shape
carat
color
clarity

Melee questions

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm very interested in learning more about diamond melee for pave.

1. If single cut has so many fewer facets, why is it more expensive?

2. How can you determine the quality of a vendor's melee?
This seems incredibly, if not impossibly, difficult to do online without previous knowledge.

3. Can you visibly see the difference in melee quality as drastically as a well cut vs not so well cut center diamond?
It's very possible that I've only seen crappy melee. I've spent very little time actually scrutinizing jewelry with pave, and can tell little difference in quality besides size. I only seem to notice when melee sparkles and when it doesn't. In my experience, melee only sparkles in good lighting ,whereas a super ideal cut larger diamond can sparkle in anything. Again, maybe I've only seen crappy melee.

4. Please rank or group the following vendors'/brands' melee that I'm considering to make a setting with melee
Ritani
Brian Gavin
ERD
JbEG
IDJ
James Allen

5. What is the ideal size (for you) of melee around (a) a halo and (b) on the shank/band.

Thanks so much!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
teobdl|1390084743|3595748 said:
I'm very interested in learning more about diamond melee for pave.

1. If single cut has so many fewer facets, why is it more expensive?
DON'T KNOW ANSWER

2. How can you determine the quality of a vendor's melee?
This seems incredibly, if not impossibly, difficult to do online without previous knowledge.
BY VIEWING IN REAL LIFE. THEREFORE, CAN ONLY TRUST CERTAIN VENDORS IF BUYING ONLINE, UNLESS I CAN RETURN FOR FULL REFUND.

3. Can you visibly see the difference in melee quality as drastically as a well cut vs not so well cut center diamond?
It's very possible that I've only seen crappy melee. I've spent very little time actually scrutinizing jewelry with pave, and can tell little difference in quality besides size. I only seem to notice when melee sparkles and when it doesn't. In my experience, melee only sparkles in good lighting ,whereas a super ideal cut larger diamond can sparkle in anything. Again, maybe I've only seen crappy melee.
DEFINITELY YES FOR MELEES SIZE 2-PT AND HIGHER. I CAN READILY SEE THE DIFFERENCE REGARDLESS OF VIEWING DISTANCE.
I HAVE 1-PT ACA MELEES IN THE SMALL HUGGIES OF MY DANGLING EARRINGS. DUE TO THEIR TINY SIZE AND MUCH METAL AROUND THEM, I DO NOT KNOW IF THEY ARE BETTER.

4. Please rank or group the following vendors'/brands' melee that I'm considering to make a setting with melee
Ritani
Brian Gavin
ERD
JbEG
IDJ
James Allen

I WOULD TRUST ONLY WHITEFLASH"S ACA AND BRIAN GAVIN's SIGNATURE DIAMOND MELEES. FOR ALL OTHERS< I HAVE TO VIEW THEM IN PERSON BEFORE ACCEPTING. THEREFORE, ABILITY TO RETURN FOR FULL REFUND IS VERY IMPORTANT.

5. What is the ideal size (for you) of melee around (a) a halo and (b) on the shank/band.
ANSWERS DEPEND VERY MUCH ON THE SIZE OF YOUR CENTER DIAMOND, THE SHANK/BAND WIDTH, AND THE COMBINATION.

Thanks so much!

SEE ANSWERS IN CAPITAL LETTERS ABOVE.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results