shape
carat
color
clarity

Michael B 2mm Petite Princess or 2.2mm Princess and with or without V cuts??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
I made the trip to Atlanta yesterday to compare the Michael B Petite Princess (2mm), the Michael B Regular Princess (2.2mm), and the 1.9mm Michael B Trois band. I having narrowed it down to this in choosing my wedding band, however still a few question remain.

First, I am trying to decide whether the 2mm Petite Princess or the 2.2mm Regular Princess looks better with my e-ring.

Then, second, I am also posting pics of the 1.9mm Trois ring as well because, although I wouldn''t consider this because it is too thin, it shows what the side of the ring look like without the V cuts that the princess bands have in it. Michael B is able to make the Princess or Petite Priness with or without V cuts. The pics I have shown of the two princess rings HAVE V cuts on the side, so it give you an idea when you compare it to the side of the Trois that does not have V cuts.

What do you guys think looks better....2mm or 2.2mm Princess, and then should I get that with the V cuts or request to have it made without?

Thanks!!

p.s. This first pic of of the PETITE Princess 2mm (with V cuts on side)

MBpetiteprinesswering.jpg

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Petite Princess 2mm with V cuts alone

MBPetiteprincessalone.jpg

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Regular PRincess 2.2mm with V cuts on side (side note - the height is slightly diff than my e-ring because it is a size too big, but also because the height of the ring is slightly more - this could be adjusted by them to match e-ring)

MBPrincessvcuts.jpg

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Princess 2.2mm alone with v cuts on side

MBpriness2.2mm.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I prefer the regular but they both look good.

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Trois ring 1.9mm to show what no v cuts look like

MB Trois no v cuts.jpg

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Trois 1.9mm without v cuts on side (alone)

MBTroisalone.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 11:55:57 AM
Author: Lorelei

Yah me too. I like the smidgeon of extra width on the regular--nice with your ering!

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
p.s. On the Michael B website, if you are trying to use the princess ENGAGEMENT ring setting, he suggests either the Petite PRincess 2.0mm or regular Princess 2.2mm depending on what the size of your enagement ring diamond is. For anything below 1.5ct he suggests the petite princess 2.0mm and for 1.5ct to 2ct he suggests the regular 2.2mm princess. I am not, obviously, trying to set my engagement diamond, but am trying to buy my wedding ring. Do you think his advice carries over to pairing the princess wedding band with my e-ring (ie. should I go with the Petite princess wedding band because if I were to set my diamond in the same ring (which I am not) that would be the size he recommends). A little over-analyzing on my part, I know...but I can''t help it :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the regular tooooo. Made the same height as your ering. Cant really comment on the Vs because I cant tell the difference from the
picture.

Your ering and the regular will make a lovely set!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 11:59:13 AM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 3/1/2009 11:55:57 AM
Author: Lorelei

Yah me too. I like the smidgeon of extra width on the regular--nice with your ering!
Ditto - I personally prefer the look of the slightly wider band with your e-ring

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I like the regular band!! Looks beautiful with your e-ring. But I can''t see the difference with V and no V cuts.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I actually like the petite one better.
3.gif
I also can''t really see much of a difference with or without the Vs - bigger pics perhaps?

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I like the look of the regular better
35.gif

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
From a normal eye view, looking down on the V cuts or no V cuts, it is hard to tell the difference. I hope Mrssalvo doesn''t mind my using her thread to show the difference. She has taken much better pictures of the differences between Michael B V cuts/fishtale pace vs. no V cuts/fishtale pave. I think I am leaning towards the regular princess (2.2mm), but am a little worried of ordering the no V cuts only because I have never seen it in the 2.2mm in person. Although the no V cuts siding would match my smooth sided e-ring better, there is a slightly less clean looking line on the side of the NO v cuts one in the place that separates the pave part from the plain metal part. The V cuts, even under a loop, look very regular and I think it makes the ring look a little more sparkly, although they do add an ever so slight bumpiness when you see it up close

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/michael-b-princess-rings-style-differences.44948/

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
p.s. side note: I was trying to search for Mrssalvo''s actual upgrade pics last night but couldn''t find them. After reading her threads I am curious to see what she ended up getting for her upgrade. Does anyone know the thread that shows these pics?

Bright.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
After seeing the pics, I like the fishtail.
1.gif

krockie

Shiny_Rock
I like the Petite with no V cuts. The 1.9 mm band is too narrow, but the 2 mm is perfect.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I think either look great!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I like the thicker one but the look without the V cuts better.

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!! I am going with the slightly thinner Michael B Petite Princess 2mm with fishtails/V cuts because of two reasons. First, I feel like it nicely accents while not overshadowing my e-ring diamond (I feel like there is a hint of the slightly thicker band competing with my e-ring) and also because (drum roll:) my logic is that the 2mm band is recommended by Michael B as an engagement band width for my size e-diamond (1.31ct) and if, ever someday, I want to reset my e-ring diamond to this e-ring setting, then I''ll already have the wedding band that goes with it!! :) I know, it''s sadly pitiful that I am already thinking this way and not even married yet!! Hehehe.....
36.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wonderful choice! They all looked beautiful (including the trois) in different ways, of course, but you seem very happy in your choice which is all that matters!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results