shape
carat
color
clarity

Micro Pave Settings or Vintage Style Settings - Need help changing mine! Photos please! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vintagegirl72

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I am in the process of shopping for the perfect new setting for my 1.5 solitare e-ring! I have decided I want something a little bit more "me" and vintage-esque and ornate etc. I have my eye on the micro pave settings with diamonds all around the diamond and on the band (or 1/2 on the band). I am considering seeing if a jewler can just melt down my own platnium already on my current band/setting...to make it into the one I want & just add the diamonds. Can anyone reccomend anyone good for this? I am also looking to find this for not TOO crazy expensive...which is why I would have them re-use my platnium etc. Oh & btw,...I live in England now! I am from California, but now live here with my new husband! I refuse to pay UK prices though for my re-setting process! Am willing to do this through the mail (it''s well insured!) or...I may have to wait until we are in Florida at our home there for a month in April. Anyhow, if anyone can help with ideas, that would be great!!! You know what I REALLY loved was the Amber and Rob (from survivor) ring! I HATE survivor, but loved that ring! Anyone with info on that as well..that would be fabulous!!!
30.gif
!!!

Any reasonably good priced jewlers who can complete the process...would be also most appreciated!!

Best Wishes!!! Hope to hear from you guys!!!

Cheers from England!

Kirstin

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi and welcome. It is always fun looking for new settings and upgrades. This site has tons of pictures and great resources to help you find what you are looking for within your budget. As for melting down your current ring and remaking it, I am almost 100% sure it can't be done. Something happens to the metal in the process and it is almost impossible to reuse. I'd guess the cost wouldn't be any better than finding something pre-made to your liking. I'll see if I can hunt down some old threads on reusing metal. What type of budget do you have to work with?

here's one thread to check out..

vintagegirl72

Rough_Rock
thank you so much!!
19.gif
yeah, I think it may be wishful thinking with the whole "re-using" the platnium thing, but...just thought I would see. Oh well, either way - still interested in jewellers (in person or online) who can help me to make my dream micro-pave setting! Oh & btw...I have a small dainty eternity ring for my wedding ring...with little round diamonds all around (no straight lines)...do you think this would match a micro pave setting such as the one I am interested in? Hmm...

I am interested also in possibly a vintage style 3 stone (adding sidestones)...

I guess the budget would be...around $2,000 - $2,800 to complete the change...the quality of my doamond is a flawless G and is I think...a VSI, not too concerened as to the exact same quality for the diamonds in a micropave or side stones, but want to have good quality or close to it if I can...

Anyhow thank you once again FOR YOUR RESPONSE!!

vintagegirl72

Rough_Rock
BY THE WAY...this is my dream ring...designed by cynthia wolf...the "amber ring"...the chick from survivor. hope this goes through..iof not will try again!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
your picture didn''t show up...try renaming it into something unique. I would love to see what you''re after. You have a very nice budget for a new setting.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this it?

es_finale-5.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is one thing that might be worth mentioning. the rings you seem to like all have halo's. You might want to try on a few halo rings with a 1.5 center stone. In my opinion once a stone starts getting that large and then you add a halo it can make it look more like a cocktail ring rather than an e-ring, especially with a round stone. It may work just fine but I'd definitely want to see a few in person first if at all possible
1.gif

vintagegirl72

Rough_Rock
Wow..yes it is ...(the ring I like that is..). :) - thank you!!

Yes I hear you on that...and I would need to see how it looks before actually going through with it.. the jeweller where we got the ring in San Francisco thought it would not look right and suggested two side triangle shaped diamonds with a slightly vintage band..which would also be really pretty. My husband does not like the whole "micro pave" thing though...thinks they look like space ships (don''t ask....?..) and not as classy as the solitares etc., but then again he is english and traditional...etc. In anycase..it is my finger it''s on..so..I wanted something more me & my style etc. He has come to be "ok" with the idea...taken a while..but he is there.

What kind of ring do you have?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you might want to check out Art of Platinum for some ideas. Also

Pearlmans has a ton of designer settings to look at.

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 10:28:00 AM
Author: mrssalvo
There is one thing that might be worth mentioning. the rings you seem to like all have halo''s. You might want to try on a few halo rings with a 1.5 center stone. In my opinion once a stone starts getting that large and then you add a halo it can make it look more like a cocktail ring rather than an e-ring, especially with a round stone. It may work just fine but I''d definitely want to see a few in person first if at all possible
1.gif

I agree with you, my eye tells the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results