shape
carat
color
clarity

Mint Afghani garnet from Gene at Precisiongem

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene cut me this stone recently since I needed something to fit my Legacy-esque LOGR, and I was having trouble finding something for it. I had a mint garnet or tourmaline in mind the whole time. Here is his picture of the stone. Okay, this is NOT a garnet. This is a tourmaline, I had a brain burp, sorry.

afgan_mint_tourmaline.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You cannot see the veil at the bottom left with the naked eye. It is a minty bluish green.

Here it is in the box (sorry for the fuzzy photo).

mint_in_box.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is in the LOGR that I''ve had sitting around for eons.

mint_in_logr.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is really pretty, love the color

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto love the colour!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
TL, that sucker is STUNNING! I''m so glad you found a stone you''d like to set in your setting!
36.gif

Although, I will miss it as a prop for your various gems.
2.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
TL, that is going to look fabulous. Love the mint green.

I saw the rings you listed on top of the forum. The two tone ring with your diamond is absolutely devine!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda, Bling_Addict, LTP and Mochi,
Thank you all for the kind words. These two are going to the jewelers tomorrow to be set. So excited. Here's a little tiny spessertite than Gene also cut, only about a quarter carat, but that's just how good his cutting is, it just glows. He's a very talented man. I just wish I had a better camera because it doesn't do the stones justice. You are all very kind, and thanks for noticing my diamond ring Mochi.

three_in_a_box.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
TL, you have some real beauties in your collection....along with your amazing reset diamond ring.....LOVE THEM ALL!!!
30.gif

Lori

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loriken,
Thank you. I find it quite amazing that the top two stones are both tourmalines, but they are so completely different in color. This is why I am so in love with this gem species.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color is green perfection. You really have a knack for choosing beautiful gems. I adore it!

Lisa

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it''s beautiful. I love it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a gorgeous color and will look terrific in your ring.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another winner TL! You have great taste. It''s perfect and I''m so glad to see a picture of it in the LOGR setting because that''s how I''m setting mine (also from Gene) but didn''t have a setting to see what it looked like!

I can''t wait to see the finished result. Please post pictures won''t you?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks LD,
You are so sweet. I am going to have the jeweler cut off the prongs and bezel set it in the ring like a true Tiffany piece that this ring is trying to emulate. The stone sat very low in the setting, so I opted for bezeling it. I think because of the light saturation of the stone, this will enhance it.

Thanks Marcyc, Catmom and LisaRn, you are all very kind.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, stone me....with color stones, please.....but i so love your new garnet WITHOUT the halo!

i also love the picture of the 3 stones together.....that''s probably why i like it w/o the halo.

movie zombie

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absoultely love your honesty MZ!!

I actually am nutso over halos, however if I had my drothers, I would surrond the mint tourmaline by bright yellow orange spessartites like the little one I pictured vs white diamonds. I love the mint and the bright neon orange together.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
TL, that''s sooo lovely! I love the color - it''s very fresh and pretty!

I can''t wait to see the finished ring - I think taking the prongs off and bezeling''s a great idea. It''s going to look amazing!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2008 7:02:54 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I absoultely love your honesty MZ!!

I actually am nutso over halos, however if I had my drothers, I would surrond the mint tourmaline by bright yellow orange spessartites like the little one I pictured vs white diamonds. I love the mint and the bright neon orange together.
one day, dear TL, one day.....you will do just that: surround that baby with orange! it would be striking!

movie zombie

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is bezel set - it just glows inside the bezel. I love it. Had to show it next to my rubellite, also set.

tourmaline_logr_afghan2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more

tourmaline_logr_afghan1.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif

You were right about the colour being enhanced. You can really see the green and the blues in the stone can''t you?

A lovely pressie for the New Year!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, both rings are just GORGEOUS!!!!!
30.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
TL, the rings are gorgeous. Love how the mint green glows inthe setting, it's very pretty! You did get the prongs off.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2008 2:48:12 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
One more

Stone looks great in the bezel! Good confirmation for my own bezel hopes. I really like the color of your stone, and Gene''s faceting is fantastic.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely lovely!!!!! Halos are my favorite right now and your rings are just so beautiful. Will you wear them with bands? Which hand and with what will you wear them with ? Will you wear more then one colored stone on a hand? I hate to ask so many questions but I like to get some ideas on how posters wear their rings. It shows some of their personality, and I really love your collection.

Regards,
Lisa

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/27/2008 10:52:14 PM
Author: LisaRN
Absolutely lovely!!!!! Halos are my favorite right now and your rings are just so beautiful. Will you wear them with bands? Which hand and with what will you wear them with ? Will you wear more then one colored stone on a hand? I hate to ask so many questions but I like to get some ideas on how posters wear their rings. It shows some of their personality, and I really love your collection.

Regards,
Lisa
Thanks to everyone for their kind words on my tourmaline ring.

Lisa,
Yes, I wear more than one colored stone on a hand. I really enjoy looking at them, and I wear them more for my pleasure than for the sake of being fashionable. However, I don't wear rings on every finger, maybe two rings to a hand. I can't stop wearing my green and pink diamond ring though, so that one will be taking up prime finger real estate for some time! Ha!!

Gemstones are really a great love of mine, and I really enjoy looking at nature's works of art (with some slight man made modifications of course in the cutting!). I don't plan on getting any bands since I buy rings primarily to set a center gemstone in them. I hope that answers your questions, and thank you so much for the compliments.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/27/2008 6:04:32 PM
Author: mochi
TL, the rings are gorgeous. Love how the mint green glows inthe setting, it''s very pretty! You did get the prongs off.
Mochi,
Yes, I had them saw off the prongs and replace them with a white gold bezel.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG that''s just AMAZING - I LOVE both rings, but especially the mint - you''re right it just glows in that setting
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results