Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Men''s Health

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
If any of you guys read Men's Health magazine, there's a short bit in this month's issue about buying an engagement ring. Among other gaffes, they recommend bonded diamonds and that you insist on a GIA cert that shows make grade 1 or 2.

Ugh. I feel like writing them a letter except that part of me thinks that people who take advice on diamonds from consumer magazines deserve what they get.:devil:

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
There are people who would say that someone who buys a stone off the internet deserves what they get. And they do! They deserve a fantastic stone for a good price!

I told some people at a party that I bought the stone "off the internet" and got some funny looks, so maybe I should say "I searched the entire country and the stone for her was at a jewelry store in Oregon so I had it flown in by next day Fedex..."

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 11/20/2002 12:21:52 PM

They probably haven't read anything but Fred C.' book or just had him as diamond advisor...:read:
----------------

I got that impression. They recommended DCI as a source for information on bonded diamonds. :rolleyes:

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
That MAXIM article says to search for price here http://www.wherethediamondsare.com/diamond_search.asp

I put in a round/VS1/D/1.02 and it said $8600. This is about $400 more than I paid for my stone through a pricescope dealer. And my stone was an AGS000. Now I am certain the stone that place will sell you for $8600 is not an AGS000 stone and probably is available for more like $7500 if it had a so-so cut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.