shape
carat
color
clarity

Mint garnet in rose gold & Chartreuse chrysoberyl in 2 tone

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Re: Mint garnet in rose gold & Chartreuse chrysoberyl in 2 t

Very interesting TL! Spoken like a true artist, though I must admit I was quite surprised when I read that you were trying to play up a modifier. You've certainly piqued my curiosity on the subject of chrysoberyls!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Indy,
Actually the green is a secondary color of the hue greenish-yellow, not a modifier. Just had to say that. Modifiers are grey or brown, and not really hues, like greenish yellow. The grey (cool colored stones) or brown (warm colored stones) in various strengths help to desaturate the color of the hue.

I will respond to everyone's individual comment later. I really appreciate all comments, honest, bad, or good. :))

Thank you.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock

TL, they're gorgeous! I love those colors and the settings are perfect. You always have such beautiful new pieces. :))

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wow TL, they are both just lovely, but I'm in LOVE with that Chryso! Is that an elongated LOGR Legacy?

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

TL,

Beautiful settings that fit your stones really nicely. I like how you're thinking. The chrysoberyl likes its setting to my eyes, it really flatters it (of course, that neon bomb doesn't need any flattering). I especially like the setting for that minty garnet. Wow. It's a pretty setting and just a killer combo.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock

Both rings are amazing and the stones have a really great colour. The settings are really nice too.

libramom

Shiny_Rock

TL the mint garnet and rose gold is a lovely combo, and your chrysoberyl all I can say is WOW :love:

LM

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

Ahh, thank you TL! The mystery has been explained. :bigsmile:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sleepy Spinel,
Glad you're thinking of using rose gold for your mints. I love the combo! Thank you for your kind words.

Vapid,
Yes, I think I posted a zillion photos of this chrysoberyl, but it's one of the most photogenic stones I own. I love taking pictures of it. Thank you for the kind words.

Yingh,
I was at the Field Museum yesterday and they did have a greenish yellow diamond on display this very same color. The problem was it was probably 10 points!! LOL! The greenish yellow diamonds are really hard to come by, I wish I had one. Oh well, this is my poor man's version. LOL!! Thanks you for your kind words.

Marcy, Lovinggems, Thank you so much!!

Crasru,
You alwasy say the sweetest most thoughtful things, thank you.

Bookworm, Thank you so much!!

Davi,
Speaking of museum gems, I have some more chrysoberyl photos from the museum to upload. It's always fun going there to see their gem collection. Thank you for the kind words.

Burberrygirl, Thank you so much!!

LTP,
Actually I didn't use the Legacy. From the top it looks identical to the Legacy, but I used this oval halo to make the setting since it was way more affordable. It doesn't have the diamond studded surprise gallery, but it looks identical to my 8x8 LOGR legacies in diamond size and gold presence from the top.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Diamond-14k-Whi...ViewItem&pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item335ed0823b
Thank you so much for the kind words.

MariedTiger, I love the word "neonbomb." LOL! Thank you so much.

Oddoneout and Libramom, Thank you so much!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

szh07 said:
Ahh, thank you TL! The mystery has been explained. :bigsmile:

You're welcome Indy. I really love the green in that stone.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Nice rings, TL. I really like that green-blue color of the garnet. Clearly you have a thing for bright colors and lots of sparkle and a way to make it happen on a budget. I think it is great that you are able to post so many fine examples of beautiful and affordable jewelry for people here to enjoy and learn from. Wonderful use of color in those settings. There is more to think about than just, do I use white or yellow gold? These are a couple of lovely projects, and I'm sure you will get a lot of enjoyment from wearing these rings.

Now, if we could just get you to do similar work in the area of pendants! :naughty:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you Flygirl, your comments mean a lot to me as I do try to help people find beautiful gems that are not only beautiful, but affordable. You don't have to spend $$$$$ to get something beautiful. ;))

BTW, I finally found the gymshoes that remind me of the color of my chrysoberyl in incandescent light. I had the webpage at one point, and then lost it. I was helping a friend find a chrysoberyl, and to describe the color, I printed out a photo of these gymshoes, and placed it next to my stone face down (it sparkles too much face up). When looking for a chrysoberyl, you should try to find saturate color, and I thought this was a good example, to place it next to a printout of these gymshoes and show how it matches it quite well. I know this is kind of silly, but since my camera has so many limitations, I thought this was helpful in conveying the true color. Ignore the grey in the gymshoes on the heel :lol: As you can see the actual web photo is much brighter than the photo of the printout I made. My camera tends to mute color quite a bit.

http://www.myairshoes.com/nike/nike-dunkesto-neon.html

nike-dunkesto-neon-yellow.jpg

TLneongreenchrysgyms.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Nice choices! While I'm not a fan of the chartreuse color, the yellow gold halo definitely complements it well. I also think I'd like to reset my mint garnet in rose gold at some point (I have it in a cheapo second-hand yellow gold setting right now).

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

I like both rings, especially the chrysoberyl :appl: :appl: Congrats!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TL,
Are you serious about wearing black during a summer day????? Lovely rings and stones; I love how the chrysoberyl’s colour reflects off the metal and of course, I am partial to Harry Winston-ish setting of the mint garnet.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock

Wow! I'm so in awe of the mint garnet... amazing...

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

Wowza TL! :lickout: I love both rings but that chryso is :love:. The gym shoes though, not so much. :lol:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

I love that butterfly setting for the mint garnet; it's too cute.

The chrysoberyl looks amazing; it must be like walking around with a flashlight strapped to your finger.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jstar, thank you for your honest opinion. Even though some colors are not for everyone, it's nice to hear one's thoughts.

Chictomato, thank you so much!!

Chrono, it was a very thin black tee-shirt. Honestly, it's my favorite color for clothing, I love black!! Thanks for the kind words.

Nashville, Brandy, Thank you so much!!

Kismet, Thank you for the kind words. I think there is a battery pack on the chrysoberyl. I heard that these new neon chrysoberyls discovered in Tanzania have some vanadium, but I'm not sure how reliable that information is.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock

TL, both rings are stunning!!! The YG really complements the radioactive chryso, it showcases it nicely without competing with it and the milgraining gives it that vintage look. The minty garnet has such a nice hypnotizing color, and the RG contrasts it perfectly. I was looking at that LOGr setting too, and I am definitely getting that for a future project.

Well done!!! :appl:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MMM, Pretty!
I love that minty green. :naughty:

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock

TL: Your mint garnet looks great in the rose gold setting. I really like the color of the stone. It looks more like a blue/green tourmaline, but more brilliant. Your chrysoberyl is so neon you need sunglasses.

AN

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:love:

I love love LOVE that Chrystoberyl! The setting worked out very well for it.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

platinumrock said:
TL, both rings are stunning!!! The YG really complements the radioactive chryso, it showcases it nicely without competing with it and the milgraining gives it that vintage look. The minty garnet has such a nice hypnotizing color, and the RG contrasts it perfectly. I was looking at that LOGr setting too, and I am definitely getting that for a future project.

Well done!!! :appl:

Thank you PR,
You are so sweet.

You know, as much as people love the mint garnet, my photos show a very washed out gem. I took about a billion more photos, and this is about as true as the color it is IRL. I tried to get some color out of the gem with my pitiful camera that hates green. The video of the gem, if people remember it from Tan, is also showing a very bluish cast to the garnet, so it's not washed out like my photos on the prior page suggest.

TLmintgarnetblue2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny said:
MMM, Pretty!
I love that minty green. :naughty:

Thank you Kenny. I see you will have the king of mint stones soon though yourself :naughty:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Art Nouveau said:
TL: Your mint garnet looks great in the rose gold setting. I really like the color of the stone. It looks more like a blue/green tourmaline, but more brilliant. Your chrysoberyl is so neon you need sunglasses.

AN

AN,
You have really good eyes. It does look more like a tourmaline, than a garnet, in color. It kind of reminds me of the color of this stone
http://www.jewelryexpert.com/catalog/Paraiba-Tingle-Ring.htm and I've never seen a garnet that glows. This stone glows! :shock:

Thank you for the kind words.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian said:
:love:

I love love LOVE that Chrystoberyl! The setting worked out very well for it.

-A

Thank you Arcadian. I adore that ring, have been wearing it every day too!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock

Both of your stones are just breathtaking, and as usual, you did a wonderful job of finding just the right setting.... Thanks for the new picture you just posted.

I just love looking at everyone's bright colored stones, but I'm afraid it hasn't been very good on my pocketbook. I had never heard of a "mahenge spinel" or a chrysoberyl before I started hanging out on here. I'd seen a lot of Alexandrite pictures and knew they were totally out of my budget, but a beautiful chysoberyl (if I can ever find one) might actually be doable.

I don't know whether to thank you (and the other's with these great stones) or curse you - LOL. I was supposed to get more educated by coming on this site, not more broke. :shock:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, TL, that’s the nicest picture of your mint you’ve taken so far. Love the colour AND the dispersion!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

Daaaa-yum!! That chrysoberyl is electric!! It's absolutely stunning in that setting!! :love: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results