shape
carat
color
clarity

Men''s Health

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
If any of you guys read Men's Health magazine, there's a short bit in this month's issue about buying an engagement ring. Among other gaffes, they recommend bonded diamonds and that you insist on a GIA cert that shows make grade 1 or 2.

Ugh. I feel like writing them a letter except that part of me thinks that people who take advice on diamonds from consumer magazines deserve what they get.:devil:

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
There are people who would say that someone who buys a stone off the internet deserves what they get. And they do! They deserve a fantastic stone for a good price!

I told some people at a party that I bought the stone "off the internet" and got some funny looks, so maybe I should say "I searched the entire country and the stone for her was at a jewelry store in Oregon so I had it flown in by next day Fedex..."

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
They probably haven't read anything but Fred C.' book or just had him as diamond advisor...:read:

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 11/20/2002 12:21:52 PM

They probably haven't read anything but Fred C.' book or just had him as diamond advisor...:read:
----------------

I got that impression. They recommended DCI as a source for information on bonded diamonds. :rolleyes:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Sure. Most of these "tips" are paid infomercials. Check out this one for example:
[/u]

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
That MAXIM article says to search for price here http://www.wherethediamondsare.com/diamond_search.asp

I put in a round/VS1/D/1.02 and it said $8600. This is about $400 more than I paid for my stone through a pricescope dealer. And my stone was an AGS000. Now I am certain the stone that place will sell you for $8600 is not an AGS000 stone and probably is available for more like $7500 if it had a so-so cut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results