shape
carat
color
clarity

minimum diameter to maximum diameter

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SOCKS

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am looking for a 2 karat round cut diamond. I am trying to find out what measurements are considered excelent. In particular, I am interested to learn more about minimum diameter to maximum diameter, depth.

I appreciate any advises.

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
Dig into the knowledge links at the top of your browser

Play with the Cut Advisor under tools

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Keep the total depth between 59 - 61.8% while maintaining a crown angle between 34.3 - 34.8 degrees balanced with a pavilion angle between 40.6 - 40.9 degrees with a 0.7% thin to 2.1% slightly thick girdle, preferably faceted or polished and you'll be off to a good start. You'll notice that we didn't nail down a table measurement, it isn't so critical as long as you get the crown and pavilion angles within a reasonable tolerance of one another. Note that other combinations of crown and pavilion angles will produce similar results, but this will pretty much take the guess work out of the proportions portion of the puzzle. If the total depth exceeds 61.8% you'll start to pay for carat weight that you won't see / benefit from visually because it's getting lost in the total depth of the stone - as the total depth increases, the outside diameter / visual surface of the diamond decreases accordingly.

SOCKS

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your explanation. I don't think GIA report includes crown and pavilion angles. Should I try to visiually estimate an angle?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/22/2004 12:25:58 PM SOCKS wrote:

Thanks for your explanation. I don't think GIA report includes crown and pavilion angles. Should I try to visiually estimate an angle? ----------------

No offense, Socks,
2.gif
2.gif
9.gif
but I don't know anyone who can visually estimate those angles!!! The vendor should be able to provide you with a sarin report, which will give you the numbers you need.

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results