shape
carat
color
clarity

More details and inquiries

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jasper11

Rough_Rock
Hi
Well, it looks like our budget is rather small for a ring.
I''m not too thrilled, but I''m not the one having to worry about how to afford it.
I looked at http://www.primestyle.com/index.php - of course I found some less than complimentary things on PS about them.

Anytime I try to look up a ring for $1,200 all I get are rings without the center stone. That''d sure look funny - a nice ring with the center missing from my finger.
19.gif

So, besides all the things I''ve already looked up - now it''s price that is playing the major factor. I haven''t thought much about trading up, afterall - the diamond you start with is special, yada yada.

Suggestions?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock

Okay, so your total budget is $1200, right?

If so, then here are a couple suggestions for stones (I included different colors since I don''t know your preference):

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-122943.htm ($1037 with PS discount, J SI1, .52ct)

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-116806.htm ($1078 with PS discount, F SI1, .472ct)

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-7534.htm ($964 with PS discount, E SI2, .461ct)

As for a setting, you can do a plan solitaire from WF for around $210, or maybe you can get it set locally for less.

And with WF, you will technically get the upgrade policy, so if you ever decide to upgrade, you could trade it in
1.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Personally, the J is my fave
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Would you be interested in a diamond wedding band rather than an engagement ring? You could go with a nice five-stone ring.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2007 4:10:46 PM
Author:jasper11
Hi
Well, it looks like our budget is rather small for a ring.
I''m not too thrilled, but I''m not the one having to worry about how to afford it.
I looked at http://www.primestyle.com/index.php - of course I found some less than complimentary things on PS about them.

Anytime I try to look up a ring for $1,200 all I get are rings without the center stone. That''d sure look funny - a nice ring with the center missing from my finger.
19.gif

So, besides all the things I''ve already looked up - now it''s price that is playing the major factor. I haven''t thought much about trading up, afterall - the diamond you start with is special, yada yada.

Suggestions?
When we got married it would have been a stretch to afford a $500 ring and so I elected to defer telling him, "I''ll wait until we can afford it" and I waited 15 years but I''m making up for lost time! haha Looking back I wish I''d gotten something - even a $100 ring because it doesn''t matter.... and yeah it is special and I wouldn''t want to trade up on THE diamond so all the better reason to get a tiny thing that you can keep forever and love for the symbolism and hold out for something you can get that you love for the style.

That said - 1200 bucks isn''t 100 bucks so you have way more room.... get a half carat in a simple setting - what the heck is wrong with half carat stones? They''re really good for a first stone out in the *real* world!!

E B

Ideal_Rock

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2007 4:45:59 PM
Author: EBree
This is a *bit* over $1200, but a very cool antique-style ring from the 1930s:

1930s Antique-Style Ring $1375
I love it!! that''s the kind of ring you can keep even if you get another one later because it makes a good rhr as well or if it gets small it''d make a good pinkie ring too! that''s just a great all around ring!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

jasper11

Rough_Rock
Wow - let me first say thanks!!
I really loved looking at all the suggestions:
I do like a vintage look, and the band by Beverly K band by Topazery is really nice!
I loved the one with the rose gold band, too - but an looking at white gold in color.
I don''t care for a sapphire center, but wouldn''t be opposed to a ruby.
Thanks so much for the help!
The Tiffany is nice but would rather up the carat wt than go for the name (even though Tiff is hard to pass by!).

You see - my ''first'' wedding set the diamond was nice, a .25 c so a half would be - well, twice as nice? hee
19.gif

I also had no say in that ring set and frankly, wasn''t my fav.

Oh, and yes, I''ve considered the band as being more elaborate, and when I''m thru with school (ok, so I''m an older student..haha) I could buy myself whatever kind of ring I like for my right hand. Yay.

Any info about primestyle.com?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results