shape
carat
color
clarity

Mint tourmaline from Jeff Davies in JuliaB setting

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
I posted about this stone in the vendors photos Vs real life thread, but I thought it deserved its own thread. This is a mint tourmaline cut by Jeff Davies in the UK, and I asked JuliaB on Etsy to make her French cut moissanite ring as a platinum setting only.

I just had it set by a local jeweller and I love the colour. I don't own many green stone rings - yet :)

My only niggle about it is that it's US size 3.5 and the setting is really designed for a much larger size IMO. There are 6 moissanites on each shoulder but really 3 or 4 would have been enough. You can't see the rest and it makes it very thick causing a gap between my fingers. I like my rings to be flush and comfortable. That's no one's fault really. I asked for this setting in this size and that is what I got.

Now photos! Excuse the bad nails. I've been learning to make jewellery and it wrecks my hands.

IMG_20201022_131440.jpg
IMG_20201022_131504.jpg
IMG_20201022_131525.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this. That color is so fresh and beautiful. And I love your setting too. Sorry about the size of the setting not being exactly as you wanted it to be. Lol I wish I had your amazing beautiful hand and small sized fingers. ❤

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
What a spectacular minty-gorgeous ring!! As a fellow person with tiny fingers, my suggestion is to try wearing it every day for a few weeks. I have found my fingers will get used to things, probably through tiny muscle increases in response to weight, gaps, etc.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone and ring, thanks for sharing. :kiss2:

Just wondering if there was a drawing or CAD that needed approval before the ring was made please? TIA.

DK :))

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
Lovely stone and ring, thanks for sharing. :kiss2:

Just wondering if there was a drawing or CAD that needed approval before the ring was made please? TIA.

DK :))

No CAD beforehand. I didn't want to send the stone to the US so I let Julia know the dimensions of the stone and sent a photo and she ensured that it would fit. It was a bit of a risk, but it all worked out. Also my local jeweller is pretty good. They hand-make high end jewellery and I always use them for alterations.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really a lovely home for your stone!! :kiss2:

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
What a spectacular minty-gorgeous ring!! As a fellow person with tiny fingers, my suggestion is to try wearing it every day for a few weeks. I have found my fingers will get used to things, probably through tiny muscle increases in response to weight, gaps, etc.

You're right! It's only been a day and it feels a lot less obtrusive. Thanks.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The stone and setting are a beautiful combination! :love:

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
I posted about this stone in the vendors photos Vs real life thread, but I thought it deserved its own thread. This is a mint tourmaline cut by Jeff Davies in the UK, and I asked JuliaB on Etsy to make her French cut moissanite ring as a platinum setting only.

I just had it set by a local jeweller and I love the colour. I don't own many green stone rings - yet :)

My only niggle about it is that it's US size 3.5 and the setting is really designed for a much larger size IMO. There are 6 moissanites on each shoulder but really 3 or 4 would have been enough. You can't see the rest and it makes it very thick causing a gap between my fingers. I like my rings to be flush and comfortable. That's no one's fault really. I asked for this setting in this size and that is what I got.

Now photos! Excuse the bad nails. I've been learning to make jewellery and it wrecks my hands.

IMG_20201022_131440.jpg
IMG_20201022_131504.jpg
IMG_20201022_131525.jpg

Just beautiful... Wow I love that mint green!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results