shape
carat
color
clarity

Michael Bondanza: Madison

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
what are your thoughts on this ring? I tried it on this evening at was surprised that I like it. I''ve been trying on more delicate solitaires. It does not really come across in this photo, but is has very nice pointed prongs like Leon. And the way the shank tapers to a wider width makes the center stone look HUGE!

It is pricey. If I had someone make something similar, who would you recommend? MWM, Leon, Quest? WF (will they make a setting if I buy the stone from elsewhere??)

Thanks!

bondanza solo.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think for fluid metal MWM does such beautiful and perfect work. I like leon for pave.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a very pretty setting! I agree with Tacori on this one.

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
That is a gorgeous setting, but if you love it as you have seen it in person I''d be cautious about getting another designer to interpret it as it may not be possible to recreate it exactly which could leave you slightly disappointed in the finished product. Having said that, I can''t imagine being disappointed with anything created by Mark Morrell! You have great taste and I''m sure whatever design you end up with will be beautiful.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi mintve!
35.gif

i have also seen in person and tried on mark bondanza and his settings are stunning! i was surprised at the way in which they flattered the hand and the diamond - his work is a work of art for sure. i absolutely loved what i tried on by him, but my concern was that i wanted platinum which ''patinas'' (dulls, really) over time and part of the appeal of his work was the ultimate, mirror-like shine. my assumption, and it was just an assumption on my part, was that the patina would eventually set in with his work as with any other, thus negating the very reason i would have chosen his setting in the first place. granted, you can get it polished up but in my experience platinum returns to patina rather quickly and i did not want to be polishing every six months. i don''t know what alloy he uses though (some use an alloy that seems to stand up to the patina better) so please keep that in mind. it''s funny, even though the appeal of MWM is the fluid finish with amazing shine, i wasn''t bothered by a patina on his work. i think it''s just something about bondanza, his designs are all about that mirror finish and without it i just didn''t picture them holding the same appeal. if you are really considering going with a setting by him, my recommendation would be to call bill pearlman and ask what alloy he uses and how his settings have held up to patina.

just have to say, i''ve been following your journey and i know how hard it can be to decide what you want!! there are just too many great options out there. i''m having fun seeing what new ideas you come up with!! (i still vote MWM
9.gif
though i do understand the appeal of going for a larger diamond in a temp setting and upgrading the setting at a later time. i might be heavily tempted to go that route myself, even though the setting is very important to me personally).

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
thanks ladies! I have a silver ring w/ black mother of pearl that has a similar tapered band it is just looks so pretty on my finger. Maybe I will talk to mark about designing a more traditional looking solitaire from the profile, but wirh the band that fans out like this!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I love this setting, as well as so many other Michael Bonbanza''s! Ever since falling for FacetFire''s modern setting with OEC - sigh....I digress....

It''s so beautiful. Thats all I have to say.
face23.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2008 9:14:55 AM
Author: rainydaze
hi mintve!
35.gif

i have also seen in person and tried on mark bondanza and his settings are stunning! i was surprised at the way in which they flattered the hand and the diamond - his work is a work of art for sure. i absolutely loved what i tried on by him, but my concern was that i wanted platinum which ''patinas'' (dulls, really) over time and part of the appeal of his work was the ultimate, mirror-like shine. my assumption, and it was just an assumption on my part, was that the patina would eventually set in with his work as with any other, thus negating the very reason i would have chosen his setting in the first place. granted, you can get it polished up but in my experience platinum returns to patina rather quickly and i did not want to be polishing every six months. i don''t know what alloy he uses though (some use an alloy that seems to stand up to the patina better) so please keep that in mind. it''s funny, even though the appeal of MWM is the fluid finish with amazing shine, i wasn''t bothered by a patina on his work. i think it''s just something about bondanza, his designs are all about that mirror finish and without it i just didn''t picture them holding the same appeal. if you are really considering going with a setting by him, my recommendation would be to call bill pearlman and ask what alloy he uses and how his settings have held up to patina.

just have to say, i''ve been following your journey and i know how hard it can be to decide what you want!! there are just too many great options out there. i''m having fun seeing what new ideas you come up with!! (i still vote MWM
9.gif
though i do understand the appeal of going for a larger diamond in a temp setting and upgrading the setting at a later time. i might be heavily tempted to go that route myself, even though the setting is very important to me personally).

Rainydaze-
35.gif

You are so sweet! This whole process is so overwhelming. Its hard to decide on something you want to wear for the rest of your life and to represent you and your SO.

I do love the fanned out shank on this ring, but I am not a huge fan of the profile. I also think the patina finish of platinum looks nice on plain platinum. I do not care for it so much on pave. so, i think i will be ok on that front. The more I think about it, the more I think I will talk to MWM about something with a shank/shoulder like this. I think he would do an excellent job and make it the profile look more to my taste. i will keep you posted.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I just have to say that I ADORE that setting! I know, not surprising since I am a Michael Bondanza fan, but the fluidity and substantial nature of his settings just can''t be beat. I am always surprised at how delicate they look on the finger, yet how heavy and substantial they feel. That has always been one of may favorites of his!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2008 12:39:48 PM
Author: FacetFire
I just have to say that I ADORE that setting! I know, not surprising since I am a Michael Bondanza fan, but the fluidity and substantial nature of his settings just can''t be beat. I am always surprised at how delicate they look on the finger, yet how heavy and substantial they feel. That has always been one of may favorites of his!
thanks facet fire! I like way its delicate, but substantial too! I also love your avatar ring! Are there any links to it? who designed it?

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2008 12:53:41 PM
Author: mintve

Date: 1/11/2008 12:39:48 PM
Author: FacetFire
thanks facet fire! I like way its delicate, but substantial too! I also love your avatar ring! Are there any links to it? who designed it?
Here is a link to her most recent pics... https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/some-new-pics-of-my-no-longer-new-oec-e-ring.75945/

Gorgeousness!!!!!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok. it''s official, i have been in lala land... somehow or another despite my obsessive journey through this site i somehow missed FacetFire''s threads.
38.gif
now that i have finally come into the light, i must say this: consider that michael bondanza like you are a woman possessed. i am seriously wishing i hadn''t pulled the one i tried off my finger and walked away as quickly as i did (had more to do with the snotty salesman than the piece). talk about
23.gif
18.gif
30.gif

susi

Shiny_Rock
myntye, what is the size of your stone?? I love this mount! And, have been thinking of possibly getting it.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
We have not bought the stone yet, but we are looking at 1 carat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results