shape
carat
color
clarity

"MINE CUT" ????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zferretlvr

Rough_Rock
I have been looking through some of the posts here in search of the answer to "What is a 'mine cut'?" I have been to most of the sites recommended on this board. This is the first interactive move I have made. So....can anyway tell me what is meant by the term 'mine' when referring to the cut. I could not find the answer before the end of the eBay auction so it's "MINE" now. Thanks.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,Well, actually in the glossary of the tutorial on this site, you could have found this very basic definition of a mine cut diamond.MINE CUT DIAMOND
An early form of the brilliant diamond with a squarish-shaped girdle, high crown, small table, deep pavilion, and very large culet.Here is more information for you: http://www.midwestgems.com/oldmine20.html An expert in this area is David Atlas, www.gemappraisers.com. You can contact him if you want more information about what you bought.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results