shape
carat
color
clarity

Milgrain on Shank... why?

sparklyforever

Shiny_Rock
why when I see rings on PS with the french cut or bead set pave on the shanks is there always milgrain on the side walls?
is it "wrong" to have it smooth?

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I have pave on 3 sides of my setting and I requested it without millegrain. Just a person preference.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is just a personal preference. I have one with and one without.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, just a personal preference. Nothing wrong about choosing to not have it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reason probably is that the styles are coming from the art deco period where milgrain was normally on such designs. So those who love those designs will usually want the milgrain. But others prefer modern design and don't want it. Just preference as the others have said.

sparklyforever

Shiny_Rock
i thought this ring didn't have milgrain on it.. but she mentions having "double"... what the heck is double???
when i really really look - i think it does...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrssalvo|1306584552|2932340 said:
you know what, you are right, I missed it in the description and I didn't see it in the pictures she posted but do see it in the one's she posted that Victor took. I think double milgrain mean 2 tiny rows vs. one thicker row...

well, here is a beadset pave ring with no milgrain...

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/ritani-jewelry/rings/51QQ1/7/

When I first saw the pictures I thought, gosh, that doesn't look right without the milgrain! But then reading it, I saw that she said it had it and that the pictures were the problem. I can see in Victor's pictures that he does very fine milgrain, though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results