shape
carat
color
clarity

money clips

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cash cow

Rough_Rock
other than gold and silver, are there any other types of money clips made of what you''d consider as precious metals?... specifically, a stronger and more reliable one?...

gold and silver are too soft, especially those with higher fineness... so i''m looking for stronger metal but is still precious....

thanks...

Gold seems like the best bet for a strong money clip. If you're worried about gold being too soft use 14k rather than higher karat gold.

Not too many other options either - platinum and palladium don''t have "memory", so they have little springiness, except for special alloys such as those used for tension settings. Do you want to spend several ''000s in a custom-made Kretchmer money clip?
31.gif

Date: 3/9/2009 3:10:56 AM
Author:cash cow
other than gold and silver, are there any other types of money clips made of what you''d consider as precious metals?... specifically, a stronger and more reliable one?...

gold and silver are too soft, especially those with higher fineness... so i''m looking for stronger metal but is still precious....

thanks...
I would look for stainless steel clip with precious metal inlay or attatchments.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP