shape
carat
color
clarity

Michael Jackson rushed to the hospital.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 7:38:23 PM
Author: packrat
I had to call my mom and tell her. Mom''s got the Thriller album and we used to rock out in the basement to it when I was younger. I was quite sure back then that I would marry him.

So sad.
7.gif
Me too packrat! MJ was my first crush and back then I swore that I''d marry him one day. I am very sad about his passing. May he RIP.
7.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
very shocking news. and so sad...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I was getting live updates via twitter and the news about this on my way home yesterday. It was confirmed on our radio at 6:20. So sad and so shocking. The loss of a music legend.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 2:13:47 PM
Author: mysterylover
''He was about to embark on a 50 date sold out tour, and could have done endless dates I''m sure with the same result.''

No, Trillionaire, he was not about to do any such thing. It has been already noted this morning on some newscasts (and some of us knew when we saw the guy do them), that the ''announcement'' of his upcoming concerts in London was done by an impersonator, not Michael himself. This guy does sold out concerts to die-hard fans as a Michael Jackson tribute; he was the person that was chosen by the MJ camp to pose as Michael to promote these concert dates. Those who bought tickets were duped into thinking Michael could even perform anymore. The concerts were never really going to take place . . . unless the MJ camp had also signed the guy on to actually perform.

Michael had been ill and almost completely reclusive for a number of years now. He WAS a great talent. He WAS an icon. And at his death all he was was sad, lonely, depressed, and very nearly nutso. And regardless of any actual or imagined improprieties with youngsters, he had long ago ceased being relevant, or even being himself.

The last 15 years of his life, and the tragic trajectory of his downhill slide, should have prepared everyone for his unfortunate end. And our mourning for the loss of his talent should have taken place long ago.
How do you know? He was ''relevant'' to more people than you can imagine...
20.gif
::sigh::

While I respect YOUR opinion, I disagree 100%. Many people (in fact, millions) are mourning his loss today--the person he WAS 20-30 years ago, and the person he was today. Period.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
6/26/2009 1:38:01 PM
Author: Allison D.

A few years ago, Leonid made a post that I think has relevance to this thread:

De mortuis nihil nisi bene

Thanks, Alj. It''s sad that we have to invoke Leonid so often after someone dies. I like to think that Pricescope, being the nurturing and generous website that it is, would bring out the best in people without constant reminders.

Does every event have to be an excuse for people to enjoy a good argument just for the sake of an argument?

We are "given to" here by the site owners and the moderators. Shouldn''t we repay that generosity by behaving with kindness, generosity and decorum among ourselves?

AGBF
34.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 2:13:47 PM
''He was about to embark on a 50 date sold out tour, and could have done endless dates I''m sure with the same result.''

No, Trillionaire, he was not about to do any such thing. It has been already noted this morning on some newscasts (and some of us knew when we saw the guy do them), that the ''announcement'' of his upcoming concerts in London was done by an impersonator, not Michael himself. This guy does sold out concerts to die-hard fans as a Michael Jackson tribute; he was the person that was chosen by the MJ camp to pose as Michael to promote these concert dates. Those who bought tickets were duped into thinking Michael could even perform anymore. The concerts were never really going to take place . . . unless the MJ camp had also signed the guy on to actually perform.

Michael had been ill and almost completely reclusive for a number of years now. He WAS a great talent. He WAS an icon. And at his death all he was was sad, lonely, depressed, and very nearly nutso. And regardless of any actual or imagined improprieties with youngsters, he had long ago ceased being relevant, or even being himself.

The last 15 years of his life, and the tragic trajectory of his downhill slide, should have prepared everyone for his unfortunate end. And our mourning for the loss of his talent should have taken place long ago.
That seems like poppycock to me. I haven''t heard of this until you mentioned it...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 2:33:49 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds
I''ll never forget watching him moonwalk for the first time and thinking he had magic powers.
That is something utterly amazing! Isn''t it?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 3:07:33 PM
Author: Bia
Many people (in fact, millions) are mourning his loss today--the person he WAS 20-30 years ago, and the person he was today. Period.
It certainly feels like a part of me is missing. So much of him played into my childhood. We also grew up watching him. Many MANY people are in mourning today for the loss of our king of pop...

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
The fact that so many emotional responses pouring in here(99.9% positive ones, with a few outliers) is evident in his great impacts on all of our lives. He has the magical power of breaking all barriers and prejudices with his musical talents. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. May Michael rest in peace.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 3:21:25 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
6/26/2009 1:38:01 PM

Author: Allison D.

A few years ago, Leonid made a post that I think has relevance to this thread:

De mortuis nihil nisi bene

Thanks, Alj. It''s sad that we have to invoke Leonid so often after someone dies. I like to think that Pricescope, being the nurturing and generous website that it is, would bring out the best in people without constant reminders.

Does every event have to be an excuse for people to enjoy a good argument just for the sake of an argument?

We are ''given to'' here by the site owners and the moderators. Shouldn''t we repay that generosity by behaving with kindness, generosity and decorum among ourselves?

AGBF

34.gif

I think Alison was simply suggesting that we should not post any more negative viewpoints about MJ in this threads: "Of the dead, speak no evil" . I am not certain what the reference of Leonid implies, I did not think anything of it.

If I am wrong, please feel free to correct me.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Alj and Deb. The Tabloids will be doing a number on Michael Jackson, in the next few weeks.

For now, can we please keep this thread for us, that loved and still love his music?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 3:57:55 PM
Author: Linda W
I agree with Alj and Deb. The Tabloids will be doing a number on Michael Jackson, in the next few weeks.

For now, can we please keep this thread for us, that loved and still love his music?
DITTO.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 3:43:16 PM
Author: zhuzhu
I think Alison was simply suggesting that we should not post any more negative viewpoints about MJ in this threads: 'Of the dead, speak no evil' . I am not certain what the reference of Leonid implies, I did not think anything of it.

Leonid is the one who posted that quote originally. AGBF was agreeing with Alison and basically saying that it's unfortunate we have to be reminded to be kind when someone dies.

Lisa Marie Presley's blog today is pretty sad:

He Knew.
Years ago Michael and I were having a deep conversation about life in general.
I can't recall the exact subject matter but he may have been questioning me about the circumstances of my Fathers Death.
At some point he paused, he stared at me very intensely and he stated with an almost calm certainty, "I am afraid that I am going to end up like him, the way he did."

I promptly tried to deter him from the idea, at which point he just shrugged his shoulders and nodded almost matter of fact as if to let me know, he knew what he knew and that was kind of that.

14 years later I am sitting here watching on the news an ambulance leaves the driveway of his home, the big gates, the crowds outside the gates, the coverage, the crowds outside the hospital, the Cause of death and what may have led up to it and the memory of this conversation hit me, as did the unstoppable tears.

A predicted ending by him, by loved ones and by me, but what I didn't predict was how much it was going to hurt when it finally happened. The person I failed to help is being transferred right now to the LA County Coroners office for his Autopsy.

All of my indifference and detachment that I worked so hard to achieve over the years has just gone into the bowels of hell and right now I am gutted.
I am going to say now what I have never said before because I want the truth out there for once.

Our relationship was not "a sham" as is being reported in the press. It was an unusual relationship yes, where two unusual people who did not live or know a "Normal life" found a connection, perhaps with some suspect timing on his part. Nonetheless, I do believe he loved me as much as he could love anyone and I loved him very much.

I wanted to "save him" I wanted to save him from the inevitable which is what has just happened. His family and his loved ones also wanted to save him from this as well but didn't know how and this was 14 years ago. We all worried that this would be the outcome then.

At that time, In trying to save him, I almost lost myself.

He was an incredibly dynamic force and power that was not to be underestimated. When he used it for something good, It was the best and when he used it for something bad, It was really, REALLY bad. Mediocrity was not a concept that would even for a second enter Michael Jackson's being or actions.

I became very ill and emotionally/ spiritually exhausted in my quest to save him from certain self-destructive behavior and from the awful vampires and leeches he would always manage to magnetize around him.
I was in over my head while trying.
I had my children to care for, I had to make a decision.
The hardest decision I have ever had to make, which was to walk away and let his fate have him, even though I desperately loved him and tried to stop or reverse it somehow.
After the Divorce, I spent a few years obsessing about him and what I could have done different, in regret.
Then I spent some angry years at the whole situation. At some point, I truly became Indifferent, until now.
As I sit here overwhelmed with sadness, reflection and confusion at what was my biggest failure to date, watching on the news almost play by play The exact Scenario I saw happen on August 16th, 1977 happening again right now with Michael (A sight I never wanted to see again) just as he predicted, I am truly, truly gutted.

Any ill experience or words I have felt towards him in the past has just died inside of me along with him.
He was an amazing person and I am lucky to have gotten as close to him as I did and to have had the many experiences and years that we had together.
I desperately hope that he can be relieved from his pain, pressure and turmoil now.
He deserves to be free from all of that and I hope he is in a better place or will be.
I also hope that anyone else who feels they have failed to help him can be set free because he hopefully finally is.
The World is in shock but somehow he knew exactly how his fate would be played out some day more than anyone else knew, and he was right.

I really needed to say this right now, thanks for listening.
~LMP

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is pretty intense. Thanks for sharing lucky

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting that lucky. I wondered what she was thinking, but I don''t think I would have gone searching to find it.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lucky. I misread AGBF.

Ditto to the sentiment "repay that generosity by behaving with kindness, generosity and decorum among ourselves" in either the event of life or death.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
So they are supposed to give the preliminary autopsy report right now. I hope I can find a website that I can watch the video on. Yesterday cnn.com's video wasn't working for me. I tried abcnews.com and the video worked but they weren't talking.

Just watched a video on msnbc.com and someone said: "He's the soundtrack to people's lives" I couldn't agree more.

ETA- nevermind, I just checked cnn.com and it's video works for me today...

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
How sad. I hope he''s finally at peace
39.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock

mysterylover

Rough_Rock
"That seems like poppycock to me. I haven''t heard of this until you mentioned it... "

One person''s poppycock is another''s truth, I guess.

Allow me to be clear. . . just because I don''t personally mourn his loss, doesn''t mean I have no sympathy for his family and friends, or that I don''t acknowledge and enjoy the truly great talent that he had. May he rest in peace.

I just believe the world has more important things to do than wallow in grief over someone that virtually disappeared many years before. The man you''re grieving over didn''t die yesterday; he was gone long ago. I think I''ll stick to mourning his choices that led to his untimely demise. Lisa Marie Presley said it best when she pointed out that "he knew", and nothing she said or did, nothing anyone said or did, would dissuade him. It was his self-fullfilling prophecy, his intent on living and ultimately dying by it, that ended his life so tragically. It doesn''t get any sadder, or more grim, than that.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 6:26:49 PM

I just believe the world has more important things to do than wallow in grief over someone that virtually disappeared many years before.
Perhaps you should pick one of those "more important things to do" instead of popping in here time and time again to argue with us. What is the point?!
We get it---you don't feel the need to mourn. Good for you. We want to celebrate his life by sharing videos and stories. In case you don't get it, it's coming off like you think we're ridiculous for caring. It's RUDE.

One thing I've noticed on here and facebook is that the people who claim to care the least won't stop yapping about those of us who DO care. Hilarious.

ETA: I just want to add that the fact that he was idle for the last few years will NEVER negate the fact that he was a true superstar with REAL and ORIGINAL talent. It doesn't null and void his contribution to society. It won't erase all of our memories of enjoying his music and staring in awe at his dance moves.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that letter from Lisa Marie was more insightful than anything I have read. I watched MTV and CNN for awhile last night. He was the first really big star I came to know as a child.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 6:26:49 PM
''That seems like poppycock to me. I haven''t heard of this until you mentioned it... ''

One person''s poppycock is another''s truth, I guess.

Allow me to be clear. . . just because I don''t personally mourn his loss, doesn''t mean I have no sympathy for his family and friends, or that I don''t acknowledge and enjoy the truly great talent that he had. May he rest in peace.

I just believe the world has more important things to do than wallow in grief over someone that virtually disappeared many years before. The man you''re grieving over didn''t die yesterday; he was gone long ago. I think I''ll stick to mourning his choices that led to his untimely demise. Lisa Marie Presley said it best when she pointed out that ''he knew'', and nothing she said or did, nothing anyone said or did, would dissuade him. It was his self-fullfilling prophecy, his intent on living and ultimately dying by it, that ended his life so tragically. It doesn''t get any sadder, or more grim, than that.
Yesterday I said that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion on MJ and his death. But I think it''s pretty cold to say that the world has more important things to do than mourn. Yes, the MJ many people loved at the height of his success did fade, that much is just fact...but he wasn''t "dead" in the literal sense, and because of that, many of his fans held out hope that he''d have a come back.

I agree that, at this point, since there is clearly this thread has turned into a memorial...it''s best to leave it at that. Allow those who are mourning to do so in peace without feeling the need to "defend" their feelings. You''re new here, but I am sure the same kindness would be extended to you.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2009 12:58:35 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
found two of his album in my closet,Off The Wall and Thriller,also ''I''ll be there'' and ''Ben'' in 45 rpm. yes, almost 40 yr old records
23.gif

betcha not many PSers ever played a 45 rpm record.
9.gif
I have. Do you remember those little colorful plastic snap- in adapters so they could be played on a regular turn table?
3.gif
And garage parties to listen to records on Saturday nights. I wasn''t old enough to be invited to one, but I often stayed at my Aunt & Uncle''s on weekends and my cousin often had friends over for one. I was the PITA kid cousin that watched all the "cool" teenagers dance.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 7:17:02 PM
Author: gemgirl

found two of his album in my closet,Off The Wall and Thriller,also ''I''ll be there'' and ''Ben'' in 45 rpm. yes, almost 40 yr old records
23.gif

9.gif
I have. Do you remember those little colorful plastic snap- in adapters so they could be played on a regular turn table?
3.gif
And garage parties to listen to records on Saturday nights. I wasn''t old enough to be invited to one, but I often stayed at my Aunt & Uncle''s on weekends and my cousin often had friends over for one. I was the PITA kid cousin that watched all the ''cool'' teenagers dance.
I remember those. The 45''s and the adapters... I haven''t thought of those in ages....

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2009 1:01:08 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
My old Michael Jackson records are in the garage. Unfortunately I don''t have a record player that works anymore. Rats.

Anyone else listening to Michael on youtube today? http://www.youtube.com/michaeljackson
I did for a couple of hours this morning and I thoroughly enjoyed it! It''s hard to believe that so much time has gone by since his hey day. I''m going to go back and watch some more. I also enjoyed choosing between Michael''s performances with other famous recording artists. Watching the recording session of "We Are the World" impressed me just as much this morning as it did way back then. I''m incredibly sad that he''s gone, but I''m happy for us and for future generations that he left one heck of a musical legacy behind.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

23.gif

9.gif
3.gif
And garage parties to listen to records on Saturday nights. I wasn''t old enough to be invited to one, but I often stayed at my Aunt & Uncle''s on weekends and my cousin often had friends over for one. I was the PITA kid cousin that watched all the ''cool'' teenagers dance.
of course i remember. i got one in the closet.
2.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 7:45:01 PM

23.gif

9.gif
3.gif
of course i remember. i got one in the closet.
2.gif
Hey, I''ve got a record that is a 60 something or maybe a 78rpm
It''s Purple People Eater!!
Who remembers that little goodie?
Heck yeah, I remember 45''s and albums, spin the bottle and garage dance parties!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
6/26/2009 4:06:36 PM
Author: luckystar112

Date:
6/26/2009 3:43:16 PM
Author: zhuzhu

I think Alison was simply suggesting that we should not post any more negative viewpoints about MJ in this threads: 'Of the dead, speak no evil' . I am not certain what the reference of Leonid implies, I did not think anything of it.

Leonid is the one who posted that quote originally. AGBF was agreeing with Alison and basically saying that it's unfortunate we have to be reminded to be kind when someone dies.

Thanks for translating for me, luckystar. You are always a helpful poster even if you are a Repub....uh oh. If I say that word, I will get the thread locked down. Besides, I don't even remember for sure if you were one of those things that I won't mention. I just remember that you were more conservative in your political views than I was ;-). At any rate, I think I may need a personal translator for Pricescope; would you like the job? The wages are terrible, but there might be some reknown. (I do post a moderate amount although we all know that I have not yet reached the 10,000 mark despite having been here since the dawn of time, so if you translated everything I wrote, you could get your name in print a lot more.) My point is, that although I think I am writing in English, I am so frequently misunderstood that I know that what I write is incomprehensible to most English speakers. (Thus the need for the translator.)

If you like, I can point you to numerous examples in which someone took offense at something I said because s/he completely misundertood what I meant. However, I will not do so in the middle of Michael Jackson's thread. If you like, we can discuss a highly demanding and completely unpaid position for you in a separate thread ;-).

Your friend,
Deb

PS-Take it easy on the new posters. You do not know your own strength, woman! If this thread were a church or mosque or synagogue-or just someone's home where we wanted to gather to discuss an old friend who had passed away-we wouldn't want the atmosphere marred by yelling. Don't decimate people on the premises, please :).

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

23.gif

9.gif

3.gif

i totally did. and ironically the one i played over and over and over was i just can''t stop loving you, by mj. it was my mom''s and i think it was the only 45 i listened to. i loved the song so much.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results