shape
carat
color
clarity

measurements

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rita

Rough_Rock
ok-new question: I see measurements on the certificate saying 5.84-5.96 x3.39mm. I dont' know what they mean. The total depth is 57.5%. I heard you're supposed to divide height by diameter or vice versa but I've fooled around with the numbers above and none of them add up right. How do you find diameter on a round? Is it one of those numbers? What exactly am I supposed to see when I look at these numbers--is it important?Thank you--I really like this site--I wish I had found this prior to making a purchase (I'm exchanging now)One other question--I read throughout this site about Mr. Cuellar. So, my next question is--is their any relevance to his corresponding grading theory? (that the highest color you should get with SI1 is H because if you buy a higher color you're wasting money because it won't resell for more than an SI1/H. I picked out .71 SI1/Fcolor. Now mind you it's EGL so it might be a G. Like I said, I'm exchanging and will take the advice of letting an independent appraiser look at it. I have a guy locally I think will work.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
No it looks ok. 3.39 mm is the Total Depth and it is 57.5% of the diamond diameter (about 5.9 mm).57.5% total depth can be considered as shallow. However, if combination of particular table, crown and pavilion is right you could get very good result. On the other hand, you could also get very bad result including Fisheye if the combination of table-crown-pavilion is wrong.That is why I ask you to post as much cut info from the grading report as possible.As for color/clarity relationship, it is very much up to personal taste. You might also want to take Garry Holloway recommendations into account: www.pricescope.com/tutor_summary.asp

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results