shape
carat
color
clarity

MOBzilla Meltdown Moment

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Grrrr, I can''t even leave a message for the designer. It appears that the only way you can get to her is exclusively through one of threee salon that carry her designs. She will be Kleinfeld''s in NY next weekend, but I can''t fly to NY right now. I suppose I could, but if I can''t get ahold her before then, I don''t know what good that would do me.

Has anyone ever heard of Michelle Roth or Henry Roth?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It is now 0830 where I live. Here you are......
emcocktl.gif
embeer.gif
emcocktl.gif
embeer.gif

cheers (literally and figuratively)--Sharon

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 10:30:07 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

It is now 0830 where I live. Here you are......
emcocktl.gif
embeer.gif
emcocktl.gif
embeer.gif

cheers (literally and figuratively)--Sharon

I think since I am sick to my stomach that it wouldn''t be lying at all if I called in sick.
I want to spend all day figuring out a way to get the dress issue resolved and it''s 7:30 a.m. here which isn''t too early to have one of yur martini''s and get down to Mommy business. I am feeling that fierce protective instinct that is causing me to roar. I mean seriously, this is unleashing the beast in me.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2008 10:42:25 AM
Author: miraclesrule

I am feeling that fierce protective instinct that is causing me to roar. I mean seriously, this is unleashing the beast in me.
S*** I''d be unleasing a can of MOB woopA** on them! They should be treating you like a GOD after you spent $4K on a dress and didn''t get what you paid for! I mean COME ON! If I were you I''d be getting the phone # of the designer and calling her. Email her and say if she doesn''t help you fix in NOW you''ll go on every bridal forum, newspaper, etc. saying how horrible it is after the $$$ you spent! It''s the most important day of you daughters life, EVERYONE in the bridal industry should be HELPING YOU! They know how stressful it is. It doesn''t matter if you spent 500.00 on your dress of 4K on a dress. If I were you, I wouldn''t even feel the least bit guilty of wanting to unleash the "beast" and making them wee wee a little in their pants. They need it! Go on...go...go...go...ROAR!!!!! Here I''ll do it with you! GRRR!!! GRRR!!! GRRR!!!!
emfist.gif

I hope you get everything worked out. But I agree with however said that 4K is a lawsuit. If they can''t fix it, they should pay to rush make another one, or provide a dress that makes your daughter equally as happy,AND REFUND YOUR MONEY!

I hope you get this worked out though! Your PS sisters are here to help you though it! BTW the dress is GORGESS!!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2008 10:28:10 AM
Grrrr, I can''t even leave a message for the designer. It appears that the only way you can get to her is exclusively through one of threee salon that carry her designs. She will be Kleinfeld''s in NY next weekend, but I can''t fly to NY right now. I suppose I could, but if I can''t get ahold her before then, I don''t know what good that would do me.
Hmm, you saw the designer''s website has a phone number and e-mail address, right? Maybe that''s what you meant, you tried that number?

It is a lovely, lovely dress, and I cannot believe that for $4,000 your daughter is not going to be completely 100% happy with her dress at her wedding. I know it seems like it''s going to be an uphill battle right now, but I''m really so sure this is going to get worked out. It''s just a matter of time.

So sorry you have to deal with this though. It should be so much easier.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Miracles,

Yes the dress DEFINITELY looks funky from the front & DEFINITELY WRONG in the back. Have them steam the tulle before you go there again with your daughter. If they gripe then just tell them you want to see how good/bad the whole situation is while there''s still time to fix it.

Honestly the seamstress seems like she''s really trying to help, this saleswoman needs to be socked! Talk to the owner or manager or someone. For $4K you should not have to stress about a dress this much.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Miracles I am really sorry you are going through this, I hope you can get it resolved today, if it were me I would take the day off work and head down there. Your idea of getting a seamstress is a good one but really they should be listening to you regardless.

The style of dress is beautiful but I agree it is far from sitting right and for 4k you want it to fit your daughter like a dream.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Man, I am so sorry that you and your daughter have to deal with this, miraclesrule! For $4000, I'd want to be 100% happy with my purchase, no doubt about it.

Honestly, this could be because I am seriously NOT a frou-frou girly girl, but I think the dress looks fine to me. I mean, when I really LOOK for things to be wrong, I think I can make out that there's a couple of things not totally perfect with the dress (and the fact that it's still so big it needs to be clipped in the back is obviously not good), but as far as what the people at the wedding will think--I have a feeling all they will see is your radiantly beautiful daughter in a gorgeous dress. I think you definitely should argue to get it as close to perfect as possible, but I don't think it will be the end of the world if it doesn't look exactly like the model in the photos.

Now, maybe I'm blind, and you shouldn't pay any attention to me. I know lots of other people can see as much as you do in what's wrong with the dress--I tried and I honestly couldn't see anything THAT bad, except that it's clearly too big still and the seamstress seems to be on your side and doing what she can to fix it. I'd insist that they have the dress steamed or whatever as if she was about to wear it for the wedding to see how it will look on that day, and then see how it goes from there. I don't think you should think about another dress because that one seems so perfect on her, for her future hubby, for the location--everything! And even with the sizing issues and the slight wonkiness, it's still a beautiful dress and makes your daughter look like a princess.
1.gif

So, fight tooth and nail to get it as perfect as it should be, like it sounds like you will, but don't let it ruin her wedding. I think she's going to look amazing regardless.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Miracles, did you pay for the dress with cc? I would call the CC company and see if you can dispute this charge b/c you did not get what you ordered. If so, I would then call the owner of the shop and let her know that you are disputing the charge and she will not be seeing a dime from the purchase until she fixes the problem. I''m soo sorry you''re going through this. Good luck!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 11:15:58 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Man, I am so sorry that you and your daughter have to deal with this, miraclesrule! For $4000, I''d want to be 100% happy with my purchase, no doubt about it.

Honestly, this could be because I am seriously NOT a frou-frou girly girl, but I think the dress looks fine to me. I mean, when I really LOOK for things to be wrong, I think I can make out that there''s a couple of things not totally perfect with the dress (and the fact that it''s still so big it needs to be clipped in the back is obviously not good), but as far as what the people at the wedding will think--I have a feeling all they will see is your radiantly beautiful daughter in a gorgeous dress. I think you definitely should argue to get it as close to perfect as possible, but I don''t think it will be the end of the world if it doesn''t look exactly like the model in the photos.

Now, maybe I''m blind, and you shouldn''t pay any attention to me. I know lots of other people can see as much as you do in what''s wrong with the dress--I tried and I honestly couldn''t see anything THAT bad, except that it''s clearly too big still and the seamstress seems to be on your side and doing what she can to fix it. I''d insist that they have the dress steamed or whatever as if she was about to wear it for the wedding to see how it will look on that day, and then see how it goes from there. I don''t think you should think about another dress because that one seems so perfect on her, for her future hubby, for the location--everything! And even with the sizing issues and the slight wonkiness, it''s still a beautiful dress and makes your daughter look like a princess.
1.gif

So, fight tooth and nail to get it as perfect as it should be, like it sounds like you will, but don''t let it ruin her wedding. I think she''s going to look amazing regardless.

ditto.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miracles, I''m so, so sorry you''re dealing with this.

Now, here''s how I would handle it:

INSIST that they order a new dress. They MUST order a new dress in or closer to your beautiful daughter''s size and start over with the (free, as they should be) alterations, if needed. That dress has been altered too much. The lines of that dress do not lend well to enormous alterations, which is why it now looks like it doesn''t fall correctly on your daughter''s body.

The designer sold you the dress. She told you that it would be ordered in your daughter''s size and that you would not need to pay for alterations. The dress shop ultimately did not adhere to the standards that were set forth by the designer, therefore they must fix the problem and order another dress in your daughter''s size. Period. Insist on a new dress, rush ordered, and that they pay very close attention to your daughter when she comes in for all of her fittings.

If they don''t do this, I would go to all of the other shops that carry this designer, tell them my story, and SURELY you will find someone willing to help you. There must be one decent bridal shop in San Diego. I found my bridal shop after David''s Bridal royally messed up the first dress I purchased, and my shop has been AMAZING. You deserve that. Go out and find the right shop if your current shop won''t accommodate you.

This is insanity. You are not being treated well, and I don''t understand how shops like this stay in business.
You should be treated like this:

You are greeted warmly when you walk in to the shop, you have one consultant and one seamstress who work with you and your daughter throughout the entire process. When you find the dress of her dreams they clap and smile and tell her how gorgeous she looks in it, they send her a lovely card after she purchases it with a warm note in it. The dress arrives before the date that they set when you purchased it, and when she comes in for her first fitting you both cry because she looks so beautiful. Her dress consultant helps her choose shoes and jewelry when she comes in with several options, and they don''t even care that you didn''t buy any at their shop. The seamstress hugs her, pins up the dress, and asks her if she loves it. If not, she tweaks the pins, and then helps her out of the dress and assures her that it will look gorgeous. When she comes in for her second fitting, the dress fits like a glove and the seamstress looks her over very carefully to make sure that everything fits correctly. She tells your daughter how beautiful she looks. Then the seamstress pins up the hem and the bustle, asks your daughter if she loves it, and when she does, that fitting is done. They hug, you leave. You get a phone call a week later from the seamstress telling you how beautiful the dress looks, and assures her that she''s going to love it. You go in for your daughter''s final fitting, it fits perfectly and if it doesn''t, the seamstress fixes it on the spot. Your daughter twirls around, you take pictures, hug everyone in the shop, and then the dress gets taken away for a good steaming in the shop, where it waits until the day before the wedding.

Good luck, honey, I really hope the shop stands up and does the right thing for you.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Gwendolyn dear:

You are so right. I need to remember how radiantly happy and beautiful my daughter will look going down that aisle to take her vows with the man she of her dreams. She would still look as radian in a gunny sack.

I needed to hear that. I needed to be reminded that no matter what happens with this dress, she will be married and she will begin her life as a wife next month.

I have called the salon and left them a message that I want the dress steamed before anything else is done to the dress. Perferably I want that done today and I want to be able to go back tonight and have my daughter try it on after the steaming. I will bring with me, someone who is a no nonsense friend who also speaks fluent spanish so she and the seamstress can communicate freely and the salesperson will know right away not to challenge my friend. She is even more direct and fierce than I am.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 12:02:09 PM
Gwendolyn dear:

You are so right. I need to remember how radiantly happy and beautiful my daughter will look going down that aisle to take her vows with the man she of her dreams. She would still look as radian in a gunny sack.

I needed to hear that. I needed to be reminded that no matter what happens with this dress, she will be married and she will begin her life as a wife next month.

I have called the salon and left them a message that I want the dress steamed before anything else is done to the dress. Perferably I want that done today and I want to be able to go back tonight and have my daughter try it on after the steaming. I will bring with me, someone who is a no nonsense friend who also speaks fluent spanish so she and the seamstress can communicate freely and the salesperson will know right away not to challenge my friend. She is even more direct and fierce than I am.
Sounds like a plan! Here''s hoping that this fitting goes better....

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
So, after really analzying the photos of my daughter when she first tried on the dress with the designer and comparing everything, and talking with some friends, I think the main problem is that the dress was just too big. Although they took in all the they could from each side, it is still too big. The bottom of the dress was intended to balance properly for someone who is 6 08 inches larger than my daughter is. They can''t take anymore from the sides due to the boning. The dress is almost already boning to boning at the side seams.

I wish I could post the photos of the pics at the first dress try on with the designer, but they exceed the size limit and I don''t know how to reduce them. The fit of the dress was exquisite, but now I think the bottom of the dress was constructed for the original size and not complimenting the alterations.

I am going to try to get them to send us another dress. Pronto. But I''m not going to hold my breath.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe if you contact the PS admins they''re resize the photos?

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
What a nightmare! I must admit, the dress does not look terrible to me. I think it is always dangerous to compare ANYTHING to the model picture (those models are 6' tall, 100 pounds, with implants so they don't look completely emaciated, and standing on a 6 inch platform that you can't see) and the only thing I really see on the back is that the layers are a bit off.

I must say, though, reading about this experience has put me off of ordering ANYTHING with extensive beading, layers, ruching, etc. It must be so hard to alter it to look right!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I have to be honest and say that I think the photo of your daughter in the dress, compared to the stock model photo looks nearly identical to me, and I have a very picky eye...I''m not seeing that it looks different at all, let alone dramatically different. I realize that the gown is clipped in the back and that''s why it looks like it fits like a glove from the front, and it looks like an awful gown to have to alter with all the layers, but then again, perhaps it''s more forgiving because of all the layers and the fact that it''s rather asymmetrical anyway? If they cant take it in anymore than what they''ve done then obviously they need to rush order it in another size but aside from that, why haven''t you simply called the designer directly? That seems the best course of action if you''re not happy with the way the salon is treating you. BTW, what salon is it? So we know not to go there!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
The phone number for the designer is a recording that refers you to the three salons where they sell their dresses. I did send her an email.

I just received a call from "R", the saleslady at the salon...lets call her Ritch.
31.gif

She was a lot more congenial today after our conversation, but I still sense she is more interested in covering her bum. Having said that, she is not going to alter anything at this time and will call her seamstress to see if she can come into today to press and steam the tulle, so we can come in tonight and try it on and "troubleshoot".

I had a long talk with her about how I feel that we can work together if she understands a bit about how I communicate. Such as when I have a valid concern, she needs to acknowledge it when it is obvious and not be dismissive, because otherwise we will not be able to accomplish anything. I don''t know enough about whose fault it is that the dress came in so large. A dress of this type with this much detail can''t be too full at the bottom or the crystal detailing gets caught together and then the dress can''t lay properly. I have a lot of faith that we can work this out, but only if I am able to communicate with the seamstress as well.

We are going to try on the sample and my daughters dress. They are going to measure at every angle so we can see what it causing the dress to go off kilter as soon as she walks more than 10 feet.

We will remeasure my daughter, for the obvious reason of finding out if she is losing weight, so that they can blame her.
20.gif
If she did lose a bunch of weight, I will plump her up so fast by chaining her up and feeding her pizza.
9.gif
My daughter is a model and it''s easy to compare her to models. I would post some pics, but the dang computer is being a brat today. I wonder if Mercury is retrograde.
33.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 1:27:18 PM
Author: rockzilla
What a nightmare! I must admit, the dress does not look terrible to me. I think it is always dangerous to compare ANYTHING to the model picture (those models are 6'' tall, 100 pounds, with implants so they don''t look completely emaciated, and standing on a 6 inch platform that you can''t see) and the only thing I really see on the back is that the layers are a bit off.

I must say, though, reading about this experience has put me off of ordering ANYTHING with extensive beading, layers, ruching, etc. It must be so hard to alter it to look right!
That is very true. And it is one of the reasons that we went when the designer was there in order to prevent this from happening.
7.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 12:02:09 PM
Gwendolyn dear:

Excellent plan of attack! I do think that, for the money paid for the dress, you should not have had these problems, ESPECIALLY the sizing issue. They measured her! I could understand if your daughter had just said, "I usually wear a 4" and they said, "right, try an 8 on her" since wedding dresses tend to run small, but THEY MEASURED HER! They need to get her a gown that is her size. I have a feeling, like you said in a later post, that once that''s sorted everything else will fall into place. I think it was probably the easy way out, to send a dress that was too big, thinking a seamstress could fix it all.

Anyway, I am sending you and your lovely daughter nothing but the best wishes that this stressful situation is dealt with to the satisfaction of both of you very soon, so you can go back to enjoying this wonderful time in your lives.
1.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Miracles I looked at the photos and while overall it doesn''t look quite as bad as you fear, I can definitely see something is going on with the bottom of the dress. The bottom just looks funky to me.
40.gif
Anyway, I am sorry.
38.gif
At least it sounds like you''ve got some ideas rolling around on what to do. Worst case scenario demand a new dress of course and if it doesn''t work, buy a new dress and sue them for the other dress. You may not have enough proof to win, but who knows maybe you do. Write everything down and date it if you can to keep just in case. Just have to prove it in small claims as more probable than not that they screwed the dress up.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 1:54:30 PM
The phone number for the designer is a recording that refers you to the three salons where they sell their dresses. I did send her an email.

I just received a call from ''R'', the saleslady at the salon...lets call her Ritch.
31.gif

She was a lot more congenial today after our conversation, but I still sense she is more interested in covering her bum. Having said that, she is not going to alter anything at this time and will call her seamstress to see if she can come into today to press and steam the tulle, so we can come in tonight and try it on and ''troubleshoot''.

I had a long talk with her about how I feel that we can work together if she understands a bit about how I communicate. Such as when I have a valid concern, she needs to acknowledge it when it is obvious and not be dismissive, because otherwise we will not be able to accomplish anything. I don''t know enough about whose fault it is that the dress came in so large. A dress of this type with this much detail can''t be too full at the bottom or the crystal detailing gets caught together and then the dress can''t lay properly. I have a lot of faith that we can work this out, but only if I am able to communicate with the seamstress as well.

We are going to try on the sample and my daughters dress. They are going to measure at every angle so we can see what it causing the dress to go off kilter as soon as she walks more than 10 feet.

We will remeasure my daughter, for the obvious reason of finding out if she is losing weight, so that they can blame her.
20.gif
If she did lose a bunch of weight, I will plump her up so fast by chaining her up and feeding her pizza.
9.gif
My daughter is a model and it''s easy to compare her to models. I would post some pics, but the dang computer is being a brat today. I wonder if Mercury is retrograde.
33.gif
Actually, yes. It straightens out on July 4.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
do you have anything in writing from when they took your daughter''s measurements that could be compared to the dimensions of the dress she received? i''m thinking that if they ordered a dress that didn''t go with your daughter''s proportions, they have to get her another dress anyway because, technically, you didn''t receive what you ordered. you ordered the dress that fit her measurements, and, unless she lost 20 pounds (which i have the feeling you would notice!), what they gave you is NOT the dress that should''ve been ordered so as to fit those measurements. i hope everything goes well with this next plan of attack; if not, GET ''EM, TIGER!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 1:54:30 PM

I just received a call from ''R'', the saleslady at the salon...lets call her Ritch.
31.gif

She was a lot more congenial today after our conversation, but I still sense she is more interested in covering her bum. Having said that, she is not going to alter anything at this time and will call her seamstress to see if she can come into today to press and steam the tulle, so we can come in tonight and try it on and ''troubleshoot''.

20.gif
9.gif
33.gif
Unless your daughter lost over 20 lbs in her thighs and calves alone, then there is no reason the dress should be laying like that.

I used to work at a bridal salon, and here is my 2 cents... They should have measured the dress, the minute it came in, before you all even came in to see it. If ANYTHING was off the original measurements, then ALL alterations should be paid for by the salon. We had many brides order dresses a few sizes too small bc they said, "I''m going to lose XX pounds before the wedding". We would make them write that statement and then sign it, only to cover our own well being if this turned out not to be the case, as many times it had. We even had a girl get breast implants and try to tell us they had always been that size?!?!?
Anyway... Did they measure the dress before they started making alterations? Also, I can''t exactly tell where the dress is sitting on her hips, but I think you could definitely get a peticoat on under the skirt. They make ones that don''t start flaring out until mid thigh. There is OBVIOUSLY something under that dress in the picture. Also, she told you that the photo has been "photo-shopped"?!?! Umm, hello... False Advertising!!! I have a feeling the designer or salon owner would not be too pleased with that statement.
I''m sorry you are going through this, but from the story you have told, I don''t think you should be paying for any of the alterations.

Best of luck. Ohh also... what is the size of the dress on the mannequin? You''re daughter looks like an average size, and most dresses are made for a 5-9 form, does that one fit???

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi miraclesrule!

Just wanted to chime in and say you may be right. If they took the dress in 6-8 inches at the side and the bottom of the dress is still made for that size it could be throwing things off slightly. The seamstress was probably thinking with a dress that full it wouldn''t matter so I would mention your thought to her it might give her a better idea of how to fix it.

Also I think most of the problem of the bottom layers not laying in a uniformly fluffy fashion is probably they tulle and underlayers needing a good steam. When I worked a bridal shop I steamed hundreds of gowns and the underlayers of dresses like this were always a huge mess from the packing and delivering. It''s a lot of work to steam them all out but the end result is so worth it.

In the picture I think I still see a bunch of clamps down the back. Nothing lays the same with the clamps or heck even pinned as it will actually altered (which I''m sure you know) so it''s hard to tell what else could be causing the dress to lay the way it is. I would have another seamstress take a look I''m sure it can be fixed it just may take more than a few set of eyes to see the solution.

Keep breathing! It''ll work out somehow.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I''m not going to post replies to each and every one of you, because when I am stressed by typing sucks big time, but please know that I am sooooooo grateful to all of your support, advice and expertise.

LA- I KNEW it!! Mercury is retrograde. Sheesh, that is never good for communication success.

meresal- Thank you so much for the feedback!! My daughter was measured on 3 separate occasions for her wedding dress and has been measured several times for BM dresses that she also ordered from them for her friends weddings.

I do not know, but highly doubt, that the salon measured the dress when they received it before it was altered. My daughters weight doesn''t flucuate much at all. She is almost 5''9" and has long legs. Her waist isn''t as small as mine but she has a fairly long torso, which is why this dress was perfect for her body. If she does lose or gain weight it''s usually like 3 pounds. She makes me ill (just kidding, she just makes me envious...and don''t think I haven''t reminded her that she should be grateful to me that I picked a good paternal gene so should could have nice long cellulite free legs....the opposite of mine)

I can assure you that the way your salon approaced the process is a lot different than the way this salon has approached the process. The designer measured my daughter herself while she was wearing nothing but a strapless bra and panties. There is no reason for the dress to have come in so large.

I did send an email to the designer because you can''t reach them by phone. That is not a good sign. I did indicate in the email what the "Ritch" said about the photoshopping.

We can fix this. We can do anything. I am certain of it. I have to be. For a picture of my daughter''s beautiful face, you have to see my Who''s Who thread. I will try to get the other pictures sized right so I can post them here.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 2:14:18 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Miracles I looked at the photos and while overall it doesn't look quite as bad as you fear, I can definitely see something is going on with the bottom of the dress. The bottom just looks funky to me.
40.gif
Anyway, I am sorry.
38.gif
At least it sounds like you've got some ideas rolling around on what to do. Worst case scenario demand a new dress of course and if it doesn't work, buy a new dress and sue them for the other dress. You may not have enough proof to win, but who knows maybe you do. Write everything down and date it if you can to keep just in case. Just have to prove it in small claims as more probable than not that they screwed the dress up.
Take notes, take a tape recorder, a video camera if need be, and DEFINITELY take pics!

They need to order a dress in the right size. That's all there is to it. This is their responsibility, they measured her the first time around.

I'll fly to NYC with you!!!

ETA: and take pics of her AFTER she's walked around a bit and the dress has gotten twisted-or whatever it is.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to chime in and say I don''t think you''re being unreasonable, or an MOBzilla. You paid for a service you are not receiving, and on top of that you are being forced to pay for something you were told you would not have to pay for. I''d be furious. (I already kind of am.)

Anyways, I''d like to volunteer for the army to march in on the designer if need be. I''m sure we''ll get you the attention you need if we all walk in there and fill the place up so no other customer can get in, and we can''t be ignored.

***dust*** Hopefully something good will happen with this soon.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 3:21:31 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Date: 6/25/2008 2:14:18 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Miracles I looked at the photos and while overall it doesn''t look quite as bad as you fear, I can definitely see something is going on with the bottom of the dress. The bottom just looks funky to me.
40.gif
Anyway, I am sorry.
38.gif
At least it sounds like you''ve got some ideas rolling around on what to do. Worst case scenario demand a new dress of course and if it doesn''t work, buy a new dress and sue them for the other dress. You may not have enough proof to win, but who knows maybe you do. Write everything down and date it if you can to keep just in case. Just have to prove it in small claims as more probable than not that they screwed the dress up.
Take notes, take a tape recorder, a video camera if need be, and DEFINITELY take pics!

They need to order a dress in the right size. That''s all there is to it. This is their responsibility, they measured her the first time around.

I''ll fly to NYC with you!!!

ETA: and take pics of her AFTER she''s walked around a bit and the dress has gotten twisted-or whatever it is.
Dictation/conference tape recorder, check
Camera with video, check
Pictures, check, check, check....

Spainsh speaking friend....check!!

I received a dictaphone/recorder for my birthday last month from my staff. I could put in in my purse and it will still put up the entire conversation, but I would rather not do that. I am a transparent person and expect the same out of the salon. The recorder will be placed on the floor so that there is no ability for any further misunderstanding or blatant misrepresentation to occur. I really am not a MOBzilla and don''t expect perfection to some minute detail of a fraction of an each, that''s absurd. I just want it look like what it can and should look like.

If that means that have to rush a new dress, than the designer should step up. When I was talking to the salon rep today, she was typing the entire time I was talking, denying some things she said and spinning them, she was also trying to get me to admit that I couldn''t tell from the sides that it had been taken in so much. Um yeah, I can tell, I was there. But nobody else will know, unless they have a really good eye and were looking for that sort of thing.

It''s been just two hours and she still hasn''t called back. I will give her another hour before I go ape-caca. Just joking...another hour before I call her back to get an update on her efforts to get the seamstress to press and steam the tulle. I even told the gal, "Hey, look, if you are right and the dress look amazing after you steam the tulle, I will be the first person to buy you champagne, chocolate and an a handwritten card. But until that happens, we have work to do".

I love you PS''ers. If I haven''t told you that enough. Just let me say it again.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
DITTO THIS FROM FREKE:
ETA: I think you should get your money partially refunded or not have to pay for alterations.
If I had been in your shoes, I''d be sitting in a very small room with a metal toilet right now...
Okay so I looked the comparison pics. They need to steam that bottom layer out ASAP if that is their claim. There IS a way they can sew in a petticoat under the skirt… with a small crinoline under the bottom layer pushing it out . I don’t know if I’m explaining it right but that’s what my gown has. It looks like a slip right up until where the puffy tulle starts toward the bottom and its sole purpose is to stick the bottom of the skirt out. I agree with Meresal that there is SOMETHING that can be stuck under there to help the dress fall right.
I don’t like the way its hanging. GRANTED, if you hadn’t pointed it out and I didn’t have a comparison pic, I’d be looking at the bodice and the brides beautiful face, and not the hem… but if for some reason I looked closely at that bottom layer… I’d go “hmm… I wonder if it’s supposed to look like that.” Then there is the back, it IS more noticeable in the back. And I think you are right, all of this is the result of having to slim it down so much.
I would definitely call my credit card. Not to dispute the charges, they are still in possession on the dress and if you dispute it you could end up with no dress for the wedding. But I would ask them about their Buyer protection programs, about negotiating a credit on all the alterations, and about possibly a reduction in price. They might be able to help you, they might not.
IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA (last time I checked) it is ILLEGAL to tape someone without their permission. Be very careful if you are planning on taping conversations. I personally think that unless the person is an idiot, having to inform them and get them to agree to being taped (you should get their agreement on tape) reduces the usefulness of the information obtained since many people are smart enough to keep watch what they say if they know they are being taped.
Ape-caca. Hmm… honey, there are times when only ape caca will get results. point out to the woman that you are giving her the chance to resolve this amicably. And that you don’t think her future customers would appreciate it if this Saturday you camped out there with your daughter ranting and complaining about poor service and treatment you’ve received there, how the dress was the wrong size… etc and answering questions from any prospective brides that come in about this debacle.
(BTW: Sorry I didn’t respond sooner honey. New job has me very careful about net use during the day, and the commute has me tired at night. I think I made a good move though. Too early to tell, and I will post in a few weeks about the job… but so far it seems better. )

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results