carat
color
clarity

More ACA’s – Earrings and Eternity Ring

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1327883047|3114501 said:
Fancydiamond, I don't remember anyone ever mentioning that BGD's earring jackets needed a disc to prevent drooping. Did you read that somewhere? It would be good to know because i would like to get a pair of jackets to fit several pair of studs I own. The other differences you mentioned wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but the drooping issue would. Please fill me in on what you learned in your research!

I can see now in comparing both photos how much lighter the Whiteflash jackets look compared to BGD's, and that the size of the disc in the bottom is much flatter. I love the 2 pt. melee. I like a bit of an airline with a jacket because it gives a little more ear coverage. I don't like it as much in a ring. They look wonderful.

It has been a while since I did the research on PS about drooping problem. With a quick search, I am able locate HooCares' thread about her hearts jackets. Here is the link to her thread.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hearts-jackets-from-brian-gavin-diamonds.163345/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hearts-jackets-from-brian-gavin-diamonds.163345/[/URL]

This is what she wrote.
"One thing I have noticed about my studs with the jackets after trying them on a few times (I'm not actually allowed to wear them out until my birthday in a few weeks!) is that I have to wear the backs close to my ears in order to prevent a slight sagging. This happens only with the diamonds, not the pearls due to the added weight. I'm not sure if wearing the jackets so tight will eventually hurt my ears. Any suggestions? I used to have backs with a clear disk around them, and I wondered if I could find some of of those and see if they would help by adding more support."

I guess the amount of drooping depends on the size of your center stone as well. Makes sense, because larger studs require larger (hence heavier) jackets. HooCares' diamonds are about 0.6ct each. Mine are a little larger, so I expect drooping to be a problem with my jackets. I also posted a question in another jewelry forum about jacket height and sagging. Turns out that lots of ladies wear plastic discs in the back to prevent drooping. One lady who answered my question happens to wear 1ct size studs (=2ctw total for the pair). Her jackets do not have any problems. Turns out that the height is merely 4mm (but her diamonds stick out of the jackets by a lot, which is not what I like). Mine were originally over 5mm, but Joseph reduced it down to 4.3mm by means of a few tricks. One is to have the jacket base ring inside. The other is to move the halo down a bit but still keep the same amount of center diamond protrusion. I think Joseph did a good job with the latter as well. As you can see from the sideview photo, the height of the center above the jacket is perfect, not too low and not too high.

In two weeks, I shall be receiving another beauty from Whiteflash, 3ctw+ huggies with ten 30pt+ ACA's (All F color but 1 G, exhausted the WF ACA inventory for this size diamonds at the time). Its diameter is only 1-2 mm larger than that for their 2ctw huggies. The design is very pretty. I am very excited and can't wait to see them in person.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty pieces. I've never seen jackets like that!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fancy, what an incredible collection you have! Your new studs and eternity are beautiful, I confess that the jackets steal the show for me though. I love the way they look, and I love how much thought went into making them fit as perfectly on the ears as possible. Those are exactly the concerns that I imagine anyone considering jackets would want addressed - I hope WF does decide to make them a stock item.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your reply Fancy. After I posted that I went looking and found the thread that you posted. I somehow missed that in reading that thread. I am waiting for Whiteflash to make those a stock offering as well. Thanks for putting in all the effort to conquer the problems, I would not have thought to ask that question.

My studs are .42 and .46 for now. I would love to have jackets but I also know, these are not my last studs! I would want them with an airline so I could upgrade to a carat each. That would be a great size for me.

You have some gorgeous pieces and I am so looking forward to seeing those killer hoops. They will be awesome!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just can't contain my excitement. Whiteflash just sent me photos of my huggies. They look GORGEOUS!!!! :love:

Don't want to raise my expectation. Hope everything turns out. It will be a few days before I can see them in person.

For now, just share photos. First, the CAD photo.

Trellis Huggies 1.jpg

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
3.155ctw huggies by Whiteflash (9 F's 1 G's AGS ideal diamonds)

Trellis Huggies 3.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: WOW :love: :love:

They are AWESOME!!! Gorgeous setting - I've never seen trellis on huggies :appl: :appl: :appl:
You must be so excited! Please post lots more photos once they arrive - especially some ear shots!!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Enerchi. Definitely, I shall post more photos after I receive them. In the meantime, more photos from Whiteflash.

Trellis Huggies 5.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, I LOVE the trellis huggies. Next thing on my list for sure.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
perfection! I had to come back and sneak a peak before I end my day---- they are gorgeous FD! Enjoy them - I'm envious!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another amaaaaaaazing purchase!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! I really like the metalwork on the front of the backs, it's a great touch - it'll glitter like inside-out huggies :love:

Can't wait to hear what you think (and get some perspective shots!!) :sun:

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1328725533|3121792 said:
Gorgeous!! I really like the metalwork on the front of the backs, it's a great touch - it'll glitter like inside-out huggies :love:

Can't wait to hear what you think (and get some perspective shots!!) :sun:
Great point, Yssie. Never knew about the benefit of the pattern being one that would add more bling. Indeed, it does, but not as much as real diamonds though.

Got them yesterday. Just finished taking photos. Resizing the photos took a lot of time. Let me upload a few photos for now. Will be back later for more photos and comments.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YIPPEE Fancydiamond! how do you like them IRL? Are they just as AMAZINGLY AWESOME in person as they are in the photo??? Can't wait to see them on!!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
3.155ctw AGS Ideal ACA diamond huggies by Whiteflash (9F's and 1G).

huggies 1.JPG

huggies 2.JPG

huggies 3.JPG

huggies 5.JPG

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1328914687|3123557 said:
YIPPEE Fancydiamond! how do you like them IRL? Are they just as AMAZINGLY AWESOME in person as they are in the photo??? Can't wait to see them on!!
They are awesome! The sparkles are like millions of little guys waving at me and begging me to take them home. The diamonds speak to me. No, more like shout out to me. The pattern in the backside makes the huggies very, very pretty.

Got to go now. Will be back for more.

huggies 6.JPG

huggies 7.JPG

huggies 8.JPG

huggies 9.JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
FancyDiamond said:
The sparkles are like millions of little guys waving at me and begging me to take them home. The diamonds speak to me. No, more like shout out to me.

I love it when millions of little guys wave at me, begging to take them home! :lol: :lol: :lol:

They are SPECTACULAR!!!! You are very fortunate to be the lucky owner of these beautiful new babies!!! Enjoy and you deserve them - you work hard, you need to reward yourself with a treat! I think 2011/2012 was a pretty sweet year for you "bling-wise" :appl:

Looking forward to your ear shots!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1328915794|3123588 said:
FancyDiamond said:
The sparkles are like millions of little guys waving at me and begging me to take them home. The diamonds speak to me. No, more like shout out to me.

I love it when millions of little guys wave at me, begging to take them home! :lol: :lol: :lol:

They are SPECTACULAR!!!! You are very fortunate to be the lucky owner of these beautiful new babies!!! Enjoy and you deserve them - you work hard, you need to reward yourself with a treat! I think 2011/2012 was a pretty sweet year for you "bling-wise" :appl:

Looking forward to your ear shots!
Yes, I wish they were BIG guys.

Thanks. I think I deserve these treats too. My husband agrees, especially what I went through for him (away from home for 6 months and all). Indeed, last year was a pretty sweet year for me, in all aspects.

Now, move on with more photos.

huggies 15.JPG

huggies 16.JPG

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A little history -
Initially, my friend was considering buying 2ctw huggies from another PS vendor. She was looking for everyday wear. The price was amazingly affordable. I was tempted, but decided against the purchase. I prefer ACA diamonds. When I inquired Whiteflash about the 2 ctw huggies, the diamond prices were at their peak. The price difference was so significant that it did not make sense as a jewelry piece for daily wear. Yet, I love the look of huggies. So I thought I might as well pay a little more to get even larger size and certified ACA diamonds. My justification was that this would be my ONLY pair of huggies. Now that I have seen my 3ctw+ huggies in person, I am glad I made the right decision.

When I was searching WF inventory for ACA diamonds about 30-pt size, I felt like I was shopping for 5-stone rings all over AGAIN. Yet, this time, I had to find ten (not five) matching diamonds. I ended up exhausting WF's inventory at the time.

When Joseph first asked me how I woud like my huggies to be, I gave him my wish list as follows:

1. diameter as small as possible (The 2ctw huggies have a diameter of about 0.75 inch (=19mm). I told Joseph that I was hoping for something no more than 20-22mm if possible. I do not want the huggies so large that they end up looking like hoops instead.)

2. light weight (I worried that the larger diamonds and the extra metal needed to maintain proper huggies proportion would add a lot more weight.)

3. latch/closure design same as the one that he designed for another PSer (I complained to him about the latch design of the 2ctw huggies from the other vendor. In this non-WF design, the slot that accepts the post is very wide and has no stopper. Without a proper "guide", the post gets bent easily and shape of huggies gets deformed after mutliple uses. Later, I shall attach photos of the two latch designs to show you what I mean.)

4. ( request later added) - I told Joseph that I would love Trellis baskets for holding the diamonds.

What Joseph delivered was everything I wished for, and in some cases, exceeded my expectation. Let me show you what I mean one item at a time.

First, the size/diameter. This is where I was happily surprised. The diameter turns out to be 18.5mm, about 0.75 inch, which is the same size as the 2ctw huggies! The diameter of the huggie,s measured from metal rim to metal rim, is less than that of a nickle.

huggies 10.JPG

huggies 11.JPG

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
To address the weight requirement, Joseph suggested adding a pretty pattern design in the backside. He also did a few tricks to minimize the size of the huggies, thereby shedding some more weights. The huggies are relatively light weight. I do feel them more so than my jacketed studs. My jacketed studs are so light that I forget I have them on. The huggies, on the other hand, do have some weight, but they are acceptably light. My friend who got the 2 ctw huggies did complain about the weight of her huggies. I think Joseph nailed it in terms of size and weight.

As for Joseph's latch design, it is amazingly functional and SOLID. It helps putting on/taking off huggies easily without creating bent/deformation. Here are some photos to show you what I mean.

In summary, I am very, very happy about my huggies. They are beautiful and functional. I feel proud wearing them.

huggies 12.JPG

huggies 13.JPG

huggies 14.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! All your jewelry is simply gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love:
I love all the thought and care you put into this process and it all looks amazing on you!!
Great job!! :appl:

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is a photo of the non-WF latch design.

non-WF latch design.JPG

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
missy|1328926869|3123733 said:
Oh my! All your jewelry is simply gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love:
I love all the thought and care you put into this process and it all looks amazing on you!!
Great job!! :appl:

Thanks. I care about the funtional part of jewlery as well. Before I consider buying a new piece of jewelry (or anything), I like to do research to minimize mistakes/regrets. PS has tons of great information, thanks to all contributors. I want to do my part, and hope that my experience can help others as well.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FD, I just can't stop coming back to this thread. All of your pieces are so meticulously researched and amazingly executed. You put so much thought into every item and the end results are all spectacular. I can't thank you enough for your help regarding the 2 pointer jackets (I have been in contact with WF and plan to have some made for my birthday!). Enjoy your phenomenal collection!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! I think you should have posted those huggies on a new thread! I didn't realize they were here until I read about them on another thread! They are really beautiful!!! :love: I am looking at WF huggies, too, but probably one of the smaller diamond weights.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
fancydiamond I love every piece in your fabulous collection ! wear them in good health .

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DandiAndi|1328949752|3123896 said:
FD, I just can't stop coming back to this thread. All of your pieces are so meticulously researched and amazingly executed. You put so much thought into every item and the end results are all spectacular. I can't thank you enough for your help regarding the 2 pointer jackets (I have been in contact with WF and plan to have some made for my birthday!). Enjoy your phenomenal collection!!
DandiAndi, I am happy to hear. Don't forget to show us photos of your WF hearts jacket.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
jeweln|1329347501|3126987 said:
fancydiamond I love every piece in your fabulous collection ! wear them in good health .
Thank you very kindly.

I am plotting another piece. Please check my other thread in Rocky Talky and help me choose the right diamond(s).

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ear-shots

h1.jpg

h2_-1.jpg

h3.jpg

h4.jpg

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The diamonds do not look very big, and the huggies are good to wear in all occasions, in jeans or fancy dresses.

h5.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results