shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissaniteco.com and the new line of Ideal cut Moissanite

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
Moissaniteco.com will be putting out a new line of Moissanite that are supposed to be cut to ideal standards.

I placed an order for one of the new stones and will keep this thread updated with pictures and info!
I have a moissanite ring that I wear but usually wear my cluster ring right now. I want to make it a right hand ring and use this new one as my ering. I ordered a little diamond band off ebay to go with it.

The new moissanites are not listed on the site yet but Chris has been very helpful with the process. I am a yellow gold fan so the ring will be a solitaire setting with YG ring and WG prongs the band I ordered is a YG with tiny diamonds so hopefully it goes well! I anticipate it will be here in about 2 weeks.

Fingers crossed the new line of moissanites will perform better than the poorly cut moissanite I have seen in the past!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are supposed to be the AGS 000 right? Are they actually graded and certified by AGS? OR are they just saying they are so good, they WOULD be graded 000?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
These are supposed to be the AGS 000 right? Are they actually graded and certified by AGS? OR are they just saying they are so good, they WOULD be graded 000?

They posted the pic of the report on their IG a few days ago I think. I don’t know how it all works but I’m almost positive they’re certified.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see it!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They posted the pic of the report on their IG a few days ago I think. I don’t know how it all works but I’m almost positive they’re certified.

They are certified by AGS I think, because I saw the report on IG also. I was hoping someone from this thread would buy one and report back!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait to see pictures of these! Pricing isn't bad, but I think we've all been a bit spoiled by the cheap moissanite from over seas; it will be interesting to see how these compare =)2

allthesparkles

Rough_Rock
I've been lurking for a while, but I'm excited to see how it compares to the overseas moissanite with this new cut!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve heard it looks basically identical to the Amora Eternity, but I haven’t seen them myself in person to compare so this is all heresay! Lol. I have seen videos and pics of them side by side and my untrained eye couldn’t tell the difference. They’ll be priced the same as their C&C F1 H&A I believe, and they’re also eligible for the 10% discount. Funny thing is, I priced them comparatively to the Ideal Round from August Vintage and for what I want it’s the same money.

Anyone who frequents the WB boards will know that MoCo has had some shady dealings go down recently, and that’s preventing me from giving them my money. Just my opinion though. I’ll stick with Jonathan or Tianyu for custom cut stones.

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
I dont know... I am posting the certs for 2 of them that I was sent.

I've been lurking for a while, but I'm excited to see how it compares to the overseas moissanite with this new cut!

The overseas stuff looks good to me but since none of it is certified I don't know how they will compare.
I’ve heard it looks basically identical to the Amora Eternity, but I haven’t seen them myself in person to compare so this is all heresay! Lol. I have seen videos and pics of them side by side and my untrained eye couldn’t tell the difference. They’ll be priced the same as their C&C F1 H&A I believe, and they’re also eligible for the 10% discount. Funny thing is, I priced them comparatively to the Ideal Round from August Vintage and for what I want it’s the same money.

Anyone who frequents the WB boards will know that MoCo has had some shady dealings go down recently, and that’s preventing me from giving them my money. Just my opinion though. I’ll stick with Jonathan or Tianyu for custom cut stones.

I haven't been following closely or seen any issues on WB, but having said that, I am ordering a plain solitaire band. I don't trust anyone but my local jeweler to make me a band with diamonds in it . I have large hands and need a band that is heavy and will not bend. I ordered the regular bands but if the quality on the gold is not good enough I will just have it set in one of my other settings that is 6 grams plus in weight. Too many places seem to try to put a ring that weighs 3 or 4 grams out there and 6 months later it is bent and/or stones are loose. All the settings on moissaniteco.com look like they are computer done and so I have no way of knowing how they will look in real life and I am incredibly fussy about ring design. I want it set so I can see how it looks set before I invest in a heavy / quality setting.

I am hopeful the ring will be sturdy enough though I can wear it as a solitaire with some bands though! I was very specific that I need a band that can withstand a lot of wear and is sturdy.
Pricing was WAY more than one from china, but I have only seen one hearts and arrows moissanite from china and the stone only looked good in SOME lightings. in direct light it looked great, and in other lighting it looked way worse than any diamond I have.
I am hopeful that with an excellent cut stone , I will be happy with the appearance I have come to expect from my diamonds but in a moissanite.

Here are 2 of the examples they sent me.

IMG_7353.jpg
thumbnail.jpeg

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I dont know... I am posting the certs for 2 of them that I was sent.

The overseas stuff looks good to me but since none of it is certified I don't know how they will compare.

I haven't been following closely or seen any issues on WB, but having said that, I am ordering a plain solitaire band. I don't trust anyone but my local jeweler to make me a band with diamonds in it . I have large hands and need a band that is heavy and will not bend. I ordered the regular bands but if the quality on the gold is not good enough I will just have it set in one of my other settings that is 6 grams plus in weight. Too many places seem to try to put a ring that weighs 3 or 4 grams out there and 6 months later it is bent and/or stones are loose. All the settings on moissaniteco.com look like they are computer done and so I have no way of knowing how they will look in real life and I am incredibly fussy about ring design. I want it set so I can see how it looks set before I invest in a heavy / quality setting.

I am hopeful the ring will be sturdy enough though I can wear it as a solitaire with some bands though! I was very specific that I need a band that can withstand a lot of wear and is sturdy.
Pricing was WAY more than one from china, but I have only seen one hearts and arrows moissanite from china and the stone only looked good in SOME lightings. in direct light it looked great, and in other lighting it looked way worse than any diamond I have.
I am hopeful that with an excellent cut stone , I will be happy with the appearance I have come to expect from my diamonds but in a moissanite.

Here are 2 of the examples they sent me.

IMG_7353.jpg
thumbnail.jpeg

I can’t wait for you to get it so we can see hand shots and hear what you think about it!

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
I paid for it Wednesday the 5th, so I figure within 2 weeks from the day I paid it should be here!
( knock on wood! )

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I paid for it Wednesday the 5th, so I figure within 2 weeks from the day I paid it should be here!
( knock on wood! )

Sorry for the confusion, but did you just order the loose stone or will it be set? I know you said solitaire but I wasn’t sure if that was from MoCo or your local guy? Still way excited for you to get it regardless. :geek2:

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
I have paid for the moissanite to be set in a yellow gold solitaire setting from moissaniteco.

if I dont like the setting though I have a semimount that I love I will have it set into.

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
Today has been insanely busy, so I have not had time to take some proper photographs! I will tomorrow PROMISE!
The moissanite is cut insanely better than my china sourced h&a.

It is a 3.59 E vs1. I will need to buy an idealscope/aset too show those to you, but the moissanite is stunning in all lighting. Facets are crisp and clear and it does not look cloudy.

When people say cut is king- they are not kidding. My other h&a moissanite sparkles like crazy when it has direct light. But I can tell it is not a diamond depending on the lighting.
The cutting on the facets is precise and they meet at the proper points.
I do not have any regrets about getting this ideal cut h&a. The other h&a is pretty enough - I am not knocking it. But so far this ideal cut one when I hold it by my diamonds in different non direct lightings - I cannot tell the difference in the facet crispness and depth into the stone.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today has been insanely busy, so I have not had time to take some proper photographs! I will tomorrow PROMISE!

It is a 3.59 E vs1. I will need to buy an idealscope/aset too show those to you, but the moissanite is stunning in all lighting. Facets are crisp and clear and it does not look cloudy.

When people say cut is king- they are not kidding. My other h&a moissanite sparkles like crazy when it has direct light. But I can tell it is not a diamond depending on the lighting.
I do not have any regrets about getting this ideal cut h&a. The other h&a is pretty enough - I am not knocking it. But so far this ideal cut one when I hold it by my diamonds in different non direct lightings - I cannot tell the difference in the facet crispness and depth into the stone.

SO EXCITED to see pics!!!!!! Glad you love it, that's great news.

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
where did you purchase these on the site? I feel like I am not finding them, sorry if this is a dumb question!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
where did you purchase these on the site? I feel like I am not finding them, sorry if this is a dumb question!

Not a dumb question! They announced them via Instagram and said they'll be on the site in a month or two, but you have to email them directly to order at the moment

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
If Moissanite can be cut to such high cut quality I wonder why it’s only been done in the past few years. Could it be something to do with the patent running out? Did C&C not want to cut ideal cut Moissanite? Or maybe they just didn’t try to see if they could.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock

This is exactly what I needed to know, thank you! Excited to see pics!

Also, if you don’t mind me asking, which Chinese vendors have you ordered other moissanite from?

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
If Moissanite can be cut to such high cut quality I wonder why it’s only been done in the past few years. Could it be something to do with the patent running out? Did C&C not want to cut ideal cut Moissanite? Or maybe they just didn’t try to see if they could.

For a long time moissanite has been cut with what I called the splinter look. It looked like someone was playing a game of pick-up sticks inside. It had lots of splintered light and the light flashes were thin. I don't know but I guess they did it so 1. It would be easy to tell a moissanite from a diamond and 2. It was much easier( cheaper and faster) to cut when they didn't have to worry about all the splinters being symmetrical. I suspect the diamond companies had an issue with using a diamond cut on a non diamond product too.

Over the last several years, and especially once the patent ended multiple companies have had a plethora of different H&A cuts for moissanites. They advertised that the H&A cuts were more like a diamond cut and because they didn't have the splinter look that C&C called the brilliant cut. As a result most of the moissanites did look more like a diamond cut.

However all the c&c h&a cuts I have seen before the new line of super ideals, have still been cut for weight. Not a super ideal among the bunch. If you go to moissaniteco.com you can see the certificates that are sent with the h&A moissanites they currently have listed for sale when you buy a h&a - the HCA scores are all abysmal. Any PSer would tell a customer to RUN if there was a diamond this bad. The site has 3 examples of the C&C H&A they can buy.
the 1st h&a by c&c on the website is
-----------------------------------
the depth is 60.9
table is 60.53
crown is 33.6
Pavillion is 41.8
= HCA score of 6.4 :confused2:

the second is
the depth is 60.71
table is 59.55
crown is 34.3
Pavillion is 41.8
= HCA score of 6.1 :confused2:

the 3rd certified stone C&C has listed is
the depth is 60.9
table is 60.53
crown is 33.6
Pavillion is 41.8
= HCA score of 6.5 :confused2:

I am not trying to knock the C&C stones. I am sure those H&A moissanites are very pretty. My china H&A moissanite is still very pretty. In direct lights it would be hard for me to tell if it was moissanite or a diamond from a few feet away. It isn't until I am in indirect light I can easily tell the one from overseas is not like my diamonds. Moissanite sparkles a lot, so you don't "need" a super ideal cut to get lots of flashes. Even with a less than ideal cut my old moissante H&A stone is very pretty most of the time. I ordered the super ideal to see if a super ideal cut would really make a difference. I need to spend some time with the ring, but so far, I am now convinced that the cut really does matter.

I am sure sooner than later, moissaniteco.com is going to have the website updated and people will be able to order these super ideals without having to email them directly though! They were great at sending me details so I could pick one with the cut I liked.

The new line of super ideal moissanite gem that I got Monday has an HCA of 1.5. When I look inside the arrows are sharp. Big difference between the H&A cut and this new superideal h&a moissanite. Honestly, I was worried I would not be able to tell. I am not an expert by any means but thankfully when I put the 2 on side by side and next to my real diamond, I can tell a difference.

Another great thing is the color. NO yellow tint from the side. The overseas one I ordered was supposed to be a DEF, but it was not really one. Face up it was white enough but I could still see a tint in the right lighting from the side. This new moissanite is not tinted at all. It is the E color it is certified to be.

Once I have some time today I will see if I can capture on my phone what I see in person!

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
This is exactly what I needed to know, thank you! Excited to see pics!

Also, if you don’t mind me asking, which Chinese vendors have you ordered other moissanite from?

I don't know which vendor he ordered it from, the gentleman who made the ring is based in the US. When I asked if it was a C&C moissanite, they explained that those are much more expensive and that they shipped all moissanite in from china now that the patent is expired. I didn't bother to ask which vendor's stone he was using. I just wanted a colorless hearts and arrows one at the time. It is a very pretty moissanite. It was supposed to be a DEF, but from the side in certain lights I could see a tint. On the other hand it was MUCH less expensive too so I did not complain!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for your detailed post @betty6333

I have been watching the changes over the last couple of years and I’m really excited to try Moissanite again. I had an OEC from Moissanite Co in 2012 and I ended up selling it. To see how many improvements have been made since then makes me hopeful that one is the new cuts will make me happy. I think I would like a round H&A and an August Vintage cushion. I don’t want to pass the stone off as a diamond, I just want something that sparkles in a similar way. I will likely never have the budget for a large diamond and that’s ok. I love the diamond I have. Having options to wear different rings is fun and I’m all for that :bigsmile:

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for your detailed post @betty6333

I have been watching the changes over the last couple of years and I’m really excited to try Moissanite again. I had an OEC from Moissanite Co in 2012 and I ended up selling it. To see how many improvements have been made since then makes me hopeful that one is the new cuts will make me happy. I think I would like a round H&A and an August Vintage cushion. I don’t want to pass the stone off as a diamond, I just want something that sparkles in a similar way. I will likely never have the budget for a large diamond and that’s ok. I love the diamond I have. Having options to wear different rings is fun and I’m all for that :bigsmile:

Exactly! If someone asks or comments on it I will be happy to tell them it is a moissanite! I think the super ideal proportions that diamond cutters have perfected would make almost any stone look great , so I am glad that they are finally getting cut to those proportions on a stone that is affordable for anyone!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know which vendor he ordered it from, the gentleman who made the ring is based in the US. When I asked if it was a C&C moissanite, they explained that those are much more expensive and that they shipped all moissanite in from china now that the patent is expired. I didn't bother to ask which vendor's stone he was using. I just wanted a colorless hearts and arrows one at the time. It is a very pretty moissanite. It was supposed to be a DEF, but from the side in certain lights I could see a tint. On the other hand it was MUCH less expensive too so I did not complain!

Thank you for the info! The reason I’m asking is because I considered getting mine from Tianyu, the Chinese vendor on the other thread. In pictures and videos I really cannot tell the difference between the China moissanite and the Amora Gem someone else had, and they were side by side. I believe Moissanite Co and Amora both use the Sarin cutter so from what I’ve seen they’re very similar in quality and appearance. (Another poster had the Moissanite Co and Amora Gem to compare, and neither of us could see a difference. She even took it to several diamond experts and they couldn’t either.)

Jonathan at August Vintage is also cutting an Ideal Round, which I’m sure will be amazing, and it’s the same price as Moissanite Co if you get it during one of his 20% off sales.

I’m just really undecided because while the Chinese moissanite is very inexpensive (under $200 for all 3 since I’m doing a 3 stone) and we also plan on upgrading to lab diamond one day, but who knows when that will be and in the meantime I want the best looking stones. This whole post is definitely making me rethink my approach!

Thank you for such a thoughtful and detailed review! Looking forward to pics!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I can’t wait to see pictures of the stone! Sounds like the kind of cut meant to be set where it is center stage :whistle:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results