shape
carat
color
clarity

modern e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mskatee

Rough_Rock
Hello! I am a longtime lurker and first time poster. My BF and I are FINALLY starting to do some engagement ring shopping! I am looking for a very modern and different setting - I want something "architectural". I originally thought that I wanted a bezel setting like something from Whitney Boin or Etienne Perret or maybe even a tension set ring. Now I am starting to become more interested in a setting with prongs. I am having a hard time finding some modern and different prong settings. Any help would be appreciated! Oh, as far as diamonds I need a setting that will look great with a 1.5 to a 1.75 carat stone. I should also mention that I have some big fingers - size 8 :) Show me anything modern!

Thank you,
Katee

sera

Ideal_Rock
Have you looked at Pearlman''s? They carry Whitney Boin; Alex Soldier and Michael Bondanza have some architectural looking rings. I haven''t looked extensively at this type of ring... but I do like this Michael Bondanza and this Alex Soldier - though maybe they aren''t architectural enough?

mskatee

Rough_Rock
Wow these are some great ideas, thanks to both of you!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Very pricey, but very cool and stylish!

www.stuartmoore.com

I like his signature setting - I know it doesn''t have prongs, but wow!

smoore0705.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that J. Albrachet site has some great ideas!

And mskatee, I love your kitty!!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Sakamoto rings are very architectural. They are also carried by Pearlman''s.

mskatee

Rough_Rock
Love the Stuart Moore, thanks!

mskatee

Rough_Rock
Love Sakamoto - what do you girls think of this?

10T18.jpg

mskatee

Rough_Rock
I am also loving this from Michael Bodanza.

45DD13.jpg

mskatee

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Her name is Cleo and she loves PS too :)

mskatee

Rough_Rock
I also love this one but I am afraid that the bezel will take away from the diamond.

04V13.jpg

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
i love the stuart moore and the michael bondanza
30.gif
. very pricey, though!

as for the bezel, it depends on how it''s done as to whether or not you might think it detracts from the diamond. in some cases, i''ve seen it ''enhance'' the diamond. i''ve seen the boin settings in person and find that the bezel complements the stone nicely.

i have a semi-tension setting that is very simple and architectural. definitely not for everyone, but i love how a thick band looks next to a thin eternity band...

good luck with your search, and do be sure to keep us updated!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2008 11:35:05 PM
Author: mskatee

LOVE it!

mskatee

Rough_Rock
Erica, where can I find a picture of yours?

I have never seen any of these settings that I really like in person yet... but I only live about 2 hours away from Pearlman''s. I might take a drive out there one of these days to check them out.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
sorry but i just had to say that dolphingirl- those are some pretty cool rings from that link you sent!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I also vote for Bondanza, I absolutely love the style and finish of his stuff. Infact Facetfire''s is one of my alltime fave rings and is Bondanza - I''m sorry I don''t have a pic at the moment but you should find it easy enough to do a search
5.gif

the other one I would suggest is Sholdt Design - also beautiful, sleek and modern
30.gif

I would definately go visit Pearlmans and check out these in person - the staff there are very eager to help.

mskatee

Rough_Rock
I love the ones from Dolphin Girl too! It also seems like no matter how hard I try to find settings with prongs I keep coming back to bezel settings. Here are some of my favorite from dolphin girl''s links.

bezel_with_frame_ring.jpg

mskatee

Rough_Rock
Another one

dstrong_split_1.jpg

mskatee

Rough_Rock
One more

morris.jpg

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
hi there! I currently have a bezel set ER and I love this particular style! A couple of months ago, heyeliza showed us her gorgeous Sholdt ER, it is simple, modern and stunning. I am going to try to attach a picture of it *cross your fingers* it is one of my favorite rings on here. Have you tried on any semi bezel or bezel set ER''s yet? Keep us updated on your quest!

sholdtaliastype.jpg
elizasholdt1227.jpg

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
bluekeet also has one of my favorite settings, with a Gabrielle diamond!! it is stunning, as the ring is matte finish and it really seems to make the diamond pop!
Gabi_Plumeria.jpg

mskatee

Rough_Rock
I have seen the Scholdt one before on PS but never in person. That is one that I definitely want to check out but there is no one in my area that sells them. I have never seen this bluekeet one before and that looks gorgeous! I am definitely going to check that one out too. Thanks!

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/23/2008 11:09:14 AM
I have seen the Scholdt one before on PS but never in person. That is one that I definitely want to check out but there is no one in my area that sells them. I have never seen this bluekeet one before and that looks gorgeous! I am definitely going to check that one out too. Thanks!
I don''t think that bluekeets is a Sholdt, I believe a local jeweler made it for her, but I could be wrong. Do you like the matte finish?

mskatee

Rough_Rock
Yeah I looked up the thread on bluekeet''s ring and it does appear to be a custom job. I love the way the matte finish looks but I have never tried one on before. I am definitely interested in checking out matte finish rings too.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/23/2008 11:43:06 AM
Yeah I looked up the thread on bluekeet''s ring and it does appear to be a custom job. I love the way the matte finish looks but I have never tried one on before. I am definitely interested in checking out matte finish rings too.
yah I just went and re-read her thread as well, lol. I got a matte finish put on my original ER (white gold) and really loved it. Matte finish isn''t something you see everyday, is it? I don''t even know of anyone else, besides myself that has had it.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock

This is a very special, interesting, significant design. The pave of diamonds looks like a pool of diamonds. I see it as a reflecting pool with the center diamond solitaire as a fountain of light. The play of the solitaire suspended over the pool of diamonds below would create an amazing light show, I bet. And I agree with your apprehensions regarding the ring with the funny bezel setting. While it is interesting, I think that the person would focus on the ring design more than the effect created by the ring design. Personally, I would prefer the latter when wearing jewelry.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2008 11:57:03 AM
Author: Isabelle

This is a very special, interesting, significant design. The pave of diamonds looks like a pool of diamonds. I see it as a reflecting pool with the center diamond solitaire as a fountain of light. The play of the solitaire suspended over the pool of diamonds below would create an amazing light show, I bet. And I agree with your apprehensions regarding the ring with the funny bezel setting. While it is interesting, I think that the person would focus on the ring design more than the effect created by the ring design. Personally, I would prefer the latter when wearing jewelry.

Really great interpretation Isabelle, I like the way you described it. Quite beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results