shape
carat
color
clarity

Mind clean

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been anti-lab diamonds for years. I have had a difficult time wrapping my mind around the mind-clean issue for a long time-and I always have had a dilemma because I love so many styles and love collecting wedding sets or wearing variety. This poses a problem as buying multiple large quality diamonds is just not realistic for me. Recently, I took my diamond out of a beautiful sapphire trilogy to put back into a channel set. One set was either going to have a cz or I had to break through the “mind clean” issue. I tried a white sapphire and it looked like crap. If I wanted to have both sets with a nice 7.5mm diamond for that shine, I knew I had to get a lab. So I finally bought one!!! I have a 7.5 mm EVVS2 coming on Tuesday and can’t me more excited! Now it’s just a small dilemma of which set I put the lab diamond into: the more expensive sapphire trilogy or the channel set that is like my original wedding set?
I am so happy that I finally have bought a lab! I will have some gorgeous sets and they will look beautiful-period.

looking forward to eventual hand shots

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
i dont like the sound of your friend
she better make up for it in other ways is all i can say

@Daisys and Diamonds She is not someone I would normally have as a friend..She is very judgmental…but I’m actually newer to that little group..by ten years…so it’s not like I can cut her out.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds She is not someone I would normally have as a friend..She is very judgmental…but I’m actually newer to that little group..by ten years…so it’s not like I can cut her out.

just be careful to not put yourself into a situation where she can ever demoralize you

i suspect from experience with these type of 'friends' its not even jelousy but rather that there is something lacking in her life and it gives her a lift to say bi*chy things to others :(2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
just be careful to not put yourself into a situation where she can ever demoralize you

i suspect from experience with these type of 'friends' its not even jelousy but rather that there is something lacking in her life and it gives her a lift to say bi*chy things to others :(2

Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds..I tend to worry more about people’s opinion of me if I care about them. I care about her as a human being but nit as a close friend..so I feel shielded from being hurt by her.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom Christmas is over so I thought I would start looking for a 1.5 ctw pair of lab stones to make studs. I know you were struggling with the mind clean aspect..Have you made any progress as far as setting them?
I don’t NEED another pair of studs..so I will be happy to get lab diamonds for these since the price difference is significant. I’m also not a spring chicken so I feel like I would be buying them for whoever inherits them! :lol: I don’t plan on going anywhere for a long time..but you can’t be too prepared! I have my good pair that are plenty big for me...I also have my eye clean mutt studs in a bezel...I just want a much smaller pair than my 3.04 good pair. I want six prong settings just like the moissanite pair I gave to my friend. These will be a half carat tw larger..
I would love some help picking out a pair in D..E..vs1 or vvs2..1.5 ctw..I will send them to DK to make the settings.
I hope everyone had a great holiday!
Thank you so much!

I’m going to keep the stones and will set them into 6 prong crown settings. I’m excited for you. When I get home I’ll help you look. @DejaWiz and @Kim N are great to finding good stones. If you want white and clear I would stick with D because the D from IGI is hit or miss. I had one that was white white and one not as much.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m going to keep the stones and will set them into 6 prong crown settings. I’m excited for you. When I get home I’ll help you look. @DejaWiz and @Kim N are great to finding good stones. If you want white and clear I would stick with D because the D from IGI is hit or miss. I had one that was white white and one not as much.

Thank you so much @LLJsmom! I’ll stick with D.
@DejaWiz @Kim N I would love your help!
I will also have them set in six prong crown settings.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much @LLJsmom! I’ll stick with D.
@DejaWiz @Kim N I would love your help!
I will also have them set in six prong crown settings.

Jump start a new thread and we'll scour over the inventories of numerous sellers to give you some great options to select from. :)

Peary

Shiny_Rock
To the original question, I think it’s just because lab made diamonds are cheaper. If right now for example, lab costs 10x more than mined because lab is deemed more exclusive, whereas mined is considered mass produced and thus more people can afford mined than labs, then people may not feel mind clean wearing earthed if the tables were turned that way.

If I could comfortably afford either mined or lab, but chose the less expensive option because I’m super cheap and frugal or have some other ethical reasons or other, then I wouldn’t have a mind clean issue.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results