shape
carat
color
clarity

Mikomoto design inspiration

Chardonnay

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I have been lurking this Pearl forum and learning that Takahashi should be one of good vendor to go with. I like this particular style from Mikimoto but they pearls are 8mm, small for my liking ...I want to get 10 mm. Would you recommend me to reach out Takahashi to inquire about this,(doesn't have to be exact same design but something similar) ? Is there any other vendors should I looked at ? (I looked at Pearl Paradise but didn't find style I like) - Thank you
Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 1.45.44 PM.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should think a floral stud motif with a dangling pearl is a fairly standard sort of design. You could definitely ask.

Warning, though, finding a 9.5-10mm or 10-10.5mm tippy top pair of matched gem akoya is going to be impossible. From any vendor. If you’re willing to compromise on size, exacting match, or quality, it goes from “not possible” to “doable” quite quickly.

10mm is a happy place for WSS… Although perfectly matched top quality gem WSS are no walk in the park either. But that’s going to be more doable than akoya.

For WSS - find out what pearls Pearl Paradise has available first, if you’re based in the US or Canada. Pearl Paradise can source findings not listed on the website.

Chardonnay

Rough_Rock
Thank you, I think I like pink hue on White Akoya pearls, is it hard to find pink hue on WSS ? Is buying pearls from takahashi and have a local jeweler design the earring is an option ? any other online store you would suggest beside pearl paradise ?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It isn’t hard to find pink in WSS, exactly... But what’s going to be hard is finding a nice, well-matched pair. You can probably guess that it’s much harder to find a matched pair than a singleton! The same thing is true re. Finding a matched akoya pair - but pink is certainly more common (the norm) with akoya.

So… You’re going to have to work with what vendors can find for you. What’s your budget for this project?

Yes. You can 100% buy pearls and findings separately. Different vendors will have different findings availability and resources.

For WSS my go-to vendors would be Pearl Paradise and Paspaley. For akoya - Takahashi!

Last edited:

Gabor

Rough_Rock
@yssie How do you buy from Paspaley? Do you ask for pictures to be sent first or you trust that whatever they send you will be of high quality? I've been eyeing some of their earrings and seems pretty simple to order from their website. I also like bigger pearl sizes for earrings, even for everyday wear.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie How do you buy from Paspaley? Do you ask for pictures to be sent first or you trust that whatever they send you will be of high quality? I've been eyeing some of their earrings and seems pretty simple to order from their website. I also like bigger pearl sizes for earrings, even for everyday wear.

I was very lucky, a friend very kindly went to look at pearls in-person for me! And introduced me to her SA, whom I would now trust "blind". However, I have also sent some questions in via their personal shopper service and received timely and helpful answers, so I should certainly think you could request more info about specific pieces that way!

For assistance with your online purchase, information or help, please contact our Personal Shopper:
+61 (0) 2 9775 1075 [email protected]
Our online Personal Shopper is available Monday through Friday, from 9AM - 5PM (AEST), excluding holidays. Voicemails will be returned the next business day.

Gabor

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Yssie! What a real luxury to have a friend and SA to help you like that! I do have an old friend in Sydney myself and while I'm sure she would go to the store and look for me, she would probably not be able to tell the difference between this and that pearl, most people cannot. There is another Australian pearl company with a similar concept, Autore Pearls, do you have anything from them or know anything about them? Just curious, as they also seem to have a relatively small selection of what looks like high end, high quality stuff.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gabor

Rough_Rock
Awesome!! SO sweet :kiss2: I see you have lots more info on Paspaley, I'll have so much fun reading this!!

love_pearls

Shiny_Rock
Have def heard of Autore, don't have anything from the brand though!

It was really very kind of my friend to go pearls shopping for me ❤️ And she's a PSer with a keen eye so I knew I could trust her opinion! ::)
Here's my thread! https://www.pricescope.com/communit...spaley-wf-and-pearl-paradise-❤️.270436/page-2

Thanks so much for the link.

Not sure what to add from Paspaley yet as their pearls are larger.

Maybe one pearl from the chest? Board box and put it inside the net necklace?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not trying to thread jack, but I definitely plan to order something from paspaley in the next 6 months or so using the personal shopper. Happy to report on how it goes!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for the link.

Not sure what to add from Paspaley yet as their pearls are larger.

Maybe one pearl from the chest? Board box and put it inside the net necklace?

That’s exactly what I did, if you don’t mind waiting for a pearl board two thumbs up on the recommendation :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not trying to thread jack, but I definitely plan to order something from paspaley in the next 6 months or so using the personal shopper. Happy to report on how it goes!

Curious what you’re looking at but will hold off asking until you share ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results