shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank You Whiteflash! E-Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TallTxsun

Rough_Rock
I apologize in advance but I have alot of people to thank and a somewhat long story to tell. This is my first post but I have been reading and learning from all of you for many months.
My process started with Whiteflash and has been one of the most enjoyable buying experiences I have ever had. I had never done anything like this before and very quickly realized that there was a definite process and far too many options. I talked with Bob extensively and ended up going to Houston on two occasions to look at center stones with Brian. Bob and Brian are both wonderful and very enjoyable people to work with.

After hours and hours online, touring my local B&M, and going to Houston...I found the perfect (IMO) center stone. It is a 3.8ct Square Radiant, 67 table, 67 depth, VG P, G S, and an H Si1. I was very concerned about the Si1 but this stone is completely eye clean from all angles and I couldn't be happier with it.

The next process was the setting. I had an original idea of a JB Star ring that we both really liked but the final ring morphed about 20 times. It is a compilation of JB Star, Martin Flyer, Beaudry, Charles Krypell, and probably more...lol.

I will attach the original wax, the rough cast, and the finished ring pictures. I have been trying to take pictures of the ring in the box or on her hand but can't seem to get it right.

On to the proposal, although I kind of already gave her answer away, lol.

She was aware that a proposal was coming but based on the design process, she was lead to believe it could be Jan or Feb before the ring would be done. It was her birthday on Dec 12th, so we decided to get away on a "birthday weekend". She said she wanted to be surprised, so I left every detail very secret and she didn't know where or what until we were experiencing each part.

We flew to Scottsdale on Dec 9th and had lunch with a business partner of mine. We go to Phoenix all the time and she believed I had some business to take care of in the meantime. The 8th was our anniversary and I told her that we would celebrate it on the 9th and then the rest of the weekend would be for her birthday. We checked into the Four Seasons in Scottsdale around noon and went straight out to the hot tub and relaxed for a few hours...they make it very easy. I had made reservations at a new restaurant called Sassi (sassi.biz) because of it's beautiful architecture and scenic views. In addition, it hasn't rained in Scottsdale on the 9th of December for at least the last 5 years...(hint).

She took a long bath and when she was getting out, I told her that I hoped she didn't mind but that I picked out an outfit for her to wear. She thought I was talking about her suitcase but when she walked into the living room, there was a box with a big bow on it from her favorite clothing store and a dress inside. I said Happy Anniversary...starting to get a little nervous that she was catching on.

The sunset was at 5:20pm on the 9th but Sassi didn't open until 5:30. The people at Sassi were wonderful (Jennifer Leeds) and they agreed to set up a table for me at 4:30. I flew in her favorite flowers and had rose petals delivered to spread around. When we arrived, there was a photographer in the front taking pictures of the building. I acted like I didn't notice and started to walk in the restaurant. A few steps from the door we hear someone say..."excuse me". We turn around and it's the photographer. He tells us he is shooting some promos for the facility and did we mind if he took one of us like we were coming out after dinner. Well, one turned into 10, and many more. I had actually paid this gentleman to be there and to photograph this event...he did a wonderful job of acting as well as taking pictures! His name is Matthew and his company is Pefectelegance.com.

Our table was outside with a perfect view to the west and wonderful views of Pinnacle Peak Mtn. When she saw the table with all the flowers, champagne, cheese, etc...she was totally surprised. I said again...Happy Anniversary! lol. After a while, we saw the photographer taking more pics of the building and the grounds and she said...go ask him if he would take some more pics of us at the table...so I did and of course, he did.

As the sun started to set he came over and asked if we would mind one more pose down in the garden area with the mountain and the sunset in the background. We of course said yes and started walking down toward the garden. She is very much into making wishes and I started to tell her that this area was built on ancient Indian ceremonial ground...not sure if she was buying it but it happened so fast, I don't think she had the time to doubt it, lol. I went on to say that the native people believed that if you make a wish on this spot during a sunset...your wish will come true. So, she closed her eyes and made a wish. When she opened them, I was on one knee and reached out for her hand. She was totally shocked. I told her that I have a wish too and went into the proposal. She was so excited and surprised but she did say yes! We hugged and laughed and talked about all the events and what she was thinking...she had no idea.

We finished the champagne and then went inside for dinner, which was fabulous. I asked her what she wanted to do after dinner and she said dancing...so I told her that we should go back to the hotel for a minute and change. When we made it back, I opened the door for her and stood to the side...there was a huge path of rose petals from the door into the bedroom, a very large rose petal heart on the bed, the fireplace going, champagne on ice, and chocolate covered strawberries. I also had a 50th wedding anniversary card waiting for her. Inside it, I talked about how we came together, how wonderful our lives are, and how much I look forward to spending the rest of our lives together and reading the card again on our 50th anniversary with our kids and grandkids by our side. We didn't end up going dancing after all.

To wrap up a very long story...the next morning we flew to San Francisco and spent the day sightseeing and eating! The next day we spent in Napa touring wineries and enjoying the beautiful weather. The last day we spent in Carmel and Monterrey, had a picnic, and walked around.

It was truly wonderful and a time that we will never forget. Thank you again to everyone on this message board for your questions, wisdom, and assistance. Thank you to Whiteflash...Brian, Bob, Lesley, and Vera! I can't imagine you guys doing a better job.

TallTxsun

Rough_Rock
Roughcast...

DMroughcast.jpg

TallTxsun

Rough_Rock
Finished...

DWRing1.JPG

pinkangel

Rough_Rock
That sounds absolutely wonderful!!!

Congratulations to you both!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
omg...that is seriously the sweetest thing I''ve ever heard...
39.gif
now look you done gone and made me cry!!!!

CONGRATS and I hope she wears that beautiful ring in health and happiness for the next 50 years!!

pinkangel

Rough_Rock
And uh, that ring.......Fabulous!!
30.gif

I adore square radiants.
1.gif
36.gif

I''m sure she was overwhelmed. You seem to have thought of everything. What a wonderful and romantic proposal!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow
23.gif
23.gif
30.gif
36.gif

I love seeing the waxes
Thanks for posting. The ring is amazing.

Binki

Rough_Rock
I''m from Texas, too! I was born in Dallas. I''m currently living in San Francisco. Bob at Whiteflash rocks! I picked out a stone and a setting and Bob actually had it made for me and shipped out to San Francisco in a week! We were under time pressure because my fiance'' insisted on having the stone appraised locally and insured before permitting me to have it. Our appraiser was leaving the state until after the holidays which put enormous stress and pressure on everyone to have it finished before she left so that I could have it for Christmas. After the job they did for me, I am on a Whiteflash campaign to send them more business.

That is a beautiful stone and a terrific setting. Looks like they did an exceptional job for you. As for the SI1, I''m sure it''s a great stone. Mine is an S12 and eye clean. I was concerned it would be a speckled mess, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Could you please give us more information regarding the price of the stone and the custom setting if it''s not too personal?

Texans love everything BIG. Great choice.

Bethanying

Shiny_Rock
YAY!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hand pics?? HURRY!!!!!!

:) B

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

such a beautiful proposal!!!

and that ring is gorgeous!!! I love that style!!!

I am looking to have the e-ring by this time next year, I would love to be able to say I designed it myself! it would also make it more unique! but I too daunted by the prospect!!! I am a cotton-headed ninny muggins!!! could you please tell me what the design process was like?

njc

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
23.gif
30.gif
OHMYGOD!!! That is one of the most gorgeous rings i have ever seen in my life! I think i need a cigarette...
30.gif
23.gif
30.gif

And the whole proposal story is to die for!!! Congratulations and wish you many, many happy years!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
HOLY MOLY!!!!! fabulous ring and fabulous proposal story. congratulations!

any chance of some hand pics?
31.gif

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THAT RING IS STUNNING>.... and you dear sir sound like a completly wonderful romantic guy!!! Best wishes to you and your new fiancee!!!

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
OMG,

I totally have tears in my eyes, that is the greatest proposoal story ever and the ring is beyond words. My hats off to you for all the effort you went through to make your honey feel so special and for going all out on your proposal. I am sure you will both look back so fondly on the occasion. The ring is stunning. Bravo my friend!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
.....wiping...tears...and...trying...to...type...
that was an amazing proposal!! ... the ring is stunning and beautiful!!
thanks for sharing!!! congratulations!!!!

z78gml

Shiny_Rock
WOW! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL RING AND BEAUTIFUL STORY. SHE''S ONE LUCKY LADY.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Come to mama!!!
emlove.gif
What a beauty--and congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
emrose.gif

cheers--Sharon

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
I truly think that that is the most amazing proposal story I have ever heard! I am hysterically crying right now! Your fiance is one lucky girl (but I''m sure that she already knows that!)

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!! What an AMAZING ring. Its gorgeous. Congratulations!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Wow is right! What a sweet proposal story and spectacular ring! Congratulations on doing such a fab job on both, and on your new engagement!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Wowwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations!!!!! So happy for a man and woman who are so obviously totally in love!!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I am sensing a theme. We all love the ring. It is fabulous!!!!! Trying to type through the tears engendered by that proposal story is difficult. You are both very lucky, and I wish you your 50 and then some.

Shay

tv77

Rough_Rock
Awesome story and beautiful ring!

-Teresa

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
that was the greatest proposal story ever
face16.gif
her ring is just stunning, the detail work and rock are to die for! can''t wait to see hand pics...please?? congrats on your engagement, and i wish you both happiness and continued memories..for the next 50+ years
face23.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is the most romantic proposal ever....would you care to train my fiance a little?
9.gif

Bob is such a pleasure to work with, he''s the best. The ring is just drop dead gorgeous! Congrats!

book_of_love

Rough_Rock
Oh wow! I''m tearing up! What a lovely proposal, how very romantic of you. And that ring is simply gorgeous! Great choice!!
1.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, that is the sweetest proposal story that i have heard! tears... darn you! hehe, no but seriously what a sweet and thoughtful guy! and the ring, clearly, is absolutely stunning. congrats and best wishes for 50 years and many more
1.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Congratulation! This was a wonderful, moving story of your proposal. Like the others, I''ve got my Kleenex in hand. I can''t wait to see more pics both of the ring on her hand and the event pictures. Good luck to you both!

DiamondLil
36.gif

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
TallTxSun:

Thank you for your kind words. We so enjoyed creating your rng - it is truly magnificent! What a wonderful and caring proposal - she is one lucky gal
2.gif

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results