shape
carat
color
clarity

Mom2boys and Diamondseeker's Excellent Adventure 6-2013

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mom2boys and I met last weekend in an upscale mountain resort town in the southeast and had a wonderful day of jewelry browsing!!! There are several estate jewelers with new and pre-loved high end items. We saw a lot of tempting things, but as we are both in the process of other projects, this was a looking trip only! But as the saying goes..."We'll be back!!!!!". And I actually am going back for a week in July as my in-laws have a cabin there, so I'll definitely be back to visit these stores and may add some pics to the thread because store #4 sadly was just getting ready to reopen after spending the winter in FL, I think, and I know they had some antique rings last summer when I was there!

I am not naming the stores here, but if you really think you seriously want to buy one of these items, you can contact me off the list via a LoupeTroop listing.

First stop was a little shop with mostly estate/preloved pieces. They had a lot of nice yellow gold pieces, but as mom2boys and I both are more into platinum and white metals, we did not take pictures of the gold. This shop just happened to have 2 Beaudry rings!!! I had two of mine with me to show m2b, so I was able to compare them.

First is a gorgeous and well cut, 3 ct yellow radiant in the most beautiful Beaudry setting! I don't think we got any pictures of the gallery, but it was beautiful and so much more intricate and interesting than the typical halo setting. I only wish this stone was just under 3 cts to lower the price for me because I would seriously be interested in it! Asking price was about $49k.

3_img_2886_-_version_2.jpg

4_img_2889.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next is a 5 ct pink sapphire that was the most beautiful color! The cut was not bad but of course could be tweaked. Needs a new setting but nice at around $12k. Sorry that the first pic is blurry but it shows the color the best.

1_2013-06-08_10.jpg

1b_2013-06-08_10.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last was one I would have snapped up had I not already had too many little Beaudry right hand rings! The center EC diamond was said to be G VS1 and I believe it because it was whiter than my GIA H asscher. The killer is that it is only .78 cts but looks bigger than my 1 ct asscher! This is a bargain ring for someone who wants an excellent platinum setting with a diamond that appears larger with the halo. It was in the upper $4k range, and the setting would have retailed for more than that alone! Looked like new, too!

This pic has my two on top and the one for sale on the bottom. The ring is probably close to a 6.5 which is a little loose on my right hand but can be sized.

2_2013-06-08_11.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving the picture gallery thus far! Feel like we're there all over again!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last pic is of a solitaire bangle that m2b tried on. This store owner was very nice and was great about letting us try on things and take pictures!

mom2boys...it was SO much fun! Can't wait to do it again!

(I have several more posts to go to cover two more stores, for those watching!)

4b.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The next store had a huge amount of jewelry, but because they had other customers, they weren't as generous with their time with us and we were only able to ask for them to take out a few things. We mainly looked at bands but there were a couple of great colored stone rings, too.

Here are some of the bands, all white gold, all around size 6 or so, and averaged around the $700 range. Oh, but the pair of matching bands is platinum and I didn't write down the price but it may have been $2500 for the pair. I am sad but I think my lower finger is too short for a third ring. ;( Oh, well, I will just have to have mutiple bands to alternate instead!

5_img_2901.jpg

7_img_2935.jpg

6_img_2915.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now the store #2 colored stone rings. First is a platinum deco style setting with oval 4 ct sapphire in a beautiful medium color around $13k.
Next is a cushion cut 4 ct sapphire with side trillions. This one was a rich royal blue and not really too dark in person. I am just not a trillion fan for side stones and would have to reset this one ($20k). Last is a huge emerald with rose cut sides! Gorgeous and I did not get the price on this beauty, unfortunately. I am still thinking about the sapphires so I may not reveal my source until after I go back to see them again! ;))

8_img_2920.jpg

10_img_2930.jpg

9_img_2937.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last set of posts will be what I would say was our favorite store. It had some extremely nice pieces and we were helped by a very nice lady! First are a couple of shots of what we saw in one of the cases.

11_img_3023_-_2.jpg

12_img_3026_-_2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that you've had a sneak peek, I'll show you more of that peach colored oval diamond at 4 cts and $125k asking price. :lickout: The first pic shows how I saw the color the most. The lighting in these stores complicates how the color turns out, I think.

14_img_2951.jpg

15_img_2955_-_version_2.jpg

16_img_2959_-_version_2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next is a what they were calling a square emerald (but we call an asscher that was slightly rectangular) at over 6.3 cts., GIA J VS1. (I need to check with m2b because I was thinking this one was less, but I have $150k written down beside it.) It was not as tinted as it looks in the second pic. The GREAT thing was that m2b and I determined that we could definitely handle a J color for a RHR especially with white side stones or a halo!! It was beautiful!

13_img_2941_-_2.jpg

13b_img_3002.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next is a 4.5 ct, J VS2 cushion in a halo which was gorgeous! ($80k)

Then there was a sweet little pink diamond ring and I didn't write down the price but think it was around $20k. I think it shows a nice way to set a small colored diamond.

17_img_2993.jpg

18_img_3006.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS--I think that large EC was around that price, the smaller 3 stone EC that they were bringing in was closer to $100K I think!

I was very surprised myself that we were liking J colored stones IRL! :cheeky:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, this one is absolute proof that a lot of money does not necessarily equal good taste, and I'll leave it at that. I didn't even ask for the specs or price! :lol: This one will be forever known as "the Monster". :errrr:

19_img_2945.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1371310022|3466454 said:
DS--I think that large EC was around that price, the smaller 3 stone EC that they were bringing in was closer to $100K I think!

I was very surprised myself that we were liking J colored stones IRL! :cheeky:

Yes, lucky that we can save money on RHR diamonds! :bigsmile: You are right. My problem was that I was having so much fun in that store that I did not write complete notes. I wrote weight, color and clarity and didn't write the shape of all the diamonds! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next are some beautiful diamond bracelets in the 6+ ct range.

21_img_2972_-_version_2.jpg

20_img_2967.jpg

20b_img_2961.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were having so much fun, we almost forgot to eat lunch! Must make a mental note next time to bring some snacks b/c bling shopping/oogling is time consuming!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Window shopping done right! That little pink diamond is so sweet.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a couple more shots in the cases and one of us with our mime faces! :bigsmile:

And yes, our leisurely lunch in a nice restaurant was vastly changed to a quick one!!! :lol:

And this is the END of our little adventure!!! Thanks to m2b for taking most of the pictures!!!

22_img_2978_-_version_2.jpg

23_a_img_3021_-_2.jpg

24_img_3015b.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

What an awesome field trip you ladies had!!! Love living vicariously thru these shots!!!! Thanks for sharing :bigsmile: Isn't it awesome to go in and try on stuff and just fantasize??? ah.... to be a multi-bajillionaire and be able to buy half of these treasures!! (BUT NOT THE MONSTER --- ew ew ewwy to the MAX :knockout: I agree, money does NOT buy good taste :knockout: )

I love that 6 ct + asscher w the trillion! I think its just the thing for a chunky size 8 finger!

and now bracelets.... oh my!!! :love: And those gorgeous pinks - sapphires AND diamonds??? That case alone would amuse me for quite some time!!

Forgot to eat lunch??? :shock:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was my pleasure, DS! Thanks for inviting me! Looking forward to doing it again next year! ;))

D

Deactivated member 42515

Awwww you guys looked like you had an awesome time!!!! How fun!!!!

You said you were good back in July so I'm scrolling through and convincing myself that I NEED all these rings so that you can go buy it for me!!! I want that peachy oval!
Oh and put me in for a bid for "monster" hahaha! Eek, that is one hell of an ugly ring!!! At least when you're back handing your hos, it's gonna leave a mark.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much fun!!

And of course the jewels are gorgeous!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Awwww, it looks like I missed a great day with lots of good company and gorgeous bling! Next year I will be there, I promise!! Thanks for sharing!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are actually my most precious finds of the day--my 3 sapphires (5.78 ct, 5.05 ctw pair) and 1.13 ct ruby that were mined by my 2 darling sons while DS and I shopped. I had the rough cut to size later. I just received them in the mail today! They'll make great little trinkets! Too bad my boys did not find me a diamond in the rough!

img_3074_-_version_2.jpg

img_3065_-_version_2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1371313729|3466481 said:
Awwww, it looks like I missed a great day with lots of good company and gorgeous bling! Next year I will be there, I promise!! Thanks for sharing!

Maybe you can come when I go back in July! But we'll definitely schedule a trip next summer when all the stores are open!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow- what fun!!!! Looks like you found some really great places to shop!!! So many pretty pieces I can't decide which is my favorite!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1371317276|3466511 said:
Here are actually my most precious finds of the day--my 3 sapphires (5.78 ct, 5.05 ctw pair) and 1.13 ct ruby that were mined by my 2 darling sons while DS and I shopped. I had the rough cut to size later. I just received them in the mail today! They'll make great little trinkets! Too bad my boys did not find me a diamond in the rough!

That is the sweetest thing ever!!! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1371318556|3466516 said:
Oh, wow- what fun!!!! Looks like you found some really great places to shop!!! So many pretty pieces I can't decide which is my favorite!!

If you can travel about 6 hours, you can join us sometime!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I may just be able to take a road trip for this much fun!!! Please let me know when you're planning your next adventure!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did make one small purchase after M2b left which was a handmade pendant by a local person to take back to my daughter who is an artist and loves to draw clocks and things with gears!

25_2013-06-08_15.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results