shape
carat
color
clarity

Misshapen ring after 6 mos. - metal question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jacbride

Rough_Rock
I have had my 18k white gold and palladium engagement ring for 6 months and it has become very misshapen (the band seems "smooshed" and the setting now seems tilted). I don''t abuse it (never wear it to the gym, don''t wear it to bed, etc.) and I''m pretty concerned about the wear in only 6 months. My jeweler has offered to recast the ring in 14k (for $125) because he thinks I need something harder. Does this sound right to anyone? Should this have even happened in the first place?

- My ring style is very close to the Harry Winston micro-pave style.

Thank you!

14k isnt going to help much.
You need to figure out how your smooshing it.

How thin is the ring? If it''s thin, you may have to have it remade in a thicker more sturdy design.

Do you grip things hard/often like the steering wheel? A lot of things like that can bend a ring easily especially if the shank is thin...

ETA: If it looks like the Harry Winston ring indeed something like gripping a steering wheel could do it, that is a delicate ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP