shape
carat
color
clarity

money clips

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cash cow

Rough_Rock
other than gold and silver, are there any other types of money clips made of what you''d consider as precious metals?... specifically, a stronger and more reliable one?...

gold and silver are too soft, especially those with higher fineness... so i''m looking for stronger metal but is still precious....

thanks...

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Gold seems like the best bet for a strong money clip. If you're worried about gold being too soft use 14k rather than higher karat gold.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Not too many other options either - platinum and palladium don''t have "memory", so they have little springiness, except for special alloys such as those used for tension settings. Do you want to spend several ''000s in a custom-made Kretchmer money clip?
31.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 3:10:56 AM
Author:cash cow
other than gold and silver, are there any other types of money clips made of what you''d consider as precious metals?... specifically, a stronger and more reliable one?...

gold and silver are too soft, especially those with higher fineness... so i''m looking for stronger metal but is still precious....

thanks...
I would look for stainless steel clip with precious metal inlay or attatchments.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results