carat
color
clarity

Mom2boys and Diamondseeker's Excellent Adventure 6-2013

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1371319827|3466528 said:
I did make one small purchase after M2b left which was a handmade pendant by a local person to take back to my daughter who is an artist and loves to draw clocks and things with gears!

What a unique find! I hope your daughter loves wearing it--you may have a future engineer on your hands there, DS!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun adventure and day. Beautiful jewels.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What a marvelous trip! The display full of colored stones looks mesmorizing. Thank you so much for sharing your trip!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun day! Hmmm, I'm headed to N. Ga next month. I know they do some mining up there...I'll have to send the kids and hubby
to see what they can dig up!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon! Those rings are gorgeous :love: I love the 4ct J asscher! Thanks for taking pics for all of us in PS world.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We did have a great time! I am glad you all like the bling pics! I have been in all these shops before alone, but when you are with someone else, it just makes you more brave to ask to try things on and take pictures! I had 1000 times more fun going with m2b!!! And it was the same shopping with PS friends in Las Vegas the weekend before!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1371343561|3466713 said:
We did have a great time! I am glad you all like the bling pics! I have been in all these shops before alone, but when you are with someone else, it just makes you more brave to ask to try things on and take pictures! I had 1000 times more fun going with m2b!!! And it was the same shopping with PS friends in Las Vegas the weekend before!

I really have to do this with another PSer! I used to love to go to jewelry stores with my best friend before she had spinal surgery two months ago that put her temporarily out of commission. We had the same sort of fun that the two of you did when we found a great jewelry store and settled in for a few hours there! (One of our haunts was Grunberger's, ds!) I would love to travel around a bit more and see other PSers in other places, though!

I am glad you two had so much fun!

Deb
:saint:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Great stuff, thanks for sharing!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a fun day! Diamond shopping x 2 is the best! Thanks for sharing your pictures with us!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like you two had such a fun day!!! DS, I love all the things you posted. So many gorgeous pieces within just a few stores. Amazing. How fun! I would love to do that! I love the sapphires, both pink and blue, and the ruby and diamond band. I am in the market for the band and that is just the style I am looking for. I need a size 7 though, but I loved it. What did your daughter think of the steampunk piece?

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't know I wanted an oval peach diamond-thanks a lot! :-o

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Adventure is right. I love the pic of your diamond with the two bands.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, everyone! I wish I had a jewelry loving friend locally but I do not. So these kinds of get-togethers are extremely fun for me! I will say that the back-to-back weekends of Las Vegas and this trip were the most fun I have had in awhile! So I am going to try to do this a couple of times a year, at least, since Mom2boys and Yenny are not too far away and then there are others such as SB and PinkJewel that live a few hours in the opposite direction. JewelFreak is even closer and we have gotten together with a group before, but a couple of people have moved so we haven't done it in awhile.

Deb...oh, I'd love to go to Grunberger's!

luv2sparkle...she really loved the pendant!!! I don't think I could have chosen anything that she would have liked more (at this price point, that is)! I need to get a chain or cord so she can wear it, though.

Backwards...yeah, the peach diamond was pretty amazing at that size!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1371423173|3467029 said:
Thanks, everyone! I wish I had a jewelry loving friend locally but I do not. So these kinds of get-togethers are extremely fun for me! I will say that the back-to-back weekends of Las Vegas and this trip were the most fun I have had in awhile! So I am going to try to do this a couple of times a year, at least, since Mom2boys and Yenny are not too far away and then there are others such as SB and PinkJewel that live a few hours in the opposite direction. JewelFreak is even closer and we have gotten together with a group before, but a couple of people have moved so we haven't done it in awhile.

luv2sparkle...she really loved the pendant!!! I don't think I could have chosen anything that she would have liked more (at this price point, that is)! I need to get a chain or cord so she can wear it, though.

Please, ds, next time you come to New York, let me know!!! I am living in very crowded conditions in the house I grew up in or I would offer you a bed in "my" house. Instead I suggest we both get rooms at the Hyatt in Old Greenwich, which is half a mile from where I live (or-even better-that we share a room there). (That's where I had my baby shower when I adopted my daughter. It is a beautiful hotel!) We can get to Grunberger's in 20 minutes even in bad traffic from there. It is 5 minutes from the train station to New York City and, although I will be driving you to and from the train station, the hotel (of course) also has a free shuttle to the station as well as not-free shuttles to all three New York City airports (Newark, LaGuardia, and JFK). Great bar with a huge atrium full of trees. Wonderful restaurants in Greenwich, Stamford, and Westport! Let me entertain you. Maybe we could even build a get together around your visit, although I want some alone time with you!!!

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1371424541|3467037 said:
diamondseeker2006|1371423173|3467029 said:

Please, ds, next time you come to New York, let me know!!! I am living in very crowded conditions in the house I grew up in or I would offer you a bed in "my" house. Instead I suggest we both get rooms at the Hyatt in Old Greenwich, which is half a mile from where I live (or-even better-that we share a room there). (That's where I had my baby shower when I adopted my daughter. It is a beautiful hotel!) We can get to Grunberger's in 20 minutes even in bad traffic from there. It is 5 minutes from the train station to New York City and, although I will be driving you to and from the train station, the hotel (of course) also has a free shuttle to the station as well as not-free shuttles to all three New York City airports (Newark, LaGuardia, and JFK). Great bar with a huge atrium full of trees. Wonderful restaurants in Greenwich, Stamford, and Westport! Let me entertain you. Maybe we could even build a get together around your visit, although I want some alone time with you!!!

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

Oh, Deb, now that just sounds wonderful!!! I have already been talking about coming to NYC next year! I am sure I could handle the shuttle better than the trains! I can get to NYC, but I have never dealt with a train station, so anywhere a shuttle will take me, I am probably better off! :lol: I have to make a side trip to Long Island to visit GOG, too, and have to figure out how to get there! I will really make this a goal for 2014 because I know I can't go to Las Vegas. Plus, I love visiting new places and friends!!! :appl: (and it is a MUCH shorter flight, which is a bonus!!!)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An excellent adventure indeed!! ::) That peachy oval, oh my goodness... that is my FAVOURITE colour for a gemstone!!

This thread is making me want to try to organize a GTG up here! I don't know any jewellery enthusiasts in my day-to-day world either, so PSer GTGs are extraordinarily gratifying :bigsmile: Mom2boys your trinkets from your sons are treasures ::) What will you do with them? And DS, do you have any pics of the pendant you chose?

I want to make a trip out to GOG too! I was so disappointed to have missed Cygnet's visit earlier this month... but it's too far to do without planning (though I'm much closer than you are!) and at the rate I'm going I'll be joining you in 2014 8)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
backwardsandinheels|1371409234|3466966 said:
I didn't know I wanted an oval peach diamond-thanks a lot! :-o

:lol: That ring is gorgeous!!! So many beautiful pieces, all such a joy to see - thanks for taking us along on your window shopping trip DS!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS and m2b, thank you so much for posting all of these yummy "sparklies" -- I keep going back to the MONSTER... how could anyone like that???
:lol: :lol: :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad you all enjoyed the pics! Yes, the Monster was quite a contrast to the otherwise magnificent pieces that we saw! That woman clearly was not a PSer! :lol:

Yssie, I had a terrible time choosing, but I chose the one on the far upper right. It is a fairly simple one. My daughter is out this evening, so I wouldn't attempt to try and find where she put it! So that is why I can't take a picture at the moment!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Bling shopping??? - I'm jealous! And that peach baby has my name on it. :)
thanks for the pictures. I know you 2 had a blast.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bebe|1371525548|3467808 said:
Bling shopping??? - I'm jealous! And that peach baby has my name on it. :)
thanks for the pictures. I know you 2 had a blast.

Wish you could have been there! I'll tell them to hold the peach diamond and everyone can fight over it! :lol: It was a beauty!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for taking so many pics! I like the emerald with the rose-cut sides the best.

I also think that the clock pendant you bought your daughter is lovely. I'd wear one on a very long chain with a velvet jacket or velvet long sweeping coat, for an eccentric Harry Potteresque look.

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
What a neat adventure! Thank you for bringing the "rest of PS" along! I love the relationships that are developing from this forum the most though! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smith..that emerald was a gorgeous ring!!!

Classy....It is really wonderful to meet other PSers in person! Our common hobby gives us much to enjoy together!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results