shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Meet Marilyn Monroe-My Mesmerizing 7.6 ct Old European Cut

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Marilyn in the morning (before, during and after school drop off). It's been overcast the last couple of days-this is when she shows the most tint. She's a chameleon for sure.

*note my glam fleece :lol:

IMG_7424.jpg

IMG_7426.jpg

IMG_7427.jpg

This is the most tint?! Swooooooooooooooooon :kiss2:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jaw drop! Soooo beautiful!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness! What a romantic, beautiful diamond! This is a true holy grail piece. Enjoy & wear in good health!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@oncrutchesrightnow I’m on the road so I can’t post any pics (can’t adjust the size on my phone-and they would be huge).

But here are some Saturday Sparkles!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9544076A-3404-42CB-B598-2063F77AAD52.gif

A9E1B261-5AD0-4616-81B9-F5BE4DA4B400.gif

Congrats on JOTW! MM is epic. Full on mouth wateringly delicious looking. I’m pretty sure there’s a PS wide drool fest happening here. :lol::kiss2:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Holy moly!! How can that possibly be an M?? Her faceting is divine!! And you wear her well!! Many congrats on your treasure!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
As requested-a few more pics :)

Under a green umbrella

IMG_7267.jpg

Computer glow

IMG_7409.jpg

Marilyn is a touch warmer than Josie. Maybe due to depth? Marilyn is very deep.

IMG_7502.jpg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I love everything about this! That setting is just divine too!!

@athenaworth Thank you. This means a lot coming from you--you get to see all the pretties!

Where is @missy because I need one of her fainting memes! Everything about this is just BEYOND. The perfect facets, the tremendous size, the beautiful bright white (imagine this in candle light!!)....and wow, I love the queenly setting it came in! Congratulations on this majestic piece of art! :love:

Thank you so much @KristyDarling . You always know exactly what to say! Are you are writer? You really encapsulated how I feel about Marilyn. She is really just beyond to me! How is your project going? I can't wait to see it!

I LOVE HER!!!

I love everything about her & I REALLY love her dress! :kiss2:

@Ally T Thank you! I hope that you can host a GTG one day at your manor and I can bring her back to visit her home country :lol:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
This is gorgeous! You wear her very well! Congratulations on this dream diamond ring!

Thank you @bling_dream19 ! I honestly never dreamed I would own a ring like this!

Marilyn is so dreamy! A holy grail for sure! That faceting. Yummy!! Absolutely incredible!

@Slickk thanks for your kinds words. Marilyn feels like a once in a lifetime ring for me-for sure! Btw, I'm looking out for pics of your new beauty, too!

Stunning!

Thank you @PreRaphaelite !

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been working on something major and I’m excited to finally share her with you!

Anyone who has seen my posts knows that I am obsessed with old cuts-especially OECs. Hunting for old cut diamonds has become one of my favorite past times. Last year, I bought and set my lovely Josie, but that didn’t stop me from continuing to “research.” Seeing a multitude of old cuts in person has helped me to hone my cut preference and color tolerance. I had vague long range plans to upgrade in the next couple of years. Then, a few months ago, I saw an image of a stone that had the most amazing faceting. I never dreamed I would own her, but somehow the stars aligned and she is mine.

She’s a HRD 7.6 ct M/SI1 with a 49% table and 66.5% depth. Her measurements are 12.26 x 12.43 x 8.22 mm. Due to her medium size culet, I *think* she is a late OEC. Her faceting is just so crisp. Truly, it seems inaccurate to call her my Holy Grail because she exceeds my wildest dreams!

IMG_6912.jpg

The ring is from the High Jewelry collection of an old British jewelry store. I had the center unmounted prior to shipping so I could give her a full inspection.

IMG_6966.jpg

When I received the bespoke setting last week, I knew almost immediately that I would call her Marilyn Monroe.

IMG_6944.jpg

The setting is a bit fancy for my lifestyle, but I’m going to wear her like this until I can figure out her forever dress.

IMG_7202.jpg

A HUGE thank you to my DH for accompanying me on my treasure hunts (he loves this ring almost as much as I do). Special thanks to @maryjane04 and @Mreader for being my second set of eyes and sounding boards. @klrrrr and @Muluver thanks for joining me on the emotional rollercoaster ride. Jewelry friends are the best!

(p.s. These pics are not the best. I found out a couple days ago that June 1st is Marilyn Monroe’s birthday so I rushed the thread a bit. She would have been 96 today. Happy Birthday Marilyn!)

Oh my, that setting is perfection

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, one last pic from last night when I should have been paying attention to my DD's lax game...

IMG_7312.jpg

The diamond looks perfect on your hand, no overly large at all. ( Am I experiencing DSS for you:kiss2:

vintage diamond

Rough_Rock
Wowza!!! She's a beauty!!! Thank you for sharing her with us.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Working on it @Mreader :lol:

Next to my GIA F color emerald cut
IMG_6873.jpg

Fire shot
IMG_7251.jpg

Flower pic
IMG_7283.jpg

Perspective shot (my style is pretty casual!)
IMG_7299.jpg
Breathtaking! I am not going to lie, I hope you keep it in that setting too! It is so perfect for it!! Just amazing!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
How did I miss this OMG it’s absolutely amazing. Congratulations on such a spectacular find. She is just beautiful and the setting has such personality. I’m so happy for you…..enjoy this beauty

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply spectacular! :love: And she has the perfect name. Wear her in good health!

WS-DiamondLover

Rough_Rock
I’ve been working on something major and I’m excited to finally share her with you!

Anyone who has seen my posts knows that I am obsessed with old cuts-especially OECs. Hunting for old cut diamonds has become one of my favorite past times. Last year, I bought and set my lovely Josie, but that didn’t stop me from continuing to “research.” Seeing a multitude of old cuts in person has helped me to hone my cut preference and color tolerance. I had vague long range plans to upgrade in the next couple of years. Then, a few months ago, I saw an image of a stone that had the most amazing faceting. I never dreamed I would own her, but somehow the stars aligned and she is mine.

She’s a HRD 7.6 ct M/SI1 with a 49% table and 66.5% depth. Her measurements are 12.26 x 12.43 x 8.22 mm. Due to her medium size culet, I *think* she is a late OEC. Her faceting is just so crisp. Truly, it seems inaccurate to call her my Holy Grail because she exceeds my wildest dreams!

IMG_6912.jpg

The ring is from the High Jewelry collection of an old British jewelry store. I had the center unmounted prior to shipping so I could give her a full inspection.

IMG_6966.jpg

When I received the bespoke setting last week, I knew almost immediately that I would call her Marilyn Monroe.

IMG_6944.jpg

The setting is a bit fancy for my lifestyle, but I’m going to wear her like this until I can figure out her forever dress.

IMG_7202.jpg

A HUGE thank you to my DH for accompanying me on my treasure hunts (he loves this ring almost as much as I do). Special thanks to @maryjane04 and @Mreader for being my second set of eyes and sounding boards. @klrrrr and @Muluver thanks for joining me on the emotional rollercoaster ride. Jewelry friends are the best!

(p.s. These pics are not the best. I found out a couple days ago that June 1st is Marilyn Monroe’s birthday so I rushed the thread a bit. She would have been 96 today. Happy Birthday Marilyn!)

Your diamond is beautiful. And I think your setting is spectacular! I wouldn’t change it. It really showcases the big “rock”. I thought I was doing well with my GIA OEC 6.01 carat L SI1. Kudos to you. You're a woman after my own heart. My motto is “go big or go home”.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Again, thank you everyone for your lovely responses. Sorry, for the delay in response-the school year is wrapping up here so lot of activities.

I took a quick pick of Marilyn while waiting for my DD's Jr. Honor Society ceremony (proud mama moment)

8FF52206-E7CD-45B3-9C04-21093C5C81EC.jpeg

A Boho look

958D4534-C8CC-44BA-9CAB-B7DB764CFD85.jpeg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
She is lovely!!

Thanks so much @MamaBear
Because I lack the eloquence of speech at this moment.
e94afdc881112ab638a2bbe8a37b38d7cac56383b21106fce13130cef2bf42cb.gif

:lol-2: @ItsMainelyYou you have inspired me to use gifs! It's been a couple of weeks and I'm still amazed that I get to be Marilyn's caretaker.

Holy $#!+, @lulu_ma !! What a honker! SO happy for you❤️❤️
Enjoy in good health and blingy joy❤️❤️❤️

Thank you @maita13 ! How's the setting for your honker going? I can't wait to see more pics! :razz:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on finding your holiest of holy grail diamond! She is stunning!!

Thanks for your kind words @MissGotRocks !

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
I've been waiting for this! Love the new pics. Marilyn has found her home.

@DAF thank you! It's so fun to able to share her with other bling lovers!

This...THIS..damn..This is what I call a take me to church, clutch my pearls, pour me a double, chuck it in the fuc* it bucket, I WIN MOMENT right here. That setting is nothing short of Sotheby's and museum quality. I can joke all the way to texas and back but the bottom line is in my search for the grail that stone in that setting tops the charts as one of the most stunning things I've ever seen. Beautiful..simply beautiful.

Thank you, thank you @blingmeupscotty !

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
Wow wow wow wow wow! Just sumptuous! And congrats on your DD’s academic honors!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_6912.jpg

IMG_6966.jpg

IMG_6944.jpg

IMG_7202.jpg

Wowwowowoowow, @lulu_ma ! You are on roll on old cuts. That is a huge ROCK! Beautiful!! More pics please.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results