shape
carat
color
clarity

Mens Bling Eyecandy Folder

Sfadman

Rough_Rock
My untreated ruby in a handmade 18kt yellow gold vintage style ring by Kristen Jones 15503862149244672171794224163698.jpg
That is a beautiful ruby and the ring design is so cool - nice work!

Corbes55

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the positive feedback! I put alot of time and care into finding this stone and worked closely with the artist to bring my vision to life. I gave her photos of antique Russian rings for inspiration, that I found on pinterest. Most of the photos I liked led me to romanov Russia. Next on the list; an untreated sapphire with the same inspirations!

Sfadman

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the positive feedback! I put alot of time and care into finding this stone and worked closely with the artist to bring my vision to life. I gave her photos of antique Russian rings for inspiration, that I found on pinterest. Most of the photos I liked led me to romanov Russia. Next on the list; an untreated sapphire with the same inspirations!
Where did you end up sourcing the stone - it’s really beautiful!

Corbes55

Rough_Rock
A good friend of mine who is a GIA GG sourced the stone for me. I payed a little over wholesale for it but I didnt mind because it is truly a top quality stone. 2.33CT , GIA report, eye clean, high fluorescence, Slight purplish Red (stunning vivid red in incandescent) with an excellent cut, Mozambique origin
*And no indications of heating, of course

Corbes55

Rough_Rock
@Corbes55 Good job on that, sir. Do you recall what your artist charged for her design fee?
The end cost after taxes was around 4700$ CDN for the ring. It weighs about an ounce. She charges like $100 an hour for the design, I think it was 800-1000$ for the actual wax carving. And she charges a premium on the gold, which I happily pay because i think she is top shelf! 100/gram.

cocotate

Rough_Rock
Some big blings for men. :eek2:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My wedding band, made by David Klass. I think it’s phenomenal! (7) Baguette’s 1ctw 16.5 grams in platinum with milgrain in size 10.5
AF9E011E-B1FD-4261-A106-97F447AE264E.jpeg CA0DA608-8558-42C4-A451-EE5D8625B00F.jpeg DF60CB1A-6FD4-4537-807A-22F463C33923.jpeg 857C6795-57F4-4C2E-A617-938A7D0B3031.jpeg
Nice and simple just like it should be.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if this has been posted before, but I thought this was awesome!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ting-for-a-rough-diamond.123612/#post-2164495

DsRings2.jpg

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Yes, side view. 1.56 carats? What are it's dimensions in mm?
And I love how it is so low-profile on your finger.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
7.5 up and down 8.5 point to point. Gia cert says 8.71x7.37x3.08 But I’m not exactly sure which way they measure it
Thanks. I really like it. Who designed the ring for you?

One other question if you don't mind - is the band solid or open below the culet of the stone?

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. I really like it. Who designed the ring for you?

One other question if you don't mind - is the band solid or open below the culet of the stone?

I designed the ring! I didn’t want a high polish because the diamond would get lost. I don’t live a satin finish, but the LOVE the brushed!

Hexagons have a little window in the middle that I didn’t want to see. When they are pressed against metal, you don’t see it. This is why the undercarriage is solid, and the sides are open to let in light. The bezel and the little groove dug out next to the bezel are high polish. There was soo much going on, I’m amazed it came out perfect on the first try!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I designed the ring! I didn’t want a high polish because the diamond would get lost. I don’t live a satin finish, but the LOVE the brushed!

Hexagons have a little window in the middle that I didn’t want to see. When they are pressed against metal, you don’t see it. This is why the undercarriage is solid, and the sides are open to let in light. The bezel and the little groove dug out next to the bezel are high polish. There was soo much going on, I’m amazed it came out perfect on the first try!

Your ring is truly perfect. It's gorgeous.:love:

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock

Wow - good job, sir! That sounds like an excellent way of handling that window.
So you designed it and cast it yourself?

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
Wow - good job, sir! That sounds like an excellent way of handling that window.
So you designed it and cast it yourself?

Ohhhhhh Lol! No! I actually went with a jeweler I had never worked with before. Quite honestly, the building looks like you need to be a zillionaire to walk in. To get inside the store you have to go through multiple doors that do not open until the door behind you closes. The luxury-ness of the store is the reason I never went in- I was scared of it! They have a competitor walking distance who I thought I had a great relationship with, but they quoted $4,350 for the setting which I thought was outrageous. This store did it for half that.

I drew it out and they created the CAD, resin casting, ect.

Quit honestly, when going custom, I feel at the end (for me) there is always something that can be tweaked or something I would want changed “had I known”. This is the first time I’ve ever felt completely satisfied. Needless to say, I found a new jeweler!

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
@Menlikediamondstoo Your ring is badass man. People don’t always think step cuts can shine but if they catch the light just right they can display some real fireball light.

Here’s mine:
19E2BB92-066C-48A4-849F-9886F3AEBD38.jpeg 34914A26-152E-4C72-BEE9-2D3CFA795031.jpeg

I agree! I find that my round is like fireworks, but the hexagon gives big, blinding flashes of light!

Your ring looks awesome! Do you have a top view?

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
I agree! I find that my round is like fireworks, but the hexagon gives big, blinding flashes of light!

Your ring looks awesome! Do you have a top view?

@Menlikediamondstoo Your ring is badass man. People don’t always think step cuts can shine but if they catch the light just right they can display some real fireball light.

Here’s mine:
19E2BB92-066C-48A4-849F-9886F3AEBD38.jpeg 34914A26-152E-4C72-BEE9-2D3CFA795031.jpeg

Ahh just saw it above. Love the easy to West setting! Ugh. I need to stop!! I’m a dead man If I even think about another ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results