shape
carat
color
clarity

Me too... I jumped on the Catherine Cardellini fan club!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a great lady.... she took several pics of the necklaces I was considering. Her pearls have such wonderful overtones it was incredibly hard to choose even with seeing the wonderful pics she took and the input she had given. I chose the lavender blue AA+ round/baroque large Freshies. They are about 12mm at the largest pearls, 19 inches in length. I can't wait to get them! Now I am deciding on earrings to match!! I enjoy the process though as she really does have a beautiful selection of pearls!

1664baroquelaveblue.jpg

1664 Large Lavender Blue Rounded Baroque Freshwater Pearl Necklace _ SOLD.jpg

1664largelaveblue.jpg

1664lavelargerolledgold.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Me too... I jumped on the Catherine Cardellini fan club!

more...

AA+12mmLaveBlue.jpg

CClaveblue12mmFreshies.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

She took several pictures of the other strand I was considering. I am still considering it....but I will wait to get my first strand and decide. Hopefully they will not have sold by then.

DSCF5987 (2).jpg

DSCF5987 (3).jpg

DSCF5988 (2).jpg

DSCF5990 (2).jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sigh... as I look at these again... I really want the other strand. I love the gold overtones and the more metallic lustre, however, with my skin tone, I wanted a more lavender blue strand.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So now for earrings... which ones...?? I don't like "matchy-match.

777 High Lustre Colour Change Freshwater Pearl Drop Earrings.jpg

silverv lavender pinkinside.jpg

1432 Super Metallic Purples Oval Baroque and Rice Lavender Freshwater Pearl Drop Earrings.jpg

keshipearllavebutton.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Hard to decide, isn't it? The more metallic necklace does have a lot of lavender and blue shades as well. I really like the 3-pearl earrings with the keshi bottoms. The hardware on the single pearl earrings probably matches the necklace a bit better.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

i love the cool tones of the first strand.....but the 2nd strand is both cool and warm at the same time! think i prefer it.

geez, it is hard to make a decision, isn't it?! so many choices and the differences are subtle.

you can't go wrong with either strand, imo.

MoZo

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Where were those strands hiding when I was looking at the site?!!

I love both of those, they're awesome!! :love:

For earrings, I like the second pair, 1432, not too matchey-matchey. The one with the single pearl I think is too matchy.

Lordy! I have GOT to see pictures of these in RL!! :appl: :appl:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOL! All of your responses have confused me more! ACK! Why can't my wallet be endless?? Mozo.... I know, I have palpitations when I see some of the colors/metallics of the other strand!! ...and as far as the earrings go... I love all of them for different reasons. One of the reasons is that one of the pairs will go with my coppery lavender drip pearls from Kojima.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

ah, the endless wallet....could it be a relative my long awaited money tree?!

MoZo

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OH NOO!! I found more and I can't decide..... It is between these 3..... Please help me decide as I am going to order these within the next few hours!

821 Super Golden Metallic Lavender Drop.jpg

863laverice.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock

I like the second and third, not crazy about the first pair.

Actually, I love :love: the second pair, but that's my particular taste and the third is pretty good, too.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Okay, this won't help you at all: my DD likes the first pair. . .

Here's what I do when I can't decide; I flip a coin. BUT while the coin is in the air, my heart will tell me (by wishing for the heads or the tails) which one it really wants. . . :bigsmile:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

iLander said:

Actually, I love :love: the second pair, but that's my particular taste and the third is pretty good, too.

ILander... thanks for you quick response. My head is spinning making this decision. I too think the 2nd pair is the best...but there is something about the third pair that sucks me in! :twirl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock

cushioncutnut said:
iLander said:

ILander... thanks for you quick response. My head is spinning making this decision. I too think the 2nd pair is the best...but there is something about the third pair that sucks me in! :twirl:

I know, that third pair has the really cool green gold. I like it too.

If you're not trying to "go" with the blue necklace, and just want a pretty pair, that may be the way to go. . .

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

iLander said:
Okay, this won't help you at all: my DD likes the first pair. . .

Here's what I do when I can't decide; I flip a coin. BUT while the coin is in the air, my heart will tell me (by wishing for the heads or the tails) which one it really wants. . . :bigsmile:

:lol: Your right...that didn't help me. I think my daughter (11) would pick same the same pair.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

OOOOH, an idea! :wavey:

Ask her to make you a pair, combining your favorite colors/parts, and send the email before the sale is up, I'm sure she'll honor the price!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

iLander said:
cushioncutnut said:
iLander said:

If you're not trying to "go" with the blue necklace, and just want a pretty pair, that may be the way to go. . .

I do think the second pair goes the best...so I may just order that one......or both! ACk.... but I think the third pair matches the necklace that I did not buy above and so then I may have to buy the necklace too. Oh the horror! :devil: :errrr: :bigsmile:

iLander

Ideal_Rock

cushioncutnut said:
iLander said:
cushioncutnut said:
iLander said:

I do think the second pair goes the best...so I may just order that one......or both! ACk.... but I think the third pair matches the necklace that I did not buy above and so then I may have to buy the necklace too. Oh the horror! :devil: :errrr: :bigsmile:

LOL!!! :lol: :lol:

I'm sleepy, I'll check in on you tomorrow, CCN! ::) (is that the sleeping icon?)

I'll expect a full report! :naughty:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

iLander said:
cushioncutnut said:
iLander said:
cushioncutnut said:
iLander said:

LOL!!! :lol: :lol:

I'm sleepy, I'll check in on you tomorrow, CCN! ::) (is that the sleeping icon?)

I sure will! Night-night! and thanks for your help! :praise:
I'll expect a full report! :naughty:

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Okay, CCN, what did you decide? :?:

Also, I keep meaning to ask you; what is the fab stone in your avatar? Full specs, please! :naughty:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

iLander said:
Okay, CCN, what did you decide? :?:

Also, I keep meaning to ask you; what is the fab stone in your avatar? Full specs, please! :naughty:

I decide on these! She actually suggested both of the pairs I first posted. Since she has seen the true colors of my necklace in person, I thought I bet go with my instincts and trust her expertise. She is going to switch out the silver bali beads and replace them with the gold vermeil. She is also going to add something to it...but I don't know what yet. She will get back with me this evening on that.

The stone in my avatar is a sapphire from Simply Sapphires. The ring was custom made by Dimend Scaasi in Chicago. The stone is 2.79cts, ceylon sapphire, 8.79mmx 6.5>>?? Don't quote me on that.............. It was for my 20th Anniversary! But my how people on here have aquired such amazing sapphires. Not that I don't like my sapphire...... I just wish it was a tiny bit more saturated....but that is another thread...........LOL!

777 High Lustre Colour Change Freshwater.jpg

DSCF6783.JPG

iLander

Ideal_Rock

i think you made an Excellent choice! :appl:

Very good, and I'm glad you're changing out the spacers, since that was the only thing that made me pass on those.

They will be AWESOME :love: with the vermeil!

See, I think the tone of your sapphire is just PERFECT! I love it! :cheeky: :cheeky:

I prefer sapphires with a slightly lighter tone, I think darker tones "eat up" a lot of the sparkle. With that tone, it gets darker as your eye goes deeper, so you see more depth in the stone. Darker ones look flatter IMHO. Nice size too!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

iLander said:
i think you made an Excellent choice! :appl:

Very good, and I'm glad you're changing out the spacers, since that was the only thing that made me pass on those.

They will be AWESOME :love: with the vermeil!

See, I think the tone of your sapphire is just PERFECT! I love it! :cheeky: :cheeky:

I prefer sapphires with a slightly lighter tone, I think darker tones "eat up" a lot of the sparkle. With that tone, it gets darker as your eye goes deeper, so you see more depth in the stone. Darker ones look flatter IMHO. Nice size too!

Thank you ILander! I think you have great taste if I say so myself!1 :) I like that my sapphire is a little lighter. It really shows off the sparkle and it is cut really nice for a native cut. The color leans toward a tanzanite in certain lighting and people have confused it to be one. That is fine by me as I love Tanzanite but I won't wear it because it is such a brittle stone. A sapphire is a wonderful replacement if you can find a color closer to a tanzanite. I do love the royal -velvet blue ones....but many of the ones I have seen have not so great of a cut.

So back to the pearls... I think this will be a great match with the necklace. I should have ordered them together but her shipping fees are so inexpensive it is no big deal. .....Also, anything over a certain value might require a customs fee. Catherine and I both Googled the fees but there was so much to read and they don't put it in lamens terms so we kinda gave up on what the rule is shipping and item from Aus. to the U.S. We both read that $200 or less usually does not get a fee. Keeping my fingers crossed. Anyone else know?... or what has your experience been as I know there has been no exacts when it comes to customs fees/situations.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

iLander said:
i

Me too. :love:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

ok, only you ladies will understand my going around the bend: my last thoughts when i feel asleep at 1 a.m. was that i think i now prefer that first strand of pearls: the word that kept coming into my mind was "reflection"....i see that first strand as a reflection pool. ok, time to come back to reality.....

MoZo

ps perhaps this was the result of 'reflecting' too much on catherine's pearls...?!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

movie zombie said:
ok, only you ladies will understand my going around the bend: my last thoughts when i feel asleep at 1 a.m. was that i think i now prefer that first strand of pearls: the word that kept coming into my mind was "reflection"....i see that first strand as a reflection pool. ok, time to come back to reality.....

MoZo

ps perhaps this was the result of 'reflecting' too much on catherine's pearls...?!

I hear ya Mozo! thanks for your kind reflections! LOL! Seriously, I keep reflecting myself. I have been on Catherine's site most of this morning!! :-o Talk about a lazy Sunday and getting yourself in trouble! :rodent: So as I have been doing more reflecting, I found a few more pairs. I want to get another pair "just because". :bigsmile: So of all the pairs I have posted, not including the pair that I am getting, Help me pick a pair... just because!! :bigsmile:

668 Small Metallic Lavender Gold Drops and Tiny White Buttons Freshwater Pearl Earrings.jpg

744 White Drops with Tiny Metallic Lavender Freshwater Pearl Drop Earrings.jpg

751 Baby Pink Round and Tiny Metallic Lavender Freshwater Pearl Drop Earrings.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

#2......multipurpose and could also wear with a white pearl strand?

MoZo

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Ugh! CCN, these are ALL so PRETTY! What are we going to do? ;-)

I like #2 because drop pearls are SO elegant. They just scream classy to me, I have no idea why. :love:

But number 3 is such a cool color! Argh! :cheeky:

I say just see if you can print out the pictures to scale and then "try" them on.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You gals have great taste! I was leaning towards #2 for the reasons you both posted!! =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results