color
clarity

Mint Green Tourmaline Setting

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay or nay?

Definitely yay!!! =)2

Ask for their ideal cut melee, it sparkles like crazy!
Thank you! I can’t wait to see the finished ring.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a question about how you know if a setting is protective enough for tourmaline. I love the proportions of the CAD—gorgeous design! But is it still protected enough if the tourmaline extends a little above and below the pears? You have prongs there, so that should offer protection too.

I can’t wait to see the finished ring!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a question about how you know if a setting is protective enough for tourmaline. I love the proportions of the CAD—gorgeous design! But is it still protected enough if the tourmaline extends a little above and below the pears? You have prongs there, so that should offer protection too.

I can’t wait to see the finished ring!

I have no idea! :?:

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is interesting to know. That tourmalines are porous. That is not a good thing? They can cloud?

Read the previous comments...apparently it was dirty....not porous...but I. admit to being skeptical. I rarely wear my ring these days...because the stone is easily knicked.

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Read the previous comments...apparently it was dirty....not porous...but I. admit to being skeptical. I rarely wear my ring these days...because the stone is easily knicked.

Looks like the conversation was deleted. Whatever. I love the stone, btw.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy. So the ring is done, but in white gold. I think it’s because that’s what I originally asked about, but I specifically said I wanted platinum instead while we were still on the CADs. The price difference is negligible.

Have it remade? Or just keep the WG and call it a day?

BEA35D66-78BB-47EE-B11A-E24BD035B663.jpeg B520343C-5C55-4E97-83C1-84FA53F35FE8.jpeg 959B7784-E589-460C-AE58-8F7599B5009C.jpeg C8467632-3B75-4620-B0D5-CFCABBC382EA.jpeg

Here’s a comparison with the inspiration:
898FCF22-F3D7-49D2-A6F9-8788A7084C5B.jpeg

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous! I love it :love:.
If you like the patina that platinum develops and you had your heart set on it, I would have it re-made because it might always bother you. I love white gold though and wouldn’t have it re-made personally. Sorry things didn’t go as planned with the metal used. The finished piece is beautiful!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@2Neezers yeah, I think it will bug me that it's not platinum. I like the substantial feel of it. DK apologized for the mix-up and is recasting it. =)2

Once I have her in hand, I'll do a proper SMTB thread for her.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@2Neezers yeah, I think it will bug me that it's not platinum. I like the substantial feel of it. DK apologized for the mix-up and is recasting it. =)2

Once I have her in hand, I'll do a proper SMTB thread for her.
It would bug me too if I had my heart set on platinum. I’m glad to hear he is recasting it for you and you are getting exactly what you had wanted =)2. I can’t wait to see your SMTB thread!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results