jewellery related, but I recently discovered Necklush on etsy, I ordered two and could not be happier!!

I LOVE this product, they are so fun and versatile and it''s great to have something different..

It''s difficult to wear traditional - type scarves where I live, as even in the winter it still tends to get a bit warm / muggy for lots of layers and you end up just taking them off..

5.gif

The guys that own the company, Troy and Stefano, were also so excellent to work with - super friendly, helpful and readily made up a custom order for me.

36.gif

35.gif

Thank you for sharing these....they are awesome and I''m going to place an order, too!

Lori

You''re welcome Lori!
I know, I haven''t been in a thread with you recently, I''m sorry to read of your re-broken toe
39.gif

I''ve been bad
11.gif
First is a blue I had the boys create custom for me, as I wasn''t loving the shades of blue they had. They nailed the colour
5.gif
Hi AJ!
35.gif

I just made an appointment to see about my foot...it is horribly painful. There is a stress fracture on top of my foot that is hurting, too.
39.gif

Not yet, but I hope to purchase a Necklush soon....they are really neat looking!

Love your colors!!!
36.gif

Lori

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2010 5:54:25 AM
Well I posted my two OEC rings to DanielM today after seeing his lovely work on here, to be reset. I'm super duper excited!!
36.gif
36.gif

Can't wait to see!! That auction OEC you posted earlier this month was amazingly gorgeous
30.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here is my latest Etsy purchase. It is from JanishJewels and Jill is modeling the ring in the photo. It is a rainbow moonstone man in the moon set in sterling silver with an 18k yellow gold bezel.
30.gif

I love it!!!! Jill is awesome to work with, too...
36.gif

Lori

RAINBOW MAN IN THE MOON RING.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2010 12:40:46 PM
Author: movie zombie
loving the knecklush!

however, was unable to find out materials used? any ideas? synthetic? cotton? rayon?

and how does one clean these? careful handwash?

mz

Hi MZ!
I am 99% sure they are cotton - I am guessing cotton/elastane as the strands have a bit of stretch to them. They also offer an organic one, so I inferred organic cotton..

As far as care/cleaning - imho, unless you spilled something on it or went to a really smokey/smelly club etc, they don''t seem to need washing..

I just follow the instructions by stretching out the strands evenly and hanging neatly over a hanger to air out after wearing...
I would think your instinct of gentle handwash in mild soap would be the way to go -
however, those are both good questions..
I encourage you to email Troy & Stephano, they are super friendly and eager to help
5.gif

Did you watch the youtube video? I just checked and my packaging says there are care instructions in that vid..
hth
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 7:27:05 AM
Author: Supers
AJ - I just checked - it''s the Lily dress with flutter sleeves.

I''ve also had custom dresses and a top from Lirola. Although she is based in Israel, the items arrived really quickly and they are very well made.

The other store I''ve been eyeing off but have not bought from yet is Sandmaiden.

I love Etsy! :)

Thanks Supers! I have been eyeing off both those stores too, ha ha
5.gif

My dress from CAST came this week and I love it! The cut is super flattering, and it is very well constructed and finished - very professional. I am super happy and can''t wait to order another style from her
36.gif

The size I ordered does seem to be a tad big in some areas, so how excellent is Catherine - she offered to send me the next size down free of charge to figure out what works best, and than I just send her back the one I don''t want to keep. What a sweetheart! She even offered to cover my return shipping, but I think I will at least pay that
5.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, i watched the video.......
and then i explored websites more and, yes, they are cotton...some even organic cotton! but i didn''t find care instructions. i''ll contact them: i appreciate knowing they''re available for this type of thing.

the video also did not show how to put it into the configuration that is in the picture you posted....which, of course, is the configuration i like best. i''ll ask them about that also.

mz

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2010 2:25:03 PM

and then i explored websites more and, yes, they are cotton...some even organic cotton! but i didn''t find care instructions. i''ll contact them: i appreciate knowing they''re available for this type of thing.

the video also did not show how to put it into the configuration that is in the picture you posted....which, of course, is the configuration i like best. i''ll ask them about that also.

mz

Hey MZ,
glad to hear you found some more info -
ha ha, that knot configuration you are referring to was the first thing I asked them how to do as well! I did let them know a second styling video would be great, they said they are working on it..
Its actually really easy, trust me...

You put it over your head in the one big loop to start with, then just twist the bottom section of it twice, then a new loop (hole) will be created which you bring up and slip over your head..
The twists will form the "knotted" appearance, which you then just move around to the side or where ever you would like it to sit..
does that make sense?

I know it sounds hard to visualize, but as soon as you try it you''ll get it, promise
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2010 1:10:16 PM
Date: 6/19/2010 4:34:35 AM

5.gif

36.gif

35.gif

Lori

You''re welcome Lori!

39.gif

I''ve been bad
11.gif

5.gif

Hi AJ!
35.gif

I just made an appointment to see about my foot...it is horribly painful. There is a stress fracture on top of my foot that is hurting, too.
39.gif

Not yet, but I hope to purchase a Necklush soon....they are really neat looking!

Love your colors!!!
36.gif

Lori

oohh..ouch, sounds painful Lori
40.gif
I hope your appointment goes / went well.

Cheers on the colours - hopefully I will receive them this week
5.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2010 2:18:32 AM

Date: 6/27/2010 2:25:03 PM

mz

Hey MZ,
glad to hear you found some more info -
ha ha, that knot configuration you are referring to was the first thing I asked them how to do as well! I did let them know a second styling video would be great, they said they are working on it..
Its actually really easy, trust me...

You put it over your head in the one big loop to start with, then just twist the bottom section of it twice, then a new loop (hole) will be created which you bring up and slip over your head..
The twists will form the ''knotted'' appearance, which you then just move around to the side or where ever you would like it to sit..
does that make sense?

I know it sounds hard to visualize, but as soon as you try it you''ll get it, promise
5.gif
thanks for the instructions: had to read it twice for it to make sense! so its not a real "knot" just the illusion created by the twist.

mz

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey MZ,

ha, yes I know - when I read the instructions from the guys I was like ?huh?..
but exactly, it is not a real knot, more of a twist..

It makes perfect sense when it''s in front of you.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my wax pics from Patrick Irla!

Comments/suggestions/thoughts welcome as I haven't given the final OK yet.

file.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I missed your plans MTG - that looks fabulous!!

I have no idea how to go back through your posts on this new layout.. what metal are you using?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's going to look smashing MTG! Are you using the little blues in it too or no?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results