carat
color
clarity

Men in Victoria Secret

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1465757895|4043266 said:
The only man who is touching me in that area has to have a PhD or has signed the same marriage license as I have.

Uh, Monnie? Actually "men with Ph.D s" shouldn't be touching you (unless they are your lovers, relatives or friends touching you in non-sexual ways, or have some other specialized areas of expertise e.g. clergy). In other words, a Ph.D in psychology, like an MSW, shouldn't be touching you. Only psychiatrists, among mental health professionals, being medical doctors, should lay their hands on patients. I would really doubt that there would be any need, under most circumstances, for any psychiatrist to touch you, "in that area" either!

Deb ;))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven't you heard, ALL of us men are child molesters!
Close your curtains; there's probably a man peeking in your window right NOW!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to walk around if there wasn't female checker available..now i just don't care. I'm a girl, I get my period, I wear underwear and bras. My brother used to call me or my mom when he needed toilet paper b/c he was too embarrassed to go thru the checkout, and especially if the checker was really pretty, or if he knew her, oh lordy. :rolleyes: .

I don't think they could ever have "fitters" of the opposite sex in stores-seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1465761699|4043290 said:

Serves 'em right then, to peek in here and see me curled up on the couch shoveling peanut butter m&m's in my gullet and needing a shower after sweating buckets in the heat outside this morning. Ick.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1465761451|4043288 said:
monarch64|1465757895|4043266 said:
The only man who is touching me in that area has to have a PhD or has signed the same marriage license as I have.

Uh, Monnie? Actually "men with Ph.D s" shouldn't be touching you (unless they are your lovers, relatives or friends touching you in non-sexual ways, or have some other specialized areas of expertise e.g. clergy). In other words, a Ph.D in psychology, like an MSW, shouldn't be touching you. Only psychiatrists, among mental health professionals, being medical doctors, should lay their hands on patients. I would really doubt that there would be any need, under most circumstances, for any psychiatrist to touch you, "in that area" either!

Deb ;))

Thank you for the correction. I am not running on all mental cylinders today due to the horrible tragedy in Orlando.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sometimes people don't think rationally due to things they've experienced or have been told/bought into. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, I'm just stating that it happens. And i'm pretty sure women have EVERY REASON to be fearful of their historical oppressors. No, we shouldn't presume things about people based on our fears, but we do. We shouldn't judge others, but as you have posted many times over the years, we all do it.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1465762049|4043297 said:

Serves 'em right then, to peek in here and see me curled up on the couch shoveling peanut butter m&m's in my gullet and needing a shower after sweating buckets in the heat outside this morning. Ick.

Oh Packrat! :o
I love that tattoo on your bootie!
SOOO sexy!

Hey, it's hot out here; can you get me a cold beer?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1465736545|4043167 said:
I would have done the same thing too, checked out real quick! You can't reason with crazy!!! :errrr:

I get this, and you're right, you can't reason with crazy, but I would have just said, "it's my husband and he's helping me shop" and then completely ignored her. She could call security for all I would have cared. If you are a paying customer, there is nothing wrong about him helping you shop for underwear. I wouldn't have stopped shopping/checked out because of her - I would have just gone about my business and let crazy be crazy.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1465743199|4043215 said:
Soooo....

This woman is all worried about her daughter being oogled by child molesters as she is buying her underwear at VS? What a dumbass.

:rolleyes:

This struck me as odd too! :doh:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1465764434|4043320 said:

SOOO sexy!

Oooo Kenny lemme give you a little shake and wiggle! :dance: :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with MomHappy, I would have said really loudly, "he's my husband he's here with me to shop not ooogle you or your kid and he is no-where near either of you so if you're uncomfortable for whatever reason, obviously you have more problems than just needing underwear."

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1465778378|4043408 said:
kenny|1465764434|4043320 said:

SOOO sexy!

Oooo Kenny lemme give you a little shake and wiggle! :dance: :appl:

Oh Baby! Oh Baby!

screen_shot_2016-06-12_at_11.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would have told her ass off and called security on HER for harassment.

She had no right. If she want to shop for underwear in privacy she can do it online at home. And I damned well would have told her so.

You know she's the one with the dirty mind, right?

Nasty B*TCH.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Gypsy for just writing exactly what I was thinking....

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the mother had some mental issues. I don't understand why the mother and her daughter didn't leave immediately if the mother felt her daughter was in a potentially dangerous situation or being threatened by a predator. That's what I would have done if I felt my child was threatened. It makes me question what the mother was "projecting" on the chemgirl's husband.

I don't have a problem with men being in VS or any other public place. I don't even have a problem with a male SA but I'd rather have a fitting with someone who has a pair of breasts and has suffered through wearing a bra all day.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
chemgirl|1465721130|4043139 said:
Have you ever been so mad about something you didn't react at the time and then fumed about it later? That's where I am at 4:30 am.

Victoria Secret is having their semi annual sale and that means sifting through bins of odd underwear that have been tossed around so they're no longer sorted in any logical way.

DH was at the Apple store, but decided to stop in and see what was taking me so long. I enlisted him to help me search at a large table across from a woman an her daughter.

The woman glared at him as he approached so I made a point of talking to him, touching his arm, etc so she would know he was with me. Didn't help at all. She turned to me and said "they really shouldn't let men in here.". I tried to keep it light and joked about how he doesn't want to be here either. We continued shopping like nothing happened. She then turns to me again and says that DH needs to "back off" or she's getting security. Meanwhile he is across a table from her and her daughter. He's nowhere near them and actually couldn't even hear her with the music in the store. She goes on about child molesters"touching" her daughter's underwear. Ummm what? He's picking up the odd pair and showing me, but that's it. We're not even looking for the same size or style as her daughter. Even so who cares? Wash before wearing.

Rather than make a scene I just grabbed DH by the arm and walked to the cash.

Now I'm really mad that I didn't stand up to her. He had every right to be there. What if he was shopping for himself? How is any of this her business?

Grrrrrr.
Oh, there's NO WAY I would have let that go. I would've literally made a scene at her, going so far as to get the police called and filing a harassment claim. I would not tolerate some random a-hole wrongly accusing my husband of being a child molester because she lets her mind go that direction. And I would've also told her in no uncertain terms that if she's so uncomfortable being around other people, men included, she can shop online in her own home.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl, I would have wanted to say and do the things that Gypsy, Ame and others would have, but like you, I would have probably left. Or ignored her and shakily continued my shopping, then vented my a** off to poor DH for the rest of the day.

I am not good at all with processing things quickly and reacting the way I wish I would have once I have had time to think about it. Things just don't come out of my mouth right, or at all. So I feel your frustration at wishing you'd have done something differently now that it's over.

I have to say, being here on PS and hearing so many different point-of-views, and how people would handle different situations and what they would say, has helped me find my own voice and backbone a little more. It's one of the reasons I have stuck around all these years. :))

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are the things I am probably "guns blazing", totally quick on my feet, and generally not rational about. Whereas my parents are very diplomatic.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1465920661|4043860 said:
These are the things I am probably "guns blazing", totally quick on my feet, and generally not rational about.

Yup. Me too. I'm not good with "clever" remarks on the fly. But I can do indignant and angry with no problem.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1465779353|4043412 said:
I agree with MomHappy, I would have said really loudly, "he's my husband he's here with me to shop not ooogle you or your kid and he is no-where near either of you so if you're uncomfortable for whatever reason, obviously you have more problems than just needing underwear."

Seriously. She has issues.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, ridiculous. I'm sorry you had to deal with such an unpleasant situation and you probably handled it better than I would have. I would have most likely gone off on her and told her she is the pervert for thinking what she's thinking. Unbelievable. I'm not sure how my dh would have reacted because sometimes he makes a stand for things that surprise me and other times he doesn't for things I thought he would have made an issue.

But I know I would have been just as pissed as you. And of course your dh has every right to be in that store. With or without you. Arghh I hate the way some people behave. What is wrong with them. :nono:

Even if this makes some women uncomfortable that's on them and not on you or your dh so those people need to deal with how they feel and move away from the situation instead of bullying you and your dh to be the ones to move away as if you were doing something wrong. Really aggravating.

Q

Queenie60

Gypsy|1465803040|4043497 said:
I would have told her a$$ off and called security on HER for harassment.

She had no right. If she want to shop for underwear in privacy she can do it online at home. And I damned well would have told her so.

Nasty B*TCH.

Yep! Strange B*tch. It wasn't as though he was walking around drooling :errrr:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1465803040|4043497 said:
I would have told her a$$ off and called security on HER for harassment.

Nasty B*TCH.

Right on the nose.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
So many good responses.

Gah I know what I should have said. Saying in the moment not so much.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results