shape
carat
color
clarity

"MINE CUT" ????

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by zferretlvr, May 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. zferretlvr
    Rough_Rock

by zferretlvr » May 5, 2001
    I have been looking through some of the posts here in search of the answer to "What is a 'mine cut'?" I have been to most of the sites recommended on this board. This is the first interactive move I have made. So....can anyway tell me what is meant by the term 'mine' when referring to the cut. I could not find the answer before the end of the eBay auction so it's "MINE" now. Thanks.

2. lawmax
    Brilliant_Rock

by lawmax » May 5, 2001
    Hi,Well, actually in the glossary of the tutorial on this site, you could have found this very basic definition of a mine cut diamond.MINE CUT DIAMOND
    An early form of the brilliant diamond with a squarish-shaped girdle, high crown, small table, deep pavilion, and very large culet.Here is more information for you: http://www.midwestgems.com/oldmine20.html An expert in this area is David Atlas, www.gemappraisers.com. You can contact him if you want more information about what you bought. [​IMG]

3. zferretlvr
    Rough_Rock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.