shape
carat
color
clarity

Misshapen ring after 6 mos. - metal question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jacbride

Rough_Rock
I have had my 18k white gold and palladium engagement ring for 6 months and it has become very misshapen (the band seems "smooshed" and the setting now seems tilted). I don''t abuse it (never wear it to the gym, don''t wear it to bed, etc.) and I''m pretty concerned about the wear in only 6 months. My jeweler has offered to recast the ring in 14k (for $125) because he thinks I need something harder. Does this sound right to anyone? Should this have even happened in the first place?

- My ring style is very close to the Harry Winston micro-pave style.

Thank you!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
14k isnt going to help much.
You need to figure out how your smooshing it.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
How thin is the ring? If it''s thin, you may have to have it remade in a thicker more sturdy design.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you grip things hard/often like the steering wheel? A lot of things like that can bend a ring easily especially if the shank is thin...

ETA: If it looks like the Harry Winston ring indeed something like gripping a steering wheel could do it, that is a delicate ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results