shape
carat
color
clarity

Michael Jackson rushed to the hospital.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 9:40:38 PM
Author: bebe
Date: 6/26/2009 7:45:01 PM

Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 6/26/2009 7:17:02 PM

Author: gemgirl

Date: 6/26/2009 12:58:35 PM

Author: Dancing Fire

found two of his album in my closet,Off The Wall and Thriller,also ''I''ll be there'' and ''Ben'' in 45 rpm. yes, almost 40 yr old records
23.gif

betcha not many PSers ever played a 45 rpm record.
9.gif

I have. Do you remember those little colorful plastic snap- in adapters so they could be played on a regular turn table?
3.gif
And garage parties to listen to records on Saturday nights. I wasn''t old enough to be invited to one, but I often stayed at my Aunt & Uncle''s on weekends and my cousin often had friends over for one. I was the PITA kid cousin that watched all the ''cool'' teenagers dance.
of course i remember. i got one in the closet.
2.gif
Hey, I''ve got a record that is a 60 something or maybe a 78rpm

It''s Purple People Eater!!

Who remembers that little goodie?

Heck yeah, I remember 45''s and albums, spin the bottle and garage dance parties!

Ha ha, I remember that song. I have a few of those yellow inserts myself.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I fully admit I got a little defensive there. Sorry mysterylover.
14.gif

I''ll translate your posts, AGBF, and Cello can sugarcoat mine for me.
9.gif

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
So sad...I really enjoy his music,have many songs on my ipod, glad it will live on.
And regardless of the issues that cropped up towards the end of his life all I can focus on is that a mother has had to out live her child,something no parent ever wants to have happen, 8 siblings have lost a brother they grew up playing with, 3 children have lost their father the only parent they may ever have known,many have lost a friend and his most loyal fans have lost a great entertainer and someone whose music inspired them and the world has lost a rare talent that may or may not have had more to give...I hope he can rest in peace and that his kids end up in a safe and happy home.
I''m sorry his life ended suddenly who knows what he would have liked to have done or if he wanted so say I love you one more time to his kids...
I''m sorry he was so lonely too
RIP MJ

mysterylover

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 11:23:50 PM
Author: luckystar112
I fully admit I got a little defensive there. Sorry mysterylover.
14.gif

I''ll translate your posts, AGBF, and Cello can sugarcoat mine for me.
9.gif
That''s okay. I know you were defensive because of sadness; and I could have found better words to express my thoughts without seeming insensitive to the mood of the thread.

It isn''t that I don''t care; I''m simply not surprised by the turn of events. I guess I just wrote him off years ago, and so it doesn''t seem shocking (to me). I hope he has at last found the peace he evidently did not have here in this life.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
What''s a 45 rpm?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2009 2:41:45 AM
Author: pennquaker09
What's a 45 rpm?
It is a small record Penn which normally has one song each on an A and B side and is often referred to as a single, plays for about 3 minutes and spins at 45 rpm on the turntable. The traditional larger vinyl records can last around 30 mins and play at 33 rpm.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I am not that old (26) and I had 45''s growing up! We had little record players with alphabet songs and music, and we would put my parent''s BIG LP''s on there and try to listen to them too. By the time I was in middle school, we were trying to play them backwards to hear the hidden messages!
3.gif

we had The Wiz on LP! Bet my dad still has it at the house!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Just figured I''d share some MJ interviews I''ve been watching because I feel like they really show he is as a person. The first three are from the "Michael Jackson Home Movies" special on Fox, and the last two are interviews.

Home movies:
This one is about performing. Shows some home movies of parties at their house as well as a baby Janet bouncing on her mother''s lap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6IzRz1pD6M&NR=1

Part 2 is very endearing. Elizabeth Taylor surprises Michael by decorating the whole house for his "first" Christmas (since he was born a Jehovah''s Witness).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOnAFOrGRyE&NR=1

This one is my favorite. He talks about making smooth criminal and talks about Princess Diana. He also talks about finding a liver for a child.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak5QY6PLwGI&feature=related

This is an interview that took place during the video shoot for "beat it".
You can really sense some sadness in him even then, when he talks about only beginning to understand real friendship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mExMI0PclY

Barbara Walters interview. I really hate her interviewing techniques, but oh well. I''m posting it because you really get a sense of his shyness. He talks about Princess Diana''s death, thinking he might be next, and how hard fame is. The end of the video is heartbreaking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRV_zpRiyqc

Part 2 of the interview. He has almost a boy-ish response when asked if he plans on having any more kids, and talks about how the cute way he gets his baby to stop crying.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtgqiJnXRKg&NR=1

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 10:03:40 PM
Just figured I''d share some MJ interviews I''ve been watching because I feel like they really show he is as a person. The first three are from the ''Michael Jackson Home Movies'' special on Fox, and the last two are interviews.

Home movies:
This one is about performing. Shows some home movies of parties at their house as well as a baby Janet bouncing on her mother''s lap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6IzRz1pD6M&NR=1

Part 2 is very endearing. Elizabeth Taylor surprises Michael by decorating the whole house for his ''first'' Christmas (since he was born a Jehovah''s Witness).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOnAFOrGRyE&NR=1

This one is my favorite. He talks about making smooth criminal and talks about Princess Diana. He also talks about finding a liver for a child.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak5QY6PLwGI&feature=related

This is an interview that took place during the video shoot for ''beat it''.
You can really sense some sadness in him even then, when he talks about only beginning to understand real friendship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mExMI0PclY

Barbara Walters interview. I really hate her interviewing techniques, but oh well. I''m posting it because you really get a sense of his shyness. He talks about Princess Diana''s death, thinking he might be next, and how hard fame is. The end of the video is heartbreaking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRV_zpRiyqc

Part 2 of the interview. He has almost a boy-ish response when asked if he plans on having any more kids, and talks about how the cute way he gets his baby to stop crying.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtgqiJnXRKg&NR=1
TIA Lucky, Now will go watch them.....
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loved how Elizabteh Taylor decorated his house for HIS first Christmas that was sooo awesome, had never seen it before.

Also loved what he said about Diana.. They had a lot in common for sure.

SIL, and BIL ( who were married the night Diana died ) and BIL is related to Prince Charles and his Uncle was at the wedding on Nantucket. The uncle was Diana's royal Physician and was on the Royal Britania for their Honeymoon... For some reason after the wedding I couldn't sleep. Then there was the announcement, she was in a bad car accident. I stayed up all night. I was crying, and thinking OMG, we have to tell. T**. We tried getting hold of him early the next morning, but this was before cell phones, and the hotel wasn't geared up for this...

So we told him on the beach the next morning. His color drained from his face, he was so shocked. He flew out within the next half hour, it was heartbreaking.

Now I don't associate their wedding with Diana's death, it's more thinking of how wonderful their marriage is and my beautiful Nephew. I look forward to seeing BIL's uncle and wife this summer in Nantucket, and all their kids who many have kids of their own... Fun group.
5.gif

I think wel all remember when we heard of Diana's passing just as we will remember hearing of MJ's passing.
12.gif
12.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lucky,

Thank you so much for posting these videos. I really enjoyed watching them. They did show how shy Micheal was, I also loved how he laughed.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
The Christmas video kind of made me teary eyed. I loved what Elizabeth said about Christmas being a celebration of love. And how she couldn''t see Christmas without him or him without Christmas.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the videos lucky.

I loved the xmas one too, and I love how Elizabeth got excited about her super soaker too. Also, how touching that he went on a mission to find that little boy a liver. It''s so nice to see nice stuff about celebrities, instead of as Michael said, just the bad stuff the paparazzi prints.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2009 7:40:09 AM
Author: Ellen
Thank you for the videos lucky.

I loved the xmas one too, and I love how Elizabeth got excited about her super soaker too. Also, how touching that he went on a mission to find that little boy a liver. It''s so nice to see nice stuff about celebrities, instead of as Michael said, just the bad stuff the paparazzi prints.

Ditto, Ellen! It is so lovely to see the real, human side of him. Love the Christmas one, so sweet.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2009 4:31:44 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 6/27/2009 2:41:45 AM
Author: pennquaker09
What''s a 45 rpm?
It is a small record Penn which normally has one song each on an A and B side and is often referred to as a single, plays for about 3 minutes and spins at 45 rpm on the turntable. The traditional larger vinyl records can last around 30 mins and play at 33 rpm.
Penn, rpm means "revolutions per minute" on the turntable. Lorelei is exactly right.

I have Michael''s old albums on vinyl. I just replaced everything on CD. I can''t imagine that his music is going to sound even better than the original. (There''s a special 25th anniversary of Thriller that''s been digitally remastered
1.gif
)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you like Steve Martin, you''ll love this. I''d never seen it.
9.gif
2.gif

He really got that leg move down pretty good, although it sound like he paid for it. lol

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2009 9:33:37 AM
Author: Ellen
If you like Steve Martin, you''ll love this. I''d never seen it.
9.gif
2.gif

He really got that leg move down pretty good, although it sound like he paid for it. lol

That is hilarious !!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to thank luckystar for taking the time to post the links to all those Michael Jackson videos. I, also, felt that they were illuminating. There is no doubt that one saw at least some of the real person in those videos. Seeing what I did made me even more curious about who Michael Jackson really was, what made him tick, but I saw enough to feel great compassion for him. He sincerely believed that people should "be kind" and that calling someone "Wacko Jacko" wasn't "nice". It was a voice of truth and innocence in a jaded world gone crazy.

AGBF
34.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2009 9:53:30 AM
Author: AGBF

I just wanted to thank luckystar for taking the time to post the links to all those Michael Jackson videos. I, also, felt that they were illuminating. There is no doubt that one saw at least some of the real person in those videos. Seeing what I did made me even more curious about who Michael Jackson really was, what made him tick, but I saw enough to feel great compassion for him. He sincerely believed that people should ''be kind'' and that calling someone ''Wacko Jacko'' wasn''t ''nice''. It was a voice of truth and innocence in a jaded world gone crazy.

AGBF

34.gif

Very well said Deb.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a really nice article I read this morning on the L.A. Times website. The author who knew him for many years, described Michael as having a "Bambi like shyness" in real life which really rang true for me. It''s a wonderful, very real, honest article.

I also watched the CNN one hour tribute to Michael''s life last night. It was also illuminating. I''m sure they''ll rerun again it for anyone who missed it.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-me-jackson-hilburn27-2009jun27,0,4897003.story

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome everyone. You know, it''s weird but I''ve never been this affected by a celebrities death before and it''s catching me completely off-guard. I loved him growing up, but over the last decade or so I didn''t pay too much attention to him (I''m sure a lot of people are probably feeling this way right now). I have very much enjoyed watching all the videos that have been posted and watching his interviews on youtube. Last night I watched the "Take 2" Michael Jackson special (which I had never seen before) that was filmed in response to the Martin Bashir documentary (which I did see). It was very illuminating. Martin Bashir is such a snake. I do remember that people were accusing him of yellow journalism back then.

I hope to catch that documentary on CNN...I''ll look out for it.
As for the home movies that I posted, I wanted to let you know that there are more on youtube--it was a fairly long special. I didn''t watch the whole thing. After the Christmas with the supersoakers he uses them in a huge water fight with Janet and Macaulay Culkin. I thought it was cute. There''s also more Elizabeth Taylor in there but I didn''t get that far.

There have been some rumblings about maybe having a tribute concert and I hope so much that they do! It would be amazing to see the celebrities that he has inspired (Usher, Justin Timberlake, Madonna...etc) come together and cover his songs in celebration of his success. I know I''d watch!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2009 11:34:45 AM
Author: gemgirl
This is a really nice article I read this morning on the L.A. Times website. The author who knew him for many years, described Michael as having a ''Bambi like shyness'' in real life which really rang true for me. It''s a wonderful, very real, honest article.

I also watched the CNN one hour tribute to Michael''s life last night. It was also illuminating. I''m sure they''ll rerun again it for anyone who missed it.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-me-jackson-hilburn27-2009jun27,0,4897003.story

Ohhh this article makes me so sad. I wish so much that someone had come along to be there for *him* and to be a friend.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lucky,

His death has affected my daughter and I as well. My daughter (when she was young) and her little girlfriends, would practice dancing to his music. Of course at times, my hubby and I would dance right along with them.

Friday night my two little grandboys wanted to see Michael''s videos. We watched them together, on my computer. My youngest grandson, kept saying "boy Nana can he dance". I told him yes he could.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Heal the World.
Man in the Mirror.
Black or White.

MJ''s music has been successful in uniting people of all race and creed. You wil be missed, MJ.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2009 12:45:14 PM
You''re welcome everyone. You know, it''s weird but I''ve never been this affected by a celebrities death before and it''s catching me completely off-guard. I loved him growing up, but over the last decade or so I didn''t pay too much attention to him (I''m sure a lot of people are probably feeling this way right now). I have very much enjoyed watching all the videos that have been posted and watching his interviews on youtube. Last night I watched the ''Take 2'' Michael Jackson special (which I had never seen before) that was filmed in response to the Martin Bashir documentary (which I did see). It was very illuminating. Martin Bashir is such a snake. I do remember that people were accusing him of yellow journalism back then.

I hope to catch that documentary on CNN...I''ll look out for it.
As for the home movies that I posted, I wanted to let you know that there are more on youtube--it was a fairly long special. I didn''t watch the whole thing. After the Christmas with the supersoakers he uses them in a huge water fight with Janet and Macaulay Culkin. I thought it was cute. There''s also more Elizabeth Taylor in there but I didn''t get that far.

There have been some rumblings about maybe having a tribute concert and I hope so much that they do! It would be amazing to see the celebrities that he has inspired (Usher, Justin Timberlake, Madonna...etc) come together and cover his songs in celebration of his success. I know I''d watch!
Luckystar, I am SO hoping they do this! The conversations right now are about having an enormous tribute concert in L.A. in September that would not only include everyone that''s famous now, but everyone''s whose life or career he has touched. Could you imagine them getting together all of the folks that worked on "We Are the World" with him? It would pretty much be- anyone who''s ever been famous in the music industry. Although no one has mentioned it in anything I''ve read, there''s only one man for this job of bringing everyone together and producing a show that would be the magnitude of this one. Quincy Jones.

It would be wonderful if they actually made a concert of this in a huge venue where people would have to pay for tickets. They would have something to put in trust for his children''s future. Imagine if all of these famous folks performed for free!

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
I second that Tribute Concert idea. Was just talking about it with a friend the other day. Another great idea is to have a musical revolving around MJ''s hits and dance moves. Wouldn''t that be awesome?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2009 2:38:40 PM
Author: DiamondFlame
I second that Tribute Concert idea. Was just talking about it with a friend the other day. Another great idea is to have a musical revolving around MJ''s hits and dance moves. Wouldn''t that be awesome?
Well Cat Stevens has his musical "Moonshadow" opening in London later this year. Michael''s could be "Moonwalker" (just as a weird coincidence). It could be the story of his life. His evolution from front "man" for the Jackson Five to solo superstar. I''d sure go. Imagine "Thriller" being played live by a forty piece orchestra!
The intro would be wild!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Thanks luckystar, and everyone else who posted those wonderful links.

I am still feeling very sad about Michael. I was speaking with friends who grew up with his music in Ukraine. He was immensely popular all over the world, and there is a global sadness as a result of his loss.

I don't remember feeling so badly about a 'celebrity' dying since Barbara Frum.

eta: Diana's death was very sad too.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cried when Jim Henson and Michael Landon died, but since then there''s not been a celebrity death that felt like it hit me in the chest until Michael Jackson. They''re all people I grew up with. Not literally but you get what I''m saying.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2009 5:39:50 PM
Author: packrat
I cried when Jim Henson and Michael Landon died, but since then there''s not been a celebrity death that felt like it hit me in the chest until Michael Jackson. They''re all people I grew up with. Not literally but you get what I''m saying.
I remember when Michael Landon died too. I always watched Little House and Highway to Heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results