shape
carat
color
clarity

Mercedes GLS 450 vs. Volvo xc90 inscription

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
From what I have heard the 2017 models onwards have been reliable cars although obviously they're still new but apparently issues are becoming fewer, my boss also has a 2017 Evoque and swears by it. I have thought before that there may be a difference between what we get here in Australia and what is sold in the US, I don't know if there are quality issues when doing left or right hand conversions but that would be where I would start looking as it may explain why the cars in the US have issues and elsewhere don't.

An example of differing quality in countries is that nobody in Australia buys a Jeep, yet I believe they're well regarded in the US. They're pure garbage here.

Even if it is unreliable, RR has a cult following and the resale would still be decent. So even with repair costs you're still ahead compared to the Volvo or Merc :lol:

RR’s still are unreliable and are a pain for servicing up here in Brisbane.

I was considering an upgrade from our Toyota Camry to a MB Touring Estate Wagon (would rather one of them than a SUV driving dynamics wise). But after what I’ve heard about MB Australia not following what is required of them under Australian Consumer Law when one of their cars turns into a lemon, they have lost me as a customer for the foreseeable future. Instead, we said hello to a BMW 5-Series Touring (about 90% of the options list was included on it) for the missus, I and bub that we got for a very good price.

I’m more inclined with a current model XC90 in Inscription or R-Design trim rather than a GLS if I was to go SUV. More standard kit for the money here in Australia rather than having to go through the options list with the Benz.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The demonstrators here usually come fully loaded with all the extras which makes them such a good buy.

That’s exactly what we did for our BMW 5-Series Touring. The new G31 model has only been out here in Australia for a few months but there are a few late model F11’s at dealers that they are selling as BMW Premium Selection pre-owned vehicles (even if they are dealer demonstrators/ex-demo’s).

The F11 M-Sport diesel we bought was two years old, but hadn’t been driven more than 6120 miles during that time as a dealer demonstrator (so around 3k miles/year). Loaded up with nearly all of the extras one could get for the 520d (only thing missing was Adaptive LED lights which are now standard on the G31)

Got balance of factory warranty plus BMW Premium Selection warranty and servicing costs for the next 3 years on top of that, and all at approximately 50% off the list price. Now already thinking about the next car and a XC90 Inscription/R-Design with the D5 Diesel engine is looking right up our alley in a few years time. More standard kit in Inscription or R-Design trims that I don’t need to pay extra for in an Audi Q7 or BMW X5 (particularly that third row in the X5).

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We looked at the Niro @Arcadian but the boot wasn’t big enough for our dog, so we got another Sportage.

The demonstrators here usually come fully loaded with all the extras which makes them such a good buy.

BTW I took one for a test drive. gosh, I was a little underwhelmed (great looking car though) does not have the torque that my cmax does (188 versus 146:shock::eek-2:) and the breaks freaked me out(they felt quite soft!) Much as I'm not ready for total EV, I'm going to test drive the BMW i3s on Monday.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, I would’ve chosen the Volvo too. I currently drive a 2015 X5 diesel. Love that I can drive from the Bay Area to Southern California on 3/4 of a tank. My husband drives a MB E350. We’ve thought about trading his car in for the XC90! Let us know what you think. Happy driving!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have loved and enjoyed our BMW X3.. we don't need a X5 as it's just us and the dog. I've had BMW, Mercedes and Lexus, by far in my opinion Lexus is the most luxurious, the BMW the best fit for us and my mercedes well that thing was way too fast, great handling car, very German damn clock every year was a pain to reset.. gave the Volvo to hubster in divorce (ahole).. but the only SUVs I have had are the BMW and a Ford Explorer, I loved the Explorer but drove it to its death. I look at Cayenne but think it's over priced. I saw a Masserati SUV when I was getting my hair done at the poshy place I waste my money at .. at the local Jaguar place I see they have an SUV. lots to choose from, we would get a BMW again I think, depends on money.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
We have loved and enjoyed our BMW X3.. we don't need a X5 as it's just us and the dog. I've had BMW, Mercedes and Lexus, by far in my opinion Lexus is the most luxurious, the BMW the best fit for us and my mercedes well that thing was way too fast, great handling car, very German damn clock every year was a pain to reset.. gave the Volvo to hubster in divorce (ahole).. but the only SUVs I have had are the BMW and a Ford Explorer, I loved the Explorer but drove it to its death. I look at Cayenne but think it's over priced. I saw a Masserati SUV when I was getting my hair done at the poshy place I waste my money at .. at the local Jaguar place I see they have an SUV. lots to choose from, we would get a BMW again I think, depends on money.
I agree the Cayenne is overpriced for what you get!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results