shape
carat
color
clarity

Message for gladyskristen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

protel

Rough_Rock
Hi gladyskristen, i''m impressed with your ring setting as well as the stone even though you had a problem with the first store it''s good to see that you finally get your diamond set onto your desired ring setting and were able to get a refund from them.

pardon me if i didn''t clearly read or perhaps have missed any information regarding the custom procedure when you get it sent to singapore and the cost to get it set at Yuen Tung Gems.

Do you mind to share your experience in regards of the custom, did you pay for (7% GST) and was there any hassle when your item arrived in singapore? and last but not least, may i know how much did u pay to get the ring done at Yuen Tung Gems.

Your advice would be highly appreciated. Have a great afternoon
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi protel. I''m obviously not gladyskristen, but I wanted to chime in in case she doesn''t see this (she hasn''t posted here for over a month so this might slip by before she next signs on).

Anyway, the design of her ring (if memory serves me correctly) is very simple and similar to the X-prong. It''s likely that you could have it done at any custom vendor.

Here is the x-prong:

428379552_345be2eed7.jpg

protel

Rough_Rock
Hi musey :) thx for replying to this thread, and thx for letting me know that shes been away for over a month....

yeah if i''m not mistaken thats the setting that she has, but since i''m not a local here in singapore and as im a new person in this jewellry world im kinda lost where to go for a good setting in singapore.

anyway if you do have a time do you mind to post your comment and suggestion on my other thread since i''ve got any replied from the experts on this forum yet.

here is the link https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-help-on-picking-the-right-stone.71206/

thx musey.

shyuru

Rough_Rock
protel, if your stone is sent by FEDEX, my experience is that they will pay the 7% GST for you 1st upon reaching Singapore customs and deliver to it your home or specified address. I got it within 3 days from the diamond was shipped in US.

They will bill you the 7% GST about 1 week later with an additional advance tax handling fee of about $20. IIRC, GST is applicable for all goods imported above the value of $400.

protel

Rough_Rock
thx shyuru for you info, guess i can''t run away from the GST
41.gif

btw did u get ur setting done from the same store that you bought ur stone or you get it done in singapore?

have a great weekend.

shyuru

Rough_Rock
I got my setting together with my stone..maybe you can just give Yuen Tung a call to discuss with them your requirements and approx costs.

protel

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 2:36:40 AM
Author: shyuru
I got my setting together with my stone..maybe you can just give Yuen Tung a call to discuss with them your requirements and approx costs.

yeah will do that tomorrow, go to there and discuss it with them. anyway when u got ur stone did u get it appraised? is it possible to get it appraised thoroughly after the stone is mounted to the ring?

i''ve asked SIG and they said it costs S$60 to get it appraised.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Protel!

Sorry for being so late on this! Missed ur message earlier on. Anyway, you''ll have to pay 7% of cost of diamond + cost of shipping as GST. Fedex will settle that for you first and you''ll receive a bill from them later for 7% GST + SGD$10 admin fee.

I had my setting done at Yuen Tung Gems. Here''s their contact if you''re interested:

Yuen Tung Gems
Block 1093 Lower Delta Road
#07-09
Tel: 62702278
Email: [email protected]
Contact person: Whye Hoe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results