shape
carat
color
clarity

Memoire woes...didn''t pass quality control?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Last month during our trip to San Diego I ordered a Memoire wband from Robbins Bros. ( 7 stone, 1.0 ctw, 18K WG, G/SI2 - Diamondseeker, your Memoire band was my inspiration!
20.gif
) They said that it would take about 6 weeks for them to get if Memoire made it ''from scratch'' in my size (4.5) - I didn''t want to size down their stock ring because it turns oval-shaped if it''s sized down too small.

Well, we were expecting it to arrive at the store in San Diego yesterday, but today my sales lady called me and said that she got an email that the ring did not pass quality control at the main Robbins Bros. store so they returned it to Memoire to be re-done. I would not get it until the second week of December. I was jsut wondering, Memoire has a fantastic reputation of making everything in "perfection," so why would things like this happen? It just sounds so weird to me.

I don''t mind waiting another 2 weeks because I''d rather get a better-quality ring, but I have been waiting patiently for my Memoire band for 6 weeks now!
8.gif

Any similar experiences with Memoire or Robbins Bros.?

Also, a friend mentioned that maybe this a good time to ask for a discount - what do you think? The saleslady offered to ship it overnight rather than their regular 2-4 business days because she knew I have been waiting for this ring forever. She also gave us $150 dollars worth of gift certificates to apply towards the ring when I first ordered it. I don''t know if I should ask for additional price reductions on the ring.

Thanks in advance!
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m really surprised to hear this. Their stuff is top notch and have never heard of them putting anything out that was less than perfect. So I''m scratching my head on this one. So sorry this happened to you 6 weeks is a long time to wait, so I feel for you. Wonder if it was a glitch on Robbin''s Brother''s part?? Just thinking out loud here.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm....I just don''t know what to think about that. My ring took 4 weeks, so I wonder why yours took 6 and then had to be sent back. The whole thing sounds funny to me. But we''ll never really know since you didn''t actually get to see it. I think delays like this do happen, so I wouldn''t really think it would be right to ask for a price reduction.

But let us know how this turns out! I hope it gets to you soon and is perfect!

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, ladies! Yeah, I''m still bewildered over it. I even confirmed if she ordered the right ring because I couldn''t believe they would turn down a Memoire! I went to a local Bailey Banks and Biddle to try on their Memoire bands and also asked for a quote on the ring I ordered from RB, just in case. The only thing is that BBB does not sell the WG rings, only in plat, and I would have to pay taxes on it. It''s nice to have a back-up plan in case things don''t work out with RB.

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Hi Jennie,

I''m sorry to hear about your experience. I know how hard it is to wait! And it also doesn''t fit with my experience with Memoire. I had a 1/2 eternity band made in a size 3, and it arrived at the store within 2 weeks. They told me that was less time than it usually takes, but they said they wanted to get it done before they went on vacation (which led me to believe the company is smaller than I thought). I can''t imagine the ring not passing quality control though because you and the other PS members are right, their products are supposed to be top notch. I would just wait until it comes in to the store and when it does, look at it very closely before buying it and taking it out of the store. Maybe you can even ask RB specifically why it didn''t pass quality control so you''ll know what the concern was. It''s good you are thinking of a back-up plan, but hopefully, the one you have on order will work out for you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/26/2006 12:52:31 AM
Author: jenniegirlm
Thanks, ladies! Yeah, I''m still bewildered over it. I even confirmed if she ordered the right ring because I couldn''t believe they would turn down a Memoire! I went to a local Bailey Banks and Biddle to try on their Memoire bands and also asked for a quote on the ring I ordered from RB, just in case. The only thing is that BBB does not sell the WG rings, only in plat, and I would have to pay taxes on it. It''s nice to have a back-up plan in case things don''t work out with RB.
Jennie, any jeweler that carries Memoire can order you a wg band even if they don''t have the samples in the store. Few jewelers have a sample of every ring that every company makes. All they have to do is call and get the current price. You could also get Bill Pearlman to order one for you. I just ordered mine from a local jeweler because I had spent so much time there trying on rings and I felt they deserved a little compensation!

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
HooCares - I think what you said is a great idea. I don''t live where the store is, so they would have to ship it to me. They have a good 30-day return policy and will check it meticulously when it get it. :)

DS - BBB won''t order it in WG because their company policy is only to sell Plat and 18K YG (I think the''yre trying to be like Tiffany''s!) At least thats what the salesperson told me when I told him Memoire makes it in WG. Oh well. I actually called Pearlaman''s before finalizing my order with RB - Pearlman''s actually told me that Memoire would have it done in 2 weeks! However, RB offered the $150 discount (their price was very close to the quote Pearlman''s gave me) so I ordered from them. Darn, I could have gotten my ring a month ago!

The saleslady told me that Memoire would ''collect'' all the orders from RB before sending the finished products to RB''s main store, which is why there was a hold up in the first place. Sounds weird to me, again!
14.gif

P.S. Does Memoire send some kind of ''certificate'' with the ring saying that it is in fact a Memoire ring? (e.g., HOF does this with their rings) Also, is your ring stamped "Memoire" inside of it? I did not see it on the actual rings but the pictures on the Memoire website show it.

Thanks for the sympathy about the whole waiting thing, BTW. I feel the PS LOVE!
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jennie, no, they don''t issue any kind of certificate and the ring is not stamped memoire. I truly was confused by that and emailed memoire to be SURE my ring was really memoire! They assured me it was and told me that on smaller bands they don''t engrave memoire. But the insurance appraisal that the jewler gave me DOES say Memoire, so that protects me in case the ring was lost or stolen, etc., so that I can have it replaced with Memoire.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2006 12:48:09 AM
Author: Kaleigh
I''m really surprised to hear this. Their stuff is top notch and have never heard of them putting anything out that was less than perfect. So I''m scratching my head on this one. So sorry this happened to you 6 weeks is a long time to wait, so I feel for you. Wonder if it was a glitch on Robbin''s Brother''s part?? Just thinking out loud here.

this is what i''m thinking too. Pearlman''s told me 3 weeks max when i asked about ordering a couple of weeks ago. anyway, I hope you get your ring soon and it''s perfect when it gets to you..

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
The inside of my 1/2 eternity band has "M+" inscribed on it. I''m not sure if that stands for Memoire or not. Also, since Diamondseeker was able to email Memoire directly, you could maybe email or call them to see if RB story checks out.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They told me there could be different marks on the rings. My mark is next to the 18k and it could be an M, but it is not clear.

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
HooCares - maybe M+ means the quality of the ring you bought? I know they have it in A (VS2), M (SI2), and M+ (SI1). All the stones are G-H color.

I checked the Memoire website but I couldn''t find their contact info. Only a an email addy for technical assistance. I will try using the # that HooCares posted when she forst got her ring. I''m really curious about what really happened to the ring.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2006 5:05:07 PM
HooCares - maybe M+ means the quality of the ring you bought? I know they have it in A (VS2), M (SI2), and M+ (SI1). All the stones are G-H color.

I checked the Memoire website but I couldn''t find their contact info. Only a an email addy for technical assistance. I will try using the # that HooCares posted when she forst got her ring. I''m really curious about what really happened to the ring.
I''m wondering too, guess you''ll never find out??? Just so odd.

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/26/2006 1:15:57 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Jennie, no, they don''t issue any kind of certificate and the ring is not stamped memoire. I truly was confused by that and emailed memoire to be SURE my ring was really memoire! They assured me it was and told me that on smaller bands they don''t engrave memoire. But the insurance appraisal that the jewler gave me DOES say Memoire, so that protects me in case the ring was lost or stolen, etc., so that I can have it replaced with Memoire.

Oh, DS what email address did you use? Was it [email protected]? THat''s all I could find online (that and [email protected] for tech assistance).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jennie, we were told different things on the clarity grades. I may be off a little, but I know I was told a range for each letter.

My notes say:

A is VVS2-VS1

M is VS2-SI1

How about asking memoire that question, too? Yes, I used the [email protected] email address.

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/26/2006 5:23:50 PM

Jennie, we were told different things on the clarity grades. I may be off a little, but I know I was told a range for each letter.

My notes say:

A is VVS2-VS1

M is VS2-SI1

How about asking memoire that question, too? Yes, I used the [email protected] email address.
I might''ve gotten it wrong when Pearlman''s recited it to me. In that case, if yours is correct, maybe I actually got better stones!
1.gif
(I ordered M). What did you get?

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Interesting about what the "M+" might mean. I think I do remember that the stones were supposed to be G/H and VS2/SI1. Good luck getting in touch with Memoire. I remember I had a hard time finding a contact number for them, and forgot I had ever found one! And back then, they didn''t even have a website that I could find.

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I called Memoire today (HooCares, that number still works!) and they weren''t that much helpful. They basically referred me back to Robbins Brothers. So I asked if it has happened before, having a ring be sent back due to quality control standards. The Memoire lady siad that it could happen - possibly due to human error. So I guess that kinda answers my question.

Now I will wait patiently (again) for the next two weeks. I hope it will be perfect!
37.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/26/2006 6:53:29 PM

Date: 11/26/2006 5:23:50 PM

My notes say:

A is VVS2-VS1

M is VS2-SI1

I might''ve gotten it wrong when Pearlman''s recited it to me. In that case, if yours is correct, maybe I actually got better stones!
1.gif
(I ordered M). What did you get?
Sorry, missed this question. I got the A stones because my e-ring stone is a VS1 and I just wanted them for the mind-clean reasons. I am sure no one can see the difference at all.

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Jennie, I hope it willl be perfect too! Let us know how it works out!

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the support! BBB got back with me today and Memoire also told them they would get th same ring done it in 2 weeks! In a way I''m disappointed w/ RB... I hope there will be no glitches this time... *cross fingers*

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jennie, it almost sounds like to me that they never ordered it the first time. It shouldn''t have taken 6 weeks and I doubt Memoire sends out bad rings. But hopefully it''ll come this time!

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
That''s what I thought - that it wasn''t ordered at all. *sigh*

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 7:37:43 AM
Jennie, it almost sounds like to me that they never ordered it the first time. It shouldn''t have taken 6 weeks and I doubt Memoire sends out bad rings. But hopefully it''ll come this time!
I knew it!!! Something just didn''t add up with their story.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll keep my fingers crossed that everything comes in perfectly and soon. Please post pics when you get it.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
either didn''t order it the first time.... or sold it to someone else and had to order you a new one (thinking they had someone in the store that wanted that size and particular style and they happened to have just gotten yours in, so they figured they would get two sales that way?)

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 3:20:24 PM
Author: :)
either didn''t order it the first time.... or sold it to someone else and had to order you a new one (thinking they had someone in the store that wanted that size and particular style and they happened to have just gotten yours in, so they figured they would get two sales that way?)

Aaack... I hope this wasn''t the case. That would make me really mad! That was MY ring! Heehee.

Again ladies, thanks for the support while I''m agonizing over here, waiting. I knew only PS''ers would understand.
2.gif

I can''t wait to post pics when it gets here!

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
UPDATE: the ring I ordered was supposed to arrive at the Robbins Brother's store today, but again, the salesperson told me it didn't get there! AAARGH! The say it got sent back, AGAIN. I was told that it was sent back the first time due to "visible sizing marks" and again this time due to the ring "not being rounded." I verified that this was ordered from Memoire and not mistakedly from another company. I'm very tempted to pull my order from them. They say it will be in on the 19th (supposedly on the 24th but they out a "rush" order on it.) My question is, if the ring was being made it my size from scratch, why would it have sizing marks?

What should I do? I'm thinking of giving them a 3rd chance - wait for the next week, and go from there. Any suggestions?

29.gif
i'm pulling my hair now out of furstration, LOL.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd cancel the order and buy it from Pearlmans. that's just crazy to expect you to wait a third time..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2006 11:52:17 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I'd cancel the order and buy it from Pearlmans. that's just crazy to expect you to wait a second time..
DITTO!!! What they are telling you is crazy. I'd cancel the order. Bill Pearlman will take great care of you. Call him tomorrow. This is such BS!!! So sorry you have had to go through this, makes me so mad, so I can only imagine how you are feeling. Not being rounded?? That I find hard to believe when Memoires standards are so high... Good luck!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results