Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Mint tourmaline from Jeff Davies in JuliaB setting

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
I posted about this stone in the vendors photos Vs real life thread, but I thought it deserved its own thread. This is a mint tourmaline cut by Jeff Davies in the UK, and I asked JuliaB on Etsy to make her French cut moissanite ring as a platinum setting only.

I just had it set by a local jeweller and I love the colour. I don't own many green stone rings - yet :)

My only niggle about it is that it's US size 3.5 and the setting is really designed for a much larger size IMO. There are 6 moissanites on each shoulder but really 3 or 4 would have been enough. You can't see the rest and it makes it very thick causing a gap between my fingers. I like my rings to be flush and comfortable. That's no one's fault really. I asked for this setting in this size and that is what I got.

Now photos! Excuse the bad nails. I've been learning to make jewellery and it wrecks my hands.

IMG_20201022_131440.jpg
IMG_20201022_131504.jpg
IMG_20201022_131525.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this. That color is so fresh and beautiful. And I love your setting too. Sorry about the size of the setting not being exactly as you wanted it to be. Lol I wish I had your amazing beautiful hand and small sized fingers. ❤

Polyhex

Shiny_Rock
What a spectacular minty-gorgeous ring!! As a fellow person with tiny fingers, my suggestion is to try wearing it every day for a few weeks. I have found my fingers will get used to things, probably through tiny muscle increases in response to weight, gaps, etc.

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone and ring, thanks for sharing. :kiss2:

Just wondering if there was a drawing or CAD that needed approval before the ring was made please? TIA.

DK :))

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
Lovely stone and ring, thanks for sharing. :kiss2:

Just wondering if there was a drawing or CAD that needed approval before the ring was made please? TIA.

DK :))
No CAD beforehand. I didn't want to send the stone to the US so I let Julia know the dimensions of the stone and sent a photo and she ensured that it would fit. It was a bit of a risk, but it all worked out. Also my local jeweller is pretty good. They hand-make high end jewellery and I always use them for alterations.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really a lovely home for your stone!! :kiss2:

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
What a spectacular minty-gorgeous ring!! As a fellow person with tiny fingers, my suggestion is to try wearing it every day for a few weeks. I have found my fingers will get used to things, probably through tiny muscle increases in response to weight, gaps, etc.
You're right! It's only been a day and it feels a lot less obtrusive. Thanks.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Elizabeth Taylor's Diamond Heart
    Elizabeth Taylor's Diamond Heart
    Tips for Black Friday Engagement Ring Shopping
    Tips for Black Friday Engagement Ring Shopping
    Get The Look: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Get The Look: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.