shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet Esme: My new emerald ring.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just over year ago, I purchased a preloved setting from Jewels by Grace. It was an elegant beauty previously owned by @Spring Day then @AnastasiaBeaverhausen. A trilogy ring made by Sako of Cicada Jewelry Design.

I think a few people here will be familiar with the setting I’m talking about. JBG pic below. It has the most perfect little prong / stem detailing.

IMG_8494.jpeg

I loved the setting, but I had my heart set on a CS gemstone for the center (I know. A big shock to no one :lol:). I knew the setting could hold around an 8mm stone so I started keeping my eye out for “the one” to pop up. Then it finally did! Back in March, I was scrolling on Instagram when the most beautiful round emerald popped up from gemfactor_emeralds. I had already been keeping an eye out for an emerald in a different shape, but I was entranced when this one showed up on my feed.
(Vendor pics / screenshots)
IMG_8496.jpeg

The emerald looked luscious, but I had some worries over whether it would fit into my Sako setting. I even shared some of that process in a different thread here. Anyway, I reached out to Sako and he seemed confident that it would fit...so off I went to buy an emerald. Now let me tell you, those emerald prices will knock your socks off! :-o Still, an emerald has been a dream stone of mine for years! So I waited impatiently for it to arrive. And waited, and waited…because (yay me) it got held up in customs. But let me tell you, it was totally worth the (not really that bad in retrospect) wait. It is gorgeous!! I haven’t seen a ton of emeralds in person, but this one is just the bees knees. It’s a vibrant, verdant green. Just the most luscious little piece of Kryptonite. I’ve had very few moments where I open a package and fall instantly in love. This was one of them.:kiss2:

My pics aren’t great. It’s bright and lively and a gorgeous rich green in person, but we all know how difficult it can be to get good emerald pics.
IMG_8498.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Details:
1.91ct round emerald (Muzo - minor oil)
8.03 x 8.0 x 5.74 mm

Setting:
Size 4.25
Platinum
Side diamonds: 4.22x2.54 & 4.32x2.75 (H/I - VS) (Estimated .62ctw)

I sent the emerald over to Sako. He said it fit, but the prongs would be hanging on by a hair. He recommended rebuilding the prongs so that’s what we did.

Here are Sako’s pics.
These are not a good representation of the emerald. But it shows the setting details well.
IMG_8499.jpeg

And my first official pics. Meet Esme! IMG_5212.jpeg

IMG_5219.jpeg

IMG_5217.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that Emerald, and also the finished ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

dvj

Shiny_Rock
Amazing!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Socks lost, and none of these ladies could find them!:lol:
Man that's such a rarity for an emerald of that quality. Bees knees, is right.:love::love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous, gorgeous ring! The setting is perfect to showcase that emerald, which is the most beautifully coloured stone!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!!! Love that beautiful green. And that setting

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
How stunning!!! I love how perfectly suited the emerald and setting are to one another :)

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this soooo much!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve been waiting with bated breath for this thread since you showed that magnificent glowing stone in the colored stones section. This beautiful stone now has an amazing setting. You wear it well :)

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That came out beautifully! She is a knockout--so bright and spectacular.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should hire out to find emeralds! That glows and the color is over the top gorgeous. The ring is just gorgeous but that emerald is everything!!!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
The glow—unbelievable. What a treasure. The setting, the story, the result! Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy sh*tballs! That is a STRIKINGLY beautiful emerald!!! Love love love it. Congrats!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Details:
1.91ct round emerald (Muzo - minor oil)
8.03 x 8.0 x 5.74 mm

Setting:
Size 4.25
Platinum
Side diamonds: 4.22x2.54 & 4.32x2.75 (H/I - VS) (Estimated .62ctw)

I sent the emerald over to Sako. He said it fit, but the prongs would be hanging on by a hair. He recommended rebuilding the prongs so that’s what we did.

Here are Sako’s pics.
These are not a good representation of the emerald. But it shows the setting details well.
IMG_8499.jpeg

And my first official pics. Meet Esme! IMG_5212.jpeg

IMG_5219.jpeg

IMG_5217.jpeg

THUD! It just glows

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

HOLY. MOLY. :kiss2: :kiss2:

cheers--Sharon

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
I have always liked that setting, but have to say it looks AMAZING with your emerald. Seeing all you pieces makes me want to buy a big juicy emerald too :kiss2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Esme is extraordinary-oh that glow!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results