shape
carat
color
clarity

MOBzilla Meltdown Moment

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tell her if she''s going to buy bus tickets, she can come to NM!

I''m sorry you guys are cranky. What''s going on with that bottom layer of lace?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 10:52:57 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Tell her if she''s going to buy bus tickets, she can come to NM!

I''m sorry you guys are cranky. What''s going on with that bottom layer of lace?
I think it''s just too much crinoline and it''s sticking out and the layer above it is falling wonky. I can fix it. I''m not worried. It did look a lot better tonight. Personally, I like it better without the petticoat, but she likes it better with it, so it will stay. I think if we removed one layer out of the crinoline it would help, or added some under the upper front. Either way, it will be fine. I''m not stressing over it. I have seen it enough now, that I can tell exactly what''s happening. She''s satisfied with it, so that''s all that matters to me. I think she''s just had enough of fittings and is now worried that the fabric will never come in for the bouquet. I have everything we need if we need to do anything. But honestly, I think we''re good to go.

On a less cranky note, the guys personalized cigars came in and her FI is like a little kid describing the entire label and box that he designed. Very cute...he''s so excited.

Anyway, I am posting some pics for you in the other thread. Just so you can have a good laugh.
Glamour Shot anyone????
31.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

I swear this salon manager is creating some very serious bad karma for herself. I am ready to go MOBs**t on her.

So, the latest. Months ago my daughter asked for a swatch of her dress so she could match the Flower Girl dress and anything else she needed. It took the salon forever to get it to us, but they finally did. We didn''t know it would be a 2'''' x 2" swatch of only the lace, but whatever. A few days after the first fitting my daughter called the salon manager and asked if they could save the material they were removing from the gown to wrap her bouquet. The manager told her that it wasn''t large enough but that she could order the fabric for my daughter to put on her bouquet. (This was before we knew that the woman was evil). My daughter said "Oh wow, great, that''s even better, Thank You" Salon Manager said "No Problem". So then we have the whole dress drama and we aren''t really thinking about the bouquet fabric.

When we had the fitting Thursday before last, where the bustle was a nightmare and Freke created the side by side pictures for us to email to the salon manager, the last line of my daughter''s email specifically asked the manager when we can expect the fabric. Of course we never got a response. Last Tuesday the salon manager wasn''t even present for our fitting and I was dealing with the spanish speaking seamstress only and we had to go back again, two days later, which was last Thursday. The salon manager wasn''t present at the salon again and the seamstress was in the back so me and my daughter just stood around in her dress by ourselves while we waited...and waited...and finally she took the dress off.

When we went to leave, my daughter asked the really nice last consultant in the salon to find out when we can pick up the fabric since the florist needs it. My daughter''s wedding is this coming Friday.

So, yesterday, my daughter gets a call from the nice consultant who says that she looked and no order was ever placed for the fabric and she will be happy to place the order if my daughter calls with the authorization because it costs $100. Needless to say, my daughter called me in a panic and at this point, she was using language that usually only comes out of my mouth.
6.gif

I call the salon to go apecaca, but I feel bad for the nice consultant because it isn''t her fault. Then my daughter calls and explains everything the salon manager said to her....and didn''t say. If the fabric needed to be ordered for $100 a yard, why didn''t the manager ever tell my daughter this information when they were discussing it months ago. So the consultant calls the manager and then calls my daughter back and says that they are sure that they can find some fabric in the back from other alterations on that same dress and we can pick it up today. Well, they never call, so my daughter calls and they say that they are too busy right now, so she can come in on Tuesday.

WTH?? My daughter is getting married on Friday. The florist needs the fabric by Tuesday. I was so tempted to just drive down there and not leave until they give us some fabric, but I told my daughter that since the salon is open tomorrow, she should just go down there at opening and not leave until she has some fabric in her hands for her bouquet. Even if it isn''t her dress fabric, they have to have something that will work.

This was a condensed version of events from yesterday and today....but you get the gist. I sooooo want to write a Yelp and a BBB complaint, but my daughter is so afraid that this manager will screw up her dress on purpose that she is begging me to do nothing. Can you believe that? This manager has been so evil that my daughter is afraid to say anything for fear that she will ruin her dress. That is some seriously scary stuff. But I have to agree. The woman is so disdainful that there is no way anyone, even my girl who trusts everyone, could trust her.
38.gif

I swear it is taking every bit of love I have for my daughter not to unleash on this woman. I feel like a pit bull with a muzzle on. This woman has caused my daughter to be so stressed out and believe me, my daughter never stresses. She just called me and asked me to go with her tomorrow morning because she left them a voice mail message saying she would be by first thing in the morning, and I said "Hell yeah, I''ll go with you baby, Mama''s gotcha".

29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2008 9:55:29 PM
Author: miraclesrule
This was a condensed version of events from yesterday and today....but you get the gist. I sooooo want to write a Yelp and a BBB complaint, but my daughter is so afraid that this manager will screw up her dress on purpose that she is begging me to do nothing. Can you believe that? This manager has been so evil that my daughter is afraid to say anything for fear that she will ruin her dress. That is some seriously scary stuff. But I have to agree. The woman is so disdainful that there is no way anyone, even my girl who trusts everyone, could trust her.
38.gif

I swear it is taking every bit of love I have for my daughter not to unleash on this woman. I feel like a pit bull with a muzzle on. This woman has caused my daughter to be so stressed out and believe me, my daughter never stresses. She just called me and asked me to go with her tomorrow morning because she left them a voice mail message saying she would be by first thing in the morning, and I said ''Hell yeah, I''ll go with you baby, Mama''s gotcha''.

29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
As soon as you get that dress, you write to the BBB and Yelp. I don''t want anyone else to go through what you ladies have gone through.

I''m speechless

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
7.gif
i''m sorry this is still going on miracles. just do your best to keep things in perspective! this salon lady is a PITA, but don''t let it ruin the last few days for you or your daughter. i''m sure emotions are running high on both ends, but unless this lady actually kidnaps your future SIL, she shouldn''t have that power. her dress is going to be beautiful, as is her bouquet (w or w/o the fabric!) and i''m sure that there are much more important issues to deal with (like getting emotionally and spiritually ready for the wedding!). i really really hope that they come through for you!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I hear ya Mimzy. I told my daughter tonight that she doesn''t need to stress. I reminded her that I pulled an all nighter the night before her sixth grade graduation because our cat was giving birth and I sill hadn''t sewn in the zipper for her dress I was making for her to wear in ....oh 10 hours
3.gif
I told her that she needed to go out tonight and enjoy her firends birthday party and not think about these little things. The important things are taken care of already. And if not, we will make it work. No more stress. Don''t give these little things the power to tilt you ( all the while,....I am thinking of all the things I would do to this woman if I had the power of Bewitched or I Dream of Jeannie)
9.gif

And even though she got bad news from the salon, which she should be used to by now, we did get great news from the venue. I happen to know the catering director at my daughers'' venue because we worked together at the same hotel in the past and she is marrying my former boyfriends boss. I never namedropped to get any discounts even though I know she would have given them to us.

As it turn out, when we went to eat salad we stopped by the catering office to look at linen upgrades and the catering saleslady who was present also used to work with the catering director a long time ago prior to the hotel where we had worked together. She was surprised that I didn''t namedrop so she said she was going to let the Director know that it was my daughter getting married and about my good wishes on her upcoming wedding.

So, yesterday we also got a call from my daughters catering manager that the Director has comp''ed her pinspotting, upgraded our linens to include their finest black damask with ivory lace overlays and added an additional bartender for the open bar hour.....all for nothing.
36.gif
36.gif

So, evil is overcome by good.
17.gif

But that doesn''t mean I won''t be doing as Freke said. Word to Freke. I already have my stuff written. I will wait until after the wedding before I take any action.
41.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s fantastic, miracles! And I''m really glad you have the reviews ready to go. I think it''s really important that this information make it out into the public arena. This is ridiculous, but when it comes down to it (and I know you know this, but it never hurts to hear):

Your daughter will be married to the man she loves. She''s going to rock whatever version of the dress she ends up with. But more importantly SHE WILL BE MARRIED! We all know she could get married in cutoffs and a tie-dyed shirt and look gorgeous. So breathe, woman!

This will all be okay. It really will. And happy things are happening.

And we''re all going to dance around on Friday (it''s this Friday, right?) knowing that your gorgeous daughter is getting married!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results