shape
carat
color
clarity

Michael Beaudry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Greetings all!

I have finally found a setting I am in love with
18.gif
(see pic below). I contacted Pearlman''s and was told that I should allow Beaudry to select the stone to set into the ring. Needless to say, I am very apprehensive about this, and I want an H&A diamond.

I suspect Beaudry''s diamonds are cost prohibitive. I saw this setting in person with a .92 G SI1 RB at a B&M, for ~$14,000. I know the setting is ~$7,000 which would put the center stone at $7000, which IMHO is a rip off.

Has anyone had any experiences with Beaudry?

68B18.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
deejay''s ring is actually a Jack Kelege (they are very similar in design style)

It is true the beaudry will now only set their own stones in order to keep the branding in tack or make them *more valuable*. If you love the beaudry setting I would get the real deal if it''s in budget, you''re getting a handmade/heirloom ring and to many it''s worth the premium. I''m pretty sure they will only set ideal stones so I wouldn''t really worry there, but i bet you could bring in your specs and ask that they find a stone they met with your approval. If none of that sounds good to you can always find other designers out there willing to set your stone and go with a H&A if that is what you really want. I believe Maytal Hannah used to work for beaudry and she could probably make something very close, retaining the quality making it the best of both worlds.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to a Beaudry show recently and met the designer. He''s a great guy, and has AMAZING taste-- his pieces are so amazing in person and I''ve now seen quite a few (Art N. also has a few of his pieces and they are amazign). As for the stone cost... well, there is a premium but not as bad a one as with Daniel K or some other designers. So if you want a Beaudry... I''d do it.

But if you just want something similar, I''d contract Maytal Hannah Hoffman (or whatever the order of her last names are) she does lovely work that is very close to his style.

Alternately if you want a designer setting instead of a custom one, I''d look at Jack K settings, or Carl Blackburn settings which are similar also, but will allow you to use your own stone.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone, thanks for your replies!

I definitely want the original Beaudry. I have seen it in person in Las Vegas (that was quite the productive trip!), and the pictures don''t do it justice. I just spoke to Bill Pearlman, and it looks like he can get me an AGS000 stone at a very fair price, and if Beaudry approves his selection, it''ll take 4-6 weeks to complete the ring
36.gif
. I''m so excited!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 4:35:01 PM
Author: brooklyngirl

I definitely want the original Beaudry. I have seen it in person in Las Vegas (that was quite the productive trip!), and the pictures don''t do it justice. I just spoke to Bill Pearlman, and it looks like he can get me an AGS000 stone at a very fair price, and if Beaudry approves his selection, it''ll take 4-6 weeks to complete the ring
36.gif
. I''m so excited!!!
Oh that would be great!! Good luck, keep us posted!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 4:37:14 PM
Author: Kaleigh

36.gif
. I''m so excited!!!
Oh that would be great!! Good luck, keep us posted!!
ditto!

DeeJay, sorry I got the designer wrong on your ring.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/28/2007 4:42:07 PM
Author: Skippy123

DeeJay, sorry I got the designer wrong on your ring.
LOL Skip, half the time *I* can even keep straight what I''ve got, so no worries!

Brooklyngirl, I did consider Beaudry when I was looking for a setting and you are smart to get a stone through Bill P. and have Beaudry set it. That way you get the best of everything -- a good stone at a good price and the setting you want too!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a sweet deal - can''t wait to see it!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

I definitely want the original Beaudry. I have seen it in person in Las Vegas (that was quite the productive trip!), and the pictures don't do it justice. I just spoke to Bill Pearlman, and it looks like he can get me an AGS000 stone at a very fair price, and if Beaudry approves his selection, it'll take 4-6 weeks to complete the ring
36.gif
. I'm so excited!!!

that is very cool. I adore Bill and I can promise you will have a wonderful experience dealing with Pearlmans. Please keep us posted and please come back with pictures when it's complete!!

skippy, hope i didn't come off as unfriendly in my response re: deejay's ring...you know i adore you to pieces
16.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 6:19:55 PM
Author: mrssalvo

that is very cool. I adore Bill and I can promise you will have a wonderful experience dealing with Pearlmans. Please keep us posted and please come back with pictures when it's complete!!

skippy, hope i didn't come off as unfriendly in my response re: deejay's ring...you know i adore you to pieces
16.gif
Mrs. Salvo,no, not at all; I feel the same about you! I was laughing that I got it wrong and here I love DeeJay's ring.

Brooklyngirl, please come back and post lots of pics
36.gif

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Pics will of course be posted immediately
27.gif
. Thanks everyone for the reassurance!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful setting!

One question, though. You are having a round stone set into that setting which has a square stone in the picture? When they make it, will the halo be round or square? Will the hole for the stone be round or square? (Dee Jay, you know where I''m headed with this!)

I''m just mentioning this because Dee Jay bought a setting with a square (cut corners) halo, and she thought the inside part would be round for her round stone, but it came in with a square hole, and she was a little disappointed in that because it wasn''t what she expected. So I am mentioning this so you can get those details straight in advance!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh DS you are SO smart to bring this up to Brooklyngirl *now*!! If I recall correctly Beaudry would have accommodated the center stone with the interior of the halo, but Brooklyngirl, MAKE SURE that is the case and you know exactly what you''re getting before you go ahead. I still suffer from "empty corner syndrome"...

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm... I didn''t think about that. I saw this ring in person with a .92ct round. I don''t remember seeing any holes, but I probably would not have noticed due to all the excitement. Since the ring takes at most a 1ct (6.5mm) round, I''m not sure how much empty space I will see. I do know that the prongs a bit thick, so that should covver up most of the empty space around the corners.

I will absolutely ask Bill about this when I speak to him tomorrow or early next week. Do you guys think he would be able to change the hole so that it''s round, or slightly rounded?

I do know that the prongs a bit thick, so that should covver up most of the empty space around the corners.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
talk to bill, but my guess is beaudry will be able to make it so there are no empty corners.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results