shape
carat
color
clarity

Microneedling for skin and/or Microblading for eyebrows?

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Y'all don't need to buy Latisse. There's an over the counter one that works great! Check out Grandelash LASH-MD on Amazon! My daughter tried it and it works great!
I'm getting all of the goodies from this thread! Thanks for the recommendation ;-)

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Been there, done that with Latisse... I used it for 2 solid years, and have a couple of friends who used it as well with similar results. But here's the thing... The first 12 weeks are AMAZING as you see your lashes grow longer/darker/thicker, but they were never as nice again. Once the lash went through the normal shedding cycle and new ones grew back, I was never able to achieve the same result -- not even close. I kept it up for almost another 2 years, but it was not to be... :(

Recently, I started doing the LashLift and tint (at BRASH) paired with some good mascara - BOOM! Big 'ole curly lashes for 8-10 weeks for $100... that's way less than I spent on Latisse!
Ugh. I'm so glad you shared this info with me!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. I'm so glad you shared this info with me!

I know some ppl may have great results, but the three of us just didn't after the first 12 weeks. And Latisse is do damn expensive to not be awesome ALL the time. I do highly recommend the LashLift though!! :)

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@msop4 now I'm super curious about the LashLift!

Do you know if someone with dry eyes can get it? :blackeye:

And how did you pick your salon, did you ask certain questions to make sure the person knew what they were doing?

(BTW is a LashLift the same as a Lash Perm?)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@msop4 now I'm super curious about the LashLift!

Do you know if someone with dry eyes can get it? :blackeye:

And how did you pick your salon, did you ask certain questions to make sure the person knew what they were doing?

(BTW is a LashLift the same as a Lash Perm?)

As far as I know, unless you are allergic to the solution, anyone can get it. I was referred to Rene by a colleague. Her daughter, Lindsey, is the "lash girl"... Check out their instagram for cool before and afters of microblading (brows by Rene) and all things lashes (lashes by Lindsey) @brash_browandlashbar

Yes, they are the same. :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had lash lift recently, I’ve got small hooded eyes, and I thought the results were really good.

I went for a patch test 48 hrs beforehand and it was fine. You don’t get any of the solution in your eyes (as long as the beautician knows what’s she’s doing) and I’d definitely do it again.

One of my friends commented that she lost lashes after it grew out, but I certainly haven’t had that experience.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been considering the eyebrow microblading.
Does it gently fade over time?
I'm concerned about getting older and having eyebrows that stand out because they no longer match my face coloring later on.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm concerned about getting older and having eyebrows that stand out because they no longer match my face coloring later on.

Jimmianne, it isn't permanent and fades over time lasting anywhere from a year to 3 years for most people. Though I am linking you something that says it lasts 2-5 years so obviously it varies.

I don't remember if you scar easily or form keloids but that is one contraindication. I do remember you have many allergies so you must be careful about that as it can cause allergic reactions. And if one has sensitive skin it might also be contraindicated. It can be amazing for many people. A game changer. But it isn't for everyone so do your due diligence and research the pros and cons. I had considered it for my condition but sadly I cannot do it but maybe you can if it is something you want to do.

Ask your dermatologist about it also and see what he/she says.

https://maccablo.com/pros-and-cons-of-microblading-after-care-tips/

https://www.popsugar.com/beauty/Microblading-Side-Effects-Long-Term-43908632

https://www.shefinds.com/collections/scary-downside-microblading/

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I've been doing micro needling myself for about 8 years now.

I also swear by Obagi and Facercise.

I get compliments on my skin all the time and I enjoy the shock when people find out my age!

For micro needling, I'd recommend going to an experienced practitioner though.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I checked out the Vida Glow and see that there are many products in this line. How does one decide which to choose?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I get compliments on my skin all the time and I enjoy the shock when people find out my age!

@Lorelei where do you purchase Obagi? I see it can be purchased from the Dermatologists to Wal-Mart and Overstock.
I've been using Rodan & Fields and thinking of trying a different product line.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lorelei where do you purchase Obagi? I see it can be purchased from the Dermatologists to Wal-Mart and Overstock.
I've been using Rodan & Fields and thinking of trying a different product line.

Hi Bright Ice,

I'm in the UK so I get it from my dermatologist or you can get it from well known sites such as the ones you mention and some others, but you can only get the FX variety for Clear and Blender, I find it still works well though. I use basically the blender with 1.0% tretinoin ( but that's the really big gun and you have to work up to that one, sorry, don't know if you're familiar with Obagi). The tretinoin I get on prescription from my derm but even if you just use tretinoin/ Retin A prescription, it's the best thing to use for your skin.

So basically my routine is as follows. Cetaphil to cleanse, then Obagi or Skinceuticals Vitamin C serum 20%, but you might not need such a strong one. I wait 15 minutes then apply Obagi sunscreen factor 50. Not everyone's a fan of this product as it is very matt but I like the porcelain doll look so I don't mind. You can always brighten things up once you put makeup on then a bit of shimmer such as Guerlain Meteorites or highlighter on the high points of the face. Then at night, Cetaphil again and the tretinoin mixed with Obagi Blender and a lash treatment ( Rapidlash). That's it, that's all I do.

Apart from needling when needed but that's not often.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also Obagi can be a challenge to use till your skin adjusts, you can get a lot of redness and peeling but it wears off once your skin gets used to it, time and time again I get compliments on my skin and sometimes I don't even bother with foundation as I don't really need it. I never thought that would be the case in my mid years.

I think really you just need three products for great skin. Vitamin C serum for mornings after cleansing, a high factor sunscreen and tretinoin, that's all.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What dermaroller do you use? How often do you use it?

I’ve been looking at face yoga videos for months now and they all seem different, do you have a favorite?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do what I do - brow tint! When I get my brows shaped I get a brow tint too. It's a vegetable dye applied to the brow. It gently fades over 3 weeks.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What dermaroller do you use? How often do you use it?

I’ve been looking at face yoga videos for months now and they all seem different, do you have a favorite?

You can get rollers from various places HC, I tend to use non branded 1.5 to 2mm versions but they can hurt! Best to start with 0.5mm or 1mm to begin with, the best routine for me is monthly.

I love Facercise by Carol Maggio, I've been doing that for about 8 years now and my facial muscles are really strong. So it's a multi level approach. Facercise for the foundation, dermarolling and Obagi for the house paint!

I forgot to mention I also use Obagi Exfoderm to remove dead skin, I use the Forte version.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do what I do - brow tint! When I get my brows shaped I get a brow tint too. It's a vegetable dye applied to the brow. It gently fades over 3 weeks.
Like this, PB
I've been doing the daily brow makeup. This sounds better!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought of microblading as my brows are now thin, despite that I only plucked them in my early teens, I left them alone ever since. They come up fine with crafty pencilling but I'd prefer something more permanent, I'm just so scared of it looking unnatural.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Bright Ice,

I'm in the UK so I get it from my dermatologist or you can get it from well known sites such as the ones you mention and some others, but you can only get the FX variety for Clear and Blender, I find it still works well though. I use basically the blender with 1.0% tretinoin ( but that's the really big gun and you have to work up to that one, sorry, don't know if you're familiar with Obagi). The tretinoin I get on prescription from my derm but even if you just use tretinoin/ Retin A prescription, it's the best thing to use for your skin.

So basically my routine is as follows. Cetaphil to cleanse, then Obagi or Skinceuticals Vitamin C serum 20%, but you might not need such a strong one. I wait 15 minutes then apply Obagi sunscreen factor 50. Not everyone's a fan of this product as it is very matt but I like the porcelain doll look so I don't mind. You can always brighten things up once you put makeup on then a bit of shimmer such as Guerlain Meteorites or highlighter on the high points of the face. Then at night, Cetaphil again and the tretinoin mixed with Obagi Blender and a lash treatment ( Rapidlash). That's it, that's all I do.

Apart from needling when needed but that's not often.

Thanks @Lorelei, I appreciate the information. I'll do more research.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can get rollers from various places HC, I tend to use non branded 1.5 to 2mm versions but they can hurt! Best to start with 0.5mm or 1mm to begin with, the best routine for me is monthly.

I love Facercise by Carol Maggio, I've been doing that for about 8 years now and my facial muscles are really strong. So it's a multi level approach. Facercise for the foundation, dermarolling and Obagi for the house paint!

I forgot to mention I also use Obagi Exfoderm to remove dead skin, I use the Forte version.
Thank you for all of this info Lorelei! I’ve been trying to figure out what to do for my aging skin! This helps a bunch!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all of this info Lorelei! I’ve been trying to figure out what to do for my aging skin! This helps a bunch!

You're welcome!

I would suggest if you really want to make a change if you have sun damage and or wrinkles coming up, doing the Obagi Nu Derm three week transformation gives incredible results but it's a big commitment and you do go red and peel.

Then you go onto maintenance which keeps your results going, I'd give up a lot of things but I'd NEVER give up Obagi, it's that good.

You can get books on Ultimate Facercise by Carol Maggio from well known auction sites and you soon learn the exercises and then it becomes a habit to run through your routine.

In the end this all is far less expensive than department store brands which don't really work in my opinion.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I keep my microblading up by getting it touched up every 6 months or so. I have very sparse eyebrows in my 40s from over plucking them in my earlier years. They were very sad. I love the microblading and think it is absolutely worth it. I can throw on my sunscreen and my mascara and head out the door WITH eyebrows :) They can be as thick, dark, light or thin as you prefer.

I also do a chemical peel every 3 to 4 months to keep my skin turning over. Between that and regular skin care it seems to work for me. I am religious about sun block.

I have also thought about micro needling so I am going to read all the previous replies to see what has been said. Great to have so much information in one place.

Attached is a picture of my microblading. 20180417_100321.jpg

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! Sorry the picture is HUGE.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those look fantastic HS!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results