shape
carat
color
clarity

Men's Wedding Band Help

noob2010

Rough_Rock
Hi, I’m not sure if this is the right site or section to post this question, but everyone here was really helpful when I was searching for a diamond for my FI.

I’m looking for a wedding band made from either tungsten or titanium like these:

http://www.jamesallen.com/ring/item_498-4186.asp
or
http://www.trewtungsten.com/collection.php (TTX style)

I don’t need anything fancy. From what I’ve read, tungsten is very durable (great for me), but heavy. I like the weight of titanium, but apparently it is not as scratch resistant.

On different rings I’ve seen with the center section brushed, some appear to reflect more light than others. For instance, at the local jewelry store, the titanium was very “blingy.” When I shifted the ring around, the center brushed section looked like it went from grey to white. Tungsten was almost similar, but white gold looked the dullest. I liked the white gold one I saw, but don’t like maintenance and fragility of the metal.

Do different metals reflect light differently or is it a function of how high they polish the brush section?
Sorry for the urgency, but I really need to find a ring asap. Been busy with finding her rings and the other wedding stuff that I neglected to find myself a ring :)

Btw, why are the tungsten and titanium rings on amazon.com so cheap? The design I’m interested in seems pretty common so there are comparable ones on amazon.

Thanks for your help.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think it just depends on the finish applied. Both tungsten and titanium are a darker grey color than platinum or white gold.

Also the price difference is probably due to warranty/etc. Some pricier tungsten bands will come with lifetime replacement since they cannot be sized.

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
There is another metal out there that's lighter in color than titanium or tungsten called cobalt chrome. It is harder than titanium and it polishes up to a very lusterous finish. It has the look of platinum and the weight of gold for a lot less than either.

noob2010

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I just discovered Cobalt Chrome a couple days ago and I'm actually favoring it! Was looking at Scott Kay. The search continues...

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results