shape
carat
color
clarity

Memoire Brand--Where to find?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone know which stores carry the Memoire brand? I heard they specialize in shared-prong eternity bands that sit relatively low. I am looking for a shared-prong band that will not hit the bottom prong of my 6-prong engagement ring. Thanks in advance for your help. By the way, I live in Richmond, Virginia.

GlitterGal

Shiny_Rock
Hi HooCares,

The Memoire Company was recently acquired by Hearts On Fire. You may want to check with the HOF jeweler search engine as my guess would be that an HOF authorized distributor in your area would most likely carry that brand. One possibility that comes up for Richmond is Carreras Ltd. on Libbie Avenue.

Hope this helps and good luck in your search.

Kindest regards always,
Linda
wavey.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this (LINK) the brand ?

The rings seem to still be offered under the old name... if this is not something totally different.

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure if Memoire Paris is associated with the Memoire I am referring to. I don't think it is the same b/c I think the Memoire I am referring to is a smaller company based out of NY. But from what I can understand from Linda's post, the Memoire company is still operating independently even though they are now partners with Hearts on Fire.

I did check out Carreras jewelers today. They have a shared-prong eternity band that I like made by Hearts on Fire (not Memoire), but it still sits too high and hits against my bottom prong. I also visited another reputable jewelry store in the area and was told in a gentle way that I might as well give up my search to find what I am looking for. He basically said that if I want a shared-prong wedding band, I need to change to a 4-prong head, which I am not willing to do.

I'm going to call Memoire on Monday as probably my last attempt. If that lead doesn't pan out, I think I can be happy with the shared-prong band I had customed made to fit around the bottom prong of my ring. It's nice, but not as clean looking as some of the eternity bands I have seen. Thanks for the responses!

GlitterGal

Shiny_Rock
Hi HooCares,

I’m sorry to hear that the HOF route didn’t work out for you. I thought that since HOF had acquired Memoire, there would be a possibility that the two companies might have some distributors in common that you could visit yesterday.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes tomorrow when you call the company.

Kindest regards always,
Linda
wavey.gif

Related post

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Hoocares.....what part of the country are you in?

Funny - I had never heard of Memoire until TODAY.....when I was out looking for diamond bands to fit my 3-stone, 6-prong ring. Like you, I will NOT give up my 6-prong, and wanted to find something that was low-profile enough to fit.

I saw them at Long's Jewelers......I don't know if there are locations where you are. Their shared-prong band is very low, though, and certainly can sit well with your 6-prong.

However, let me also offer an alternative suggestion......call Whiteflash and ask about a custom shared-prong ring. They are the ones who designed my 6-prong 3-stone, and they have a low-profile shared-prong that sits just as well as the Memoire bands do.

Good luck.

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Dear aljdewey,

Thanks for your response. I am excited to hear that you actually saw a Memoire shared-prong band that you think will fit with 6-prong rings (I've only heard rumors so far)! I live in Richmond, Virginia. I looked up Longs Jewelers and assume you are in Boston? I think the only locations are in Massachusetts. I am going to call the Memoire company this week and see if there is anywhere around here that carries the band so that I could try it on with my ring and see how it fits. I am trying to avoid having another ring custom made b/c I have already gone that route (although not with Whiteflash). I like the ring I had custom made a lot, but it's just not as clean looking as the eternity rings I see in the stores so I am just exploring other options. I think I can be happy with it though if I can't find a band I like at any stores.

Good luck with your band search as well! I'd be interested to know what you decide on!

GlitterGal

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 6/6/2004 8:47:15 PM HooCares wrote:

I am excited to hear that you actually saw a Memoire shared-prong band that you think will fit with 6-prong rings (I've only heard rumors so far)! ----------------

Hi HooCares,

I found this picture of a Memoire shared prong eternity band online at Pearlman's Jewelers. I thought I'd post it since you mentioned that you had only heard rumors of its existence.
1.gif
Is this what you're looking for? Can't wait to hear how this all turns out for you...great, I hope.
21.gif

Again, good luck!
1.gif

Kindest regards always,
Linda
wavey.gif

Memoire Sh. Prong Eternity.jpg

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
aljdewey,

To claify, when you tried on the Memoire band with your 6-prong ring, was there any gap between the 2 rings?

Thank you!

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Hi Linda,

Thanks for the pic. I hadn't seen that site before. I knew the Memoire band existed (and I hope I can also find it somewhere in my area). The rumors I had heard was that it would sit low enough to fit flush against my 6-prong engagement ring. The more I look at my ring, the more I think it might be pretty hard to find a shared-prong eternity band that will fit flush. But I am still hoping to try the Memoire band and see for sure. If it doesn't work, at least I know I exhausted all my options.

Thanks again for all your help.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
HooCares, believe me, I understand your issue with "the gap". I have been looking for a wedding band since damn near RIGHT after my engagement.....and haven't found one that thrills me in all this time.

I'll tell you this: NO ring will sit absolutely flush with your six-prong, but the Memoire one I tried on today fits damn well, I think, and it's about as close as you're gonna get.

Brian at Whiteflash made an excellent point when I talked with him about this topic and my "analness" about the gap. Even if you get a "flush fit" set, your hand is an object in motion, and because of that, even flush-fits will have movement. It's completely unavoidable unless you solder your rings together.

My new ring is a 3-stone style, and ALL of the stones are set in 6-prongs....so even more challenge. I asked Brian to photograph low profile shared-prong bands next to it to see how they'd fit. I think the smaller-stone eternity band fits well with no distinguishable gap. This was how the memoire band fit as well. However, the Memoire band was considerably more expensive.

You can see a bit of gap in the first picture from the side, and this was true of the Memoire band I tried on today as well. You can also see in that first picture, though, how low the profile is....it really is a beautiful fit. Looking at it from the top down in the second and fourth pictures....the way you would usually view the rings on your finger.....looks like it fit *thisclose*....really a nice fit together.

Hope this helps.

WF band.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and HooCares.......just to give you an idea of what I'm working with on the 6-prong thing....

Here is my new custom designed ring from Whiteflash. As you can see, all three stones are in 6-prong platinum heads with heart-shaped prongs.

As you can see, the side stones are much smaller (and even MORE opportunity for gap), and yet I think their eternity band as shown in the last post fits it really nicely.

WFDANewring.jpg

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Aljdewey, your ring is beautiful! And thank you so much for posting the pictures of your ring with the eternity band. You and Linda have both been very helpful. I called Memoire today and there is a store in my area that carries the Memoire band. I called the store and they don't have any Memoire eternity bands at the store currently, but they can order one for me to try on. So I am going to go to the store sometime soon and choose a ring from the catalog for them to order for me. I am hoping it will fit as nicely as your eternity band fits with your ring, aljdewey. I agree that the smaller stone eternity band looks really good!

GlitterGal

Shiny_Rock
Hi HooCares,

That's great news! Congrats!
appl.gif
Please tell us which store this is in Richmond, in case there are others out there in your area (and for future reference) who are also interested in Memoire rings.
1.gif

Please also let us know which ring you decided on and (of course
1.gif
) post pics once you get it!
appl.gif
Can't wait to see the delicious eye candy!
4.gif

Kindest regards always,
Linda
wavey.gif

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
The store is Capri jewelers at Stony Point Mall!
loopy.gif

ScubaDucky

Rough_Rock
aljdewey,
can you tell me what size stones those are in the eternity band? i think the size is exactly what I'm looking for. What ring size are you? thanks!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Scuba....in the eternity band, those are 5-point stones, and ring is a 6.5.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Hey al,

What are the specs on your sidestones? They from WF as well? If I recall, the center is a 1.3, 1.4?

Is the setting similar to a Leon Mage design?

Oh, congrats and enjoy!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 6/9/2004 4:09:53 PM noobie wrote:

Hey al,

What are the specs on your sidestones? They from WF as well? If I recall, the center is a 1.3, 1.4?

Is the setting similar to a Leon Mage design?

Oh, congrats and enjoy!
----------------

Hi, Noobie.....the side stones are H, SI1, H&A, AGS0, .30 each (4.38mm average). They are from DI.....at the time I sourced them, WF didn't have anything in that range. The center is a 1.24 Whiteflash ACA H, SI2 (6.99mm average).

The setting is indeed similar to a Leon Mege ring style, but the side stones are smaller/lower than the LM ring. Also, the LM ring was all gold; mine is two tone (plat heads and 18K shank). Also, the top of the shank is pinched in on my design. Lastly, all the prongs are heart-shaped on all three stones.

I couldn't be happier.....Whiteflash did an incredible job on the custom design, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again with them. I have had co-workers literally STOP me in the halls and grab my hand to get a closer look. (heheh - then they all look suspiciously at me like we came into money or something. If they only knew how reasonable sides of this size are!)

It increased the "bling" factor exponentially.....I had no idea it would make SUCH a difference.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
ajdewey wrote:

"I think the smaller-stone eternity band fits well with no distinguishable gap. This was how the memoire band fit as well. However, the Memoire band was considerably more expensive."

I was also looking at wedding rings lately and I had the same criteria in terms of low profile to accomodate my e-ring setting.

The Memoire was the only band that looked really good, but the price seemed high. They wanted $1,350 for a 5 stone with alternating rubies & diamonds of 15 points each.

Does anyone else have any comments on price?

They were so much better constructed than the other diamond bands, though.

I wound up with something unique from an estate jewelry shop, and it has the real low profile I needed, along with a great price.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
by the way, thanks for the great photos, ajdewey.

it helps A LOT

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
I finally found my dream Memoire band!
appl.gif
Capri jewelers was able to get me a sample of a 3 point, 11 stone, shared-prong band. It fit perfectly underneath my bottom prong. I thought the hardest part was going to be finding it, but now the hardest part is asking my fiance for it when he already bought a band for me (guilt
sad.gif
). If we do decide to order it, it will take 4 weeks to come in, but I will be sure to post pictures. A big thank you to everyone who helped me track down this band!

GlitterGal

Shiny_Rock
Hi HooCares,

Congrats on finding your dream band!
appl.gif
Looking forward to the pics, if you do decide to go for it - it does seem exquisite. I'm happy that we could be of help to you in your search!

Good luck and please keep us posted.
1.gif

Kindest regards always,
Linda
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results