shape
carat
color
clarity

Microneedling for skin and/or Microblading for eyebrows?

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Recently while getting a facial I purchased an at home Microneedling kit from my dermatologist's office. I want to use it on my face to diminish light acne scars, help with shallow nasolabial folds and also help my serums and moisturizer penetrate deeper into my skin. My concern is that while I see an overwhelming amount of positive feedback and reviews, I've also seen some rare scary reviews that make me have strong trepidation.
I am also SUPER interested in trying Microblading for my inconsistently dense eyebrows.
Has anyone else tried these beauty treatments or are also interested in these treatments? Tell me all about it!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I see before and after pics of microblading eyebrows I think it's a great option for people with pencil thin brows that won't grow back and want a fuller look again.

As for those with fuller brows to begin with I would imagine that if you scar easily, the cuts from microblading, if they were to cause tiny scars where your follicles are, could lead to less hairs growing back. These are just thoughts I've pondered when thinking about microblading.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started microneedling with .25 needles and so far I like it. I started adding collagen into my morning protein shake too along with a new facial cleansing system; therefore, it is hard for me to tell which is working. I have not noticed any problems with microneedling, and I do want to go up to .50 and then .75. What size are the needles?

I have read up on microblading since you can't even see my eyebrows unless I color them. I so far am not that interested in it.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have mocrobladed brows and love them!

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I started microneedling with .25 needles and so far I like it. I started adding collagen into my morning protein shake too along with a new facial cleansing system; therefore, it is hard for me to tell which is working. I have not noticed any problems with microneedling, and I do want to go up to .50 and then .75. What size are the needles?

I have read up on microblading since you can't even see my eyebrows unless I color them. I so far am not that interested in it.
The kit I purchased has .5mm, 1mm, and 1.5mm needles. It's 3 individual tools. Thanks for your input! I was hoping someone does it at home too. It costs so much at the derm or spa.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I have mocrobladed brows and love them!
How long have you had them? Did you start with full or thinner eyebrows? Mine are really full the first two thirds of the way and then get really sparse and weird towards the "tails". I've considered getting em done in LA ($700) as well as in Atlanta ($400) since we're visiting both places this month... I can't understand why the huge price difference because the results and technique seem to be the same. I totally believe in "you get what you pay for" BUT sometimes new beauty crazes are overpriced by market :(
What would you suggest? Also, is the touch up after two weeks really necessary? I appreciate your contribution!

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
When I see before and after pics of microblading eyebrows I think it's a great option for people with pencil thin brows that won't grow back and want a fuller look again.

As for those with fuller brows to begin with I would imagine that if you scar easily, the cuts from microblading, if they were to cause tiny scars where your follicles are, could lead to less hairs growing back. These are just thoughts I've pondered when thinking about microblading.
I don't scar badly nor do I keloid or anything like that, but I don't want any less eyebrow hairs than I already have either! :-o
Thanks for giving me food for thought on this, I could always just stick with my brow powder and gel.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't scar badly nor do I keloid or anything like that, but I don't want any less eyebrow hairs than I already have either! :-o
Thanks for giving me food for thought on this, I could always just stick with my brow powder and gel.
I tint mine with demi permanent (more of a stain) hair color. I have a few grey eyebrows in addition to the blonde.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee hee I've been using rapid lash from Costco on my brows and lashes again. I apply every other day. I stopped around May previously and it seemed like my hairs were sticking around longer and coming in longer which added to the volume lolol. My husband had noticed that my lashes were more apparent than usual. I'm going to try to be consistent again and see where this takes me

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was using latisse until I got sick again and stopped all things that took effort. I should find my stuff and start again.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have my eyebrows "embroidered" (that's what they cal it here). My natural brows are not thick but not terribly thin. What that does to your brows is to give them shape, and darken them lightly. If your eyebrows are uneven, it'll even them out . Chat with the beautician and ask them for their recommendation how they think your brows should be done/ or how you'd like them. You'd still have to draw them afterwards, but you'd already have a beautiful shape to start with. It's very difficult to draw your brows nicely without them having been "done". I'd never go back to having completely natural brows.

Lien_21st June 2017_cropped.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How long have you had them? Did you start with full or thinner eyebrows? Mine are really full the first two thirds of the way and then get really sparse and weird towards the "tails". I've considered getting em done in LA ($700) as well as in Atlanta ($400) since we're visiting both places this month... I can't understand why the huge price difference because the results and technique seem to be the same. I totally believe in "you get what you pay for" BUT sometimes new beauty crazes are overpriced by market :(
What would you suggest? Also, is the touch up after two weeks really necessary? I appreciate your contribution!

I'd ONLY go to a place that someone you know personally has been to and highly recommended. I go to a place that a very close friend has frequented. There are some places that do a horrible job (not meaning to scare you off); the brows end up looking very unnatural and/ or of the wrong shape. Prices are not necessarily an indication of skills, though I don't live in the US so I might be talking rubbish here, lol.

My beautician would only touch up after 1 month, though I think that's a bit overkill. After 2 weeks, your brows would already have healed up nicely. Touch-ups are important to correct any imperfections the first time around - and imperfections do happen, like unevenness in colouring and/ or shape.

Btw, I'd chose hand-embroidery/ blading over so-called "machine" any time! The level of precision is much better controlled and hence better results.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had 6 professional microneedling treatments and I cannot believe the before and after pics. It looks like I had an eyelift! My skin is a lot firmer and my chin is more sculpted. Pores are smaller, skin tone improved. It was expensive but so worth it. I plan to have a quarterly treatment to maintain the results.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had 6 professional microneedling treatments and I cannot believe the before and after pics. It looks like I had an eyelift! My skin is a lot firmer and my chin is more sculpted. Pores are smaller, skin tone improved. It was expensive but so worth it. I plan to have a quarterly treatment to maintain the results.

Thats amazing!!

Who do you see for this? A cosmetic surgeon or a beautician?

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats amazing!!

Who do you see for this? A cosmetic surgeon or a beautician?

I see an medical aesthetician in a dermatologists office. The dermatologist oversees it all. The "skinpen" is a lot more invasive than home kits - I suppose larger needles. They use a numbing cream that takes about 30 minutes to set in. I am only red for that day and a little swollen the next day. I am amazed at the results. I only decided to do it for pore reduction and to improve texture. It did lots more. My whole face is lifted! My husband who rarely notices anything has said to keep it up because I honestly look younger!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see an medical aesthetician in a dermatologists office. The dermatologist oversees it all. The "skinpen" is a lot more invasive than home kits - I suppose larger needles. They use a numbing cream that takes about 30 minutes to set in. I am only red for that day and a little swollen the next day. I am amazed at the results. I only decided to do it for pore reduction and to improve texture. It did lots more. My whole face is lifted! My husband who rarely notices anything has said to keep it up because I honestly look younger!

Wowza!!! I'm soooo gonna try that!! Beats Botox any time!:appl:

Lana S

Rough_Rock
@FeFeV
I've been going for needling treatments for a few years now, while there are fairly noticeable results - it has only in recent 2 years that I really noticed big improvements in my skin texture after started alternating needling with Clear & Brilliant laser treatments, and also incorporating collagen supplements in my daily routine. There is a collagen brand called Vida Glow that I take, it is absolutely amazing. Hope this helps!

mol42

Shiny_Rock

Hi! I was JUST looking at microblading my brows a couple days ago. Your thread is great timing! :clap:You're right that prices are sort of all over the place. If you're interested, there is a Groupon offer for Die Gorgeous in Atlanta that looks like a great deal. It has the greatest number of people who purchased and the highest reviews. I think the website has some good information that doesn't seem to "oversell" or over promise which I like. I was going to try it out but am trying to figure out my schedule. My concern is that when I tried semi permanent makeup in the past, my brows were really dark for about 5 days, and I'm thinking I might have the same issue with microblading as well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I was JUST looking at microblading my brows a couple days ago. Your thread is great timing! :clap:You're right that prices are sort of all over the place. If you're interested, there is a Groupon offer for Die Gorgeous in Atlanta that looks like a great deal. It has the greatest number of people who purchased and the highest reviews. I think the website has some good information that doesn't seem to "oversell" or over promise which I like. I was going to try it out but am trying to figure out my schedule. My concern is that when I tried semi permanent makeup in the past, my brows were really dark for about 5 days, and I'm thinking I might have the same issue with microblading as well.

Yes, your brows will be extra dark for a few days until the dye wears away some. I did a small amount of microblading since my eyebrows are thinning, and my youngest daughter had hers done. Hers are just beautiful (much like Phoenix's). I just never went back for my included touch-up just due to being busy. I am quite sure I will do it again. But I really didn't want to go anywhere for a week after until the extra dye went away and no redness, etc.

It's about $400 here. The LA price is because it's LA, not because it is better.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I was using latisse until I got sick again and stopped all things that took effort. I should find my stuff and start again.
I wanna try Latisse! My insurance won't cover it without a Glaucoma diagnosis :oops:
But I've been thinking about buying it anyways.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I'd ONLY go to a place that someone you know personally has been to and highly recommended. I go to a place that a very close friend has frequented. There are some places that do a horrible job (not meaning to scare you off); the brows end up looking very unnatural and/ or of the wrong shape. Prices are not necessarily an indication of skills, though I don't live in the US so I might be talking rubbish here, lol.

My beautician would only touch up after 1 month, though I think that's a bit overkill. After 2 weeks, your brows would already have healed up nicely. Touch-ups are important to correct any imperfections the first time around - and imperfections do happen, like unevenness in colouring and/ or shape.

Btw, I'd chose hand-embroidery/ blading over so-called "machine" any time! The level of precision is much better controlled and hence better results.
THANK YOU so so so much for sharing such good advice as well as your AMAZING results! Your brows + eyes are so beautiful! I've decided to start off with an eyebrow tint from my threader to judge better if I need the more lasting, specific effects of microblading or not. I hope my brows look as full and framing to my eyes as yours do.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I've researched the "skin pen" too! I think after I get comfortable using the derma rollers I may invest in the skin pen tool to have a more professional depth (if my skin seems not as responsive to the rollers). I would like to have gushing results to my skin too! I'm so happy that you like your results and shared here with me.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
@FeFeV
I've been going for needling treatments for a few years now, while there are fairly noticeable results - it has only in recent 2 years that I really noticed big improvements in my skin texture after started alternating needling with Clear & Brilliant laser treatments, and also incorporating collagen supplements in my daily routine. There is a collagen brand called Vida Glow that I take, it is absolutely amazing. Hope this helps!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the Vida Glow reference... I just purchased some to add to my routine! :wavey:
My DH thinks I'm being aggressive with my methods, but us ladies want to KEEP good skin not have to do a ton of repair work! :twirl:

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Yes, your brows will be extra dark for a few days until the dye wears away some. I did a small amount of microblading since my eyebrows are thinning, and my youngest daughter had hers done. Hers are just beautiful (much like Phoenix's). I just never went back for my included touch-up just due to being busy. I am quite sure I will do it again. But I really didn't want to go anywhere for a week after until the extra dye went away and no redness, etc.

It's about $400 here. The LA price is because it's LA, not because it is better.
I thought that LA price was too high and a bit exploitive. Thanks!

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE a good Groupon, girl! Thanks

Lana S

Rough_Rock
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the Vida Glow reference... I just purchased some to add to my routine! :wavey:
My DH thinks I'm being aggressive with my methods, but us ladies want to KEEP good skin not have to do a ton of repair work! :twirl:
No worries! Well what would they know :p (just kidding) - also after you've settled into the Vida Glow routine, you can think about adding Skinceuticals C E Ferulic serum, your skin absorbs it particular well after your needling treatments (but wait 5-7 days after treatment before using it)... Good luck and hope to hear some good results!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're in the ATL area, you may want to consider traveling to Birmingham, AL to see Rene at BRASH. She is AMAZING with microblading brows. I will be a client for life!

She has many clients who travel from MS and GA! Check her out on IG @brash_browandlashbar !! Her prices are very reasonable @ $495 and includes a touchup after 4-6 weeks.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanna try Latisse! My insurance won't cover it without a Glaucoma diagnosis :oops:
But I've been thinking about buying it anyways.

Y'all don't need to buy Latisse. There's an over the counter one that works great! Check out Grandelash LASH-MD on Amazon! My daughter tried it and it works great!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y'all don't need to buy Latisse. There's an over the counter one that works great! Check out Grandelash LASH-MD on Amazon! My daughter tried it and it works great!

Been there, done that with Latisse... I used it for 2 solid years, and have a couple of friends who used it as well with similar results. But here's the thing... The first 12 weeks are AMAZING as you see your lashes grow longer/darker/thicker, but they were never as nice again. Once the lash went through the normal shedding cycle and new ones grew back, I was never able to achieve the same result -- not even close. I kept it up for almost another 2 years, but it was not to be... :(

Recently, I started doing the LashLift and tint (at BRASH) paired with some good mascara - BOOM! Big 'ole curly lashes for 8-10 weeks for $100... that's way less than I spent on Latisse!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're interested in the LashLift, check out the training pros' before & after pics and videos on IG @elleebanausa -- such a cool procedure!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results