shape
carat
color
clarity

Michael Beaudry rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chinluvr

Rough_Rock
Has anyone had a custom ring done by Michael Beaudry (www.michaelbeaudry.com)? I love his rings but the cost is very expensive. My husband wants me to get him to custom design a ring for our 25th wedding anniv. but I''m scared that it might not turn out like we envision and then we''d be out alot of money. He''s given us a price to do a ring that includes 2 pear-shaped natural yellows on the sides with my marquise diamond as the center stone. He has a picture of a similar ring on his website but that ring used a marquise diamond surrounded by small round diamonds in the center so mine wouldn''t be exactly like the one on his website. Any information you have about working with this company or any advice about what to put in writing before we give them any money would be greatly appreciated.

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
My wife has two Michael Beaudry rings. We didn't work with him directly but through our jeweler. Both rings were finished when promised (about 6 weeks) and of the finest workmanship.

He is very expensive (you could seriously upgrade your diamond for the price of a setting) so you might want to look at similar products like Tacori (probably around half the price) and Varna (less than Michael Beaudry but more than Tacori) and see if they have anything that fits the bill.

If you do go with Michael Beaudry, I doubt you'll be disappointed. His rings are entirely handmade, hand forged, with all the engraving and filigree work done by hand. He also personally selects the accent stones (he is a former diamond cutter). We also went with something similar to one on his website but with a different shape center and the result looks perfect.

We didn't have anything in writing but worked through our jeweler and had no trouble.

chinluvr

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your post. I was beginning to think no one knew him. Your wife is a very lucky woman to have not one but two of his rings. I haven't seen any of his work that we didn't think was absolutely beautiful. As his site states, each piece is truly a piece of art. Stephen, his veep, is in town today for a trunk showing so we plan to go look.

I only know of a couple of places in town that carry Tacori and I'm not impressed by those stores although I do like Tacori. I'm not familiar with the other brand you mentioned so I'll look it up on the net.

There's only one store in town that carries Beaudry and I think they have very high mark ups to begin with but I don't know what other choice I have since there is no other place to get his jewelry. Thanks again for the post.

bling

Shiny_Rock
Chinluvr..sorta off topic but is that a Japanese chin in your avater? I didnt know they came in any other color except black and white. My aunt used to have a couple many years ago...you just dont see them that often..very cute!
9.gif

edited...sorry i spelled your name wrong!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
From what I know of Michael Beaudry, he is the desinger of rings to the stars in CA... That may be why he's so pricey. he's been worn by many actresses and starlets. Yes, he is costly, but I also heard the same thing that his quality is excellent.

I first heard of him from a woman I knew who was very big into the whole MONEY MONEY MONEY thing, and she had a huge rock (can't remember size), but she warned me to get nothing smaller than a 2ct as a starter ring
rolleyes.gif
...and to get it designed by Michael Beaudry. I looked him up and he had very intricate and ornate rings, which didn't work well with my style, so I sort of pushed that out of my mind. He is high price, high quality, so I doubt his repuation doesn't accurately describe him... Good luck and tell us how it works out if you do use him! (and post pictures!!)
love.gif

chinluvr

Rough_Rock
Yes, it's my red and white male Japanese chin. I also have 2 black and white females. One is the offspring of the r&w. My male is an AKC champion that we showed to his championship. In addition to r&w and b&w there is also a tri-color, which is really rare. Thanks for asking.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not very familiar with the work, but this is man with a style: if you like what he does best (the more complex designes on his site), it will have to be by him or a long serch to find a 'replacement'. For simple three stone ring, not half of the techniques going into those would be needed amd many more would most likely do it right.

Yellow diamonds are not at all complicated to locate....

Conclusion? not my piece of pie but clearly impressive work, of course.

dunndeal

Rough_Rock
Micheal Beaudry is a very amazing designer to say the least. I find his work to be very compelling. My only concern I have when dealing with such designers is buying substantial sidestones or centerstones through them. The price is often prohibitive. The only alternative you have is to find a jeweler that has CAD/CAM/RTM machine along with a skilled hand engraver and he can do a variation (not an exact copy) of the ring that you probably would be very happy with. The CAD will allow you to have a look before the ring goes into production from all angles.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mr. Dunn, your store rocks - cheap pun intended ! The custom design and colored gems presentations look particularly intriguing. Not too many sites seem to display semiprecious beads and briolettes as a fashion jewelry attraction. One more can only be good news.

I can't bealieve I have not seen this site until now !
1.gif

dunndeal

Rough_Rock
Thanks Valeria
twirl.gif

chinluvr

Rough_Rock
Sean,
Impressive website. I've attached a pic of the ring on Michael's site. I want to customize the ring by using my 3 ct. MQ in the ctr w/o any rd diamonds surrounding it. Michael was providing the 36, 1 pt. rds on the split shank and 2, .20 ct ea. fancy yellow pears that are bezel set in YG. All filigree in the gallery area is to be YG but the rest of the ring is platinum. Can you email me privately to discuss further?

Beaudry ring.jpg

GWY04

Rough_Rock
FYI;
I bought my first Michael Beaudry ring on Friday at Borsheims in Omaha Nebr. The designer was there with his collection. The pricing was very fair for the quality of ring. I would advise you consider working through Borsheims in Omaha, Nebraska to see what they have. Warren Buffett owns the store and the jewelry is premium with significant discounts. If interested, I will provide the name of my salesperson.

chinluvr

Rough_Rock
What did you get? Was Michael at Borsheim's? His Veep, Steven Moore, was at a trunk show here in The Woodlands (Houston) last month. I'm having Michael make my ring. It should be ready in 6 weeks. We looked at other designers but they all were close in price so we decided to go with Michael, who was our first choice anyway.

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few close-ups of Michael Beaudry engagement rings along with their retail prices for those who are interested (price doesn't include centerstone).

Price: $4500

MB4500.jpg

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
Price: $5950

MB5950.jpg

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
Price: $7600

MB7600.jpg

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
Price: $8700

MB8700.jpg

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
Price: $10900

MB10900.jpg

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some wedding bands.

Price: $2200

MB2200.jpg

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
Price: $9860

MB9860.jpg

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
And some eternity bands.

Price: $36500

MB36500.jpg

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
Price: $55000

MB55000.jpg

bethann

Rough_Rock
Chinluvr

I met with Beaudry's rep there at Donoho's 2 years ago. The ring prices were very high, but I really expected that. I was quoted $9600. - 10,000. just for the setting. I have yet to find one that I love as much. Whiteflash made one for a member here on Pricescope that was sorta like a Beaudry setting. It did look nice and I might end up going in that direction. But I am wondering if I can get just the setting, say from Borsheims and my radiant from someone else? I love going in Donohos from time to time, just to absorb all the pretties.

chinluvr

Rough_Rock
Superidealist, thanks for posting the pics and prices. How old are the prices you've listed? I've been quoted $8550 to make the split shank design with 2 fancy yellow pears (tw .40) and .35 tw rd brilliants in platinum with 18kt yg in the gallery area and around the yellow pears. Do you think I'm overpaying?

We just found out today that Michael Beaudry will not stamp BEAUDRY in my ring since I provided him with the center stone (3ct. MQ IF clarity, which I bought from WF)! All he will do these days is stamp a B with a circle on the inside of the band. According to his veep, they only stamp BEAUDRY in the rings that have used his diamonds. They are trying to protect his brand. I guess he's gotten so popular that he can do this but it sure is hard to accept when you're paying this much for a setting.

Bethann, FYI Donoho's was surprised by Beaudry's attitude and very apologetic but said there was nothing they can do to change Beaudry's mind. I, too, talked to WF about making a Beaudry lookalike but decided that I wanted the real thing although now I'm wondering how much of the real thing this ring will be without the BEAUDRY stamp.

Part of me says to blow Beaudry off and get Eli Jewels to make me a ring. They have a similar look. The only problem is my diamond is at Beaudry's shop in LA and I'd have to tell them to send it back to me. This really has me upset. What do you all think? Should I stick with letting Beaudry make the ring even if he'll only stamp it with a B and a circle?

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
The price seems in line with the prices I posted, which were current as of yesterday, as far as I know. Your setting is priced higher most likely because of the fancy sidestones and the fact that a 3ct marquise centerstone will require a larger undergallery with more filigree work.

I'm sorry to hear that they are treating differently stones bought independently from those bought through Beaudry. I really doubt that it is done for financial reasons - to sell one more diamond, that is. I imagine it's because Michael Beaudry wants control over all aspects of the design. It may be that he's seen diamonds placed in his settings that are embarrassing to him, would really rather not have such a ring as a "Beaudry" original, and has developed this policy to deal with the problem. This is not to say that your diamond isn't up to snuff, since it appears to be a blanket policy. This is certainly off-putting and sounds very snooty, but I think Beaudry is just being careful about protecting the integrity of his brand.

I would have recommended you have your jeweler mediate, but it sounds like you've already pursued this without success. It sounds like you've been told to take it or leave it. If you do go with Beaudry, I'm sure the only difference will be the stamp. I don't know how important it is to you to have "BEAUDRY" stamped on the inside of the ring but if it will anger or upset you every time you see it, you may want to look elsewhere.

chinluvr

Rough_Rock
Just got back from another trunk show at Donoho's where we met Charles Krypell. He's so nice and down to earth. He made us feel so good and seemed genuinely interested in making a custom ring for my marquise AND he will stamp it like his other rings. Needless to say, we're going with Charles instead of Beaudry. I'm so thrilled that he is going to make my ring. I have a few of his pieces (Sweetheart Collection). And he'll have it ready in 3 weeks!!!

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad to hear that you've found someone you feel happy about working with. Good luck on your ring.

sziklai

Rough_Rock
I have a Michael Beaudry engagement ring and wedding band. It is exquisite and was appraised at $10,000. more than my husband paid. I cannot say enough about Michael, he brought quite a few choices to my husband, after he picked the one he liked Michael helped him choose a larger center stone. It is so beautiful, I have never seen another one anywhere near it, I constantly get comments on it. All of the stones are very good quality, cut perfectly, and the ring is amazing. For a wedding ring, my husband told Michael what we were looking for, he mailed him some choices that were perfect.
When my husbands son got married, they went to Michael also, and her rings are exquisite. Again, Michael personally helped them. The same ring at Tiffanys, minus the two side stones, was over $100,000, they paid a quarter of that.
Michael's rings are unbelievably beautiful, all one of a kind, and Michael has been great to work with, I would suggest that you go right to him, not a jewelery store which is going to add a scandalous profit.
Anyways, we just cannot reccomend him enough.
Also, very carefully check Michael Beaudry "recreations" (also known as copies) the stones never compare to the quality of stones in the origional and they are worth much much less and will never have that special look. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21.gif

bethann

Rough_Rock
Interesting that one can go directly to Michael. Are the prices really lower if I call his office/showroom in Beverly Hills? (I think that's where it is) I knew that I could get a lower price through Borsheim's, but I guess it never occured to me that my local dealer, Donoho's, (Houston) would add that much. When I visited with his rep at the store here, I thought the stones in some of the settings were below par for the price attached to them. The ring I was interested in would have been around $65, 000, with an I colored 4.5 - 5.00ct radiant. After everything I have and still learning here on pricescope, I did not feel commfortable with a stone I did not personally search. I think Michael does incredible work. Every ring I look at is measured against his. I have yet to find one that would take its place. But I felt uncomfortable with what I saw under that loupe!
I wonder if he would allow an Original Radiant to be used as the center stone? Or would it have to be one of his? I am not belittling his stones, I just know what I would like to have!

chinluvr

Rough_Rock
Bethann,
Michael's vp, Stephen, will not deal with someone directly. You go through the retailer, which for us is Donoho's. Michael did not want to make us a ring using my 3 carat, internally flawless, marquise diamond. We were told that the only way he would do us a ring with my stone was to not stamp the ring with Beaudry. We felt that for the price we would be paying for him to make the ring he should be willing to stamp the ring. He's into selling a "complete" package, i.e., his laser inscribed diamond that he cut and his ring.

I love the ring Charles Krypell made for me. I look at it and have no regrets about not using Beaudry. We feel that we got a lot of substance (diamonds, heavy platinum) for our money than what Beaudry was going to do for us. Charles was genuine and thrilled to design a ring for us.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results