shape
carat
color
clarity

Mixing metals - does plat. eat gold, or does gold eat plat.? How about silver?

emeraldmurphy

Rough_Rock
Re: Mixing metals - does plat. eat gold, or does gold eat pl

a little curious on any updates.
My FI has a plain band platinum solitaire which we are looking to add a possible eternity or partial eternity band to for the WB.

First, does a silver band provide any protection as a seemingly disposable spacer (not concerned on it's appearance or wear).
http://www.etsy.com/listing/83808860/knife-edge-spacer-band-in-14k-gold-with as spacer

Since we haven't picked the WB yet, wondering if a spacer (or a certain metal for the spacer) would open up safe options for the WB metal.

i.e. (Pt)(Ag)(Platinum/14k WG/18k WG) or Pt (Palladium) (Pt)

emeraldmurphy

Rough_Rock

It is really more whether $300-$500 for a spacer band is required and provides significant benefit to the primary ring(s). Also, it is helpful to understand the issue in case the wedding band we decide on isn't available in platinum.

I understand in an ideal case everything should be same metal and allow, but wondering if there is any consensus on the forums for non-ideal cases with mixed metals. Thanks for the time.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

emeraldmurphy|1326341143|3100952 said:
It is really more whether $300-$500 for a spacer band is required and provides significant benefit to the primary ring(s). Also, it is helpful to understand the issue in case the wedding band we decide on isn't available in platinum.

I understand in an ideal case everything should be same metal and allow, but wondering if there is any consensus on the forums for non-ideal cases with mixed metals. Thanks for the time.

I'd go with palladium in that case, there are Pd spacers aplenty on Etsy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results